Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Exceptionally well done figure . . . from a stupid movie. :monkey3

More Terminators now, please.

Not sure if the price has been posted yet, but this was posted just minutes ago on Angolz and the price is an insane $295. With the exception of exclusives, Angolz seem to me to be the very cheapest with HT and so this likely isn't just some store overpricing but in fact probably one of the cheapest in the end.

I can't see how anyone would pay this price, it seems just nuts.

https://www.angolz.com/store/avatar-jake-sully-collectible-figure-1-6th-hot-toys-mms-159.html

I wish he had light up eyes, that would be cool. I think its unlikely we get bonus 'screaming' head sculpt cause it would also have to have the rooted braids and feathers. That would drive up the price

Hey does this body have upper torso joint? some of the pictures where he's turning looks like there might be a extra joint

Ewwwwwwwwwwww:monkey4

What the hell. Why?

didnt you see the movie? at the end battle the home tree possessed jake, then his eyes glowed and shot laser beams knocking off the human soldiers one by one off their heli.

Maybe reflective eyes would make more sense than lights, just to make his eyes a little brighter tho. But too many features would mess up the price. Im surprised its over 249

Well, after the long wait for this. i must admit I'm very very disappointed with it. The joints are pretty horrible (I know its still probably better than rotting rubber). The likeness isn't that great, I can't see Worthington or Sully in there. He just looks like a generic avatar.

But the biggest disappointment for me is the lack of glass eyes. I thought that was a given after the Rango-Priscilla release. Which used glass eyes brilliantly.

And no self illumination. Same cop out as the Tron Legacy release, a lighting stand. eaugggh!

Why did this take so long? Maybe a whole pile of R&D which didn't work out?

I will still buy, because I like the idea of the scale (especially if they release some humans as well) but a major, major let down for me.

Feels more like a Neca release.. (no offense to Neca).

didnt you see the movie? at the end battle the home tree possessed jake, then his eyes glowed and shot laser beams knocking off the human soldiers one by one off their heli.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

that was only in the extended directors cut right?

Damn, I just POed Babydoll yesterady and now this already?! Darn you HT!

Anyway, I'll still PO this no matter what. I'm just gonna think about on how I'm gonna pay him when he arrives, hopefully not too soon haha!

Last edited:

Mine! I've waited so long for an Avatar figure! I hope they make Neytiri and possibly Turuk! I doubt they would make him though.

By the way, hi! :) I'm new to both this forum and been collecting about 6 months...

Jake Sully looks excellent!I like much Avatar movie but Im not getting this.He looks huge.

Welcome to the show Natty... Get ready to spend major bucks if you stick around this place to much...

Mine! I've waited so long for an Avatar figure! I hope they make Neytiri and possibly Turuk! I doubt they would make him though.

By the way, hi! :) I'm new to both this forum and been collecting about 6 months...

:welcome1:

This one looks like a generic Na'vi as Jake Sully should clearly have a square facial structure, Not oval.

1296434686-U1.jpg
267818_10150238770707344_58690437343_7659158_4177562_n.jpg

This one looks like a generic Na'vi as Jake Sully should clearly have a square facial structure, Not oval.

1296434686-U1.jpg
267818_10150238770707344_58690437343_7659158_4177562_n.jpg

Yup, looks nothing like Worthington, which N'avi Jake did.
:(

I was gonna ask if HT are starting to rush these things out, but then remembered this was announced years ago!:horror

Well, we can't deny the attention to detail is amazing, so I wouldn't call this a rushed out figure :lol it's just that it doesn't look like Jake, just the way I see it, of course.

Going on what I've read so far in this thread it seems that most folks are impressed that HT followed through with this figure but are not blown away enough to shell out the big bucks for it.

Could end up being a bit of a sales dud for HT if that's the case, in which case the knock-on effect of that is Jake may well be spending his nights alone on the shelf.

Back