Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having had this guy since October, i looked at selling him recently. Though when i took him out of the Detolf i realized just how awesome this guy still is and don't think i could get rid of him ever.

Oh yeah. Sam Pred's just that amazing. The base alone is a great display piece. I know of a lot of guys who wish they could get one, only held back by the price, though I think it's worth the premium compared to other HT Preds given that this figure doesn't have any re-used parts from a previously released Predators.

After living with the piece for a bit I will say that I love it (LOVE IT), but it is in no way worth the retail price.
At 360 plus shipping it should be avoided. I received mine for $240 shipped, with the purple head, because of some damage to the art box. A peg of the right shoulder armor was also snapped. $250 is much more in line with what you actually get imo. The paint is solid, but there is no detailed human likeness to try and replicate here. No peers, frak, no iris’ even. The plastic on the helmet feels like it is made of the cheapest styrene possible. It literally feels like a potato chip that may chip in your hands. The pegs are so flimsy that they break in the box even with HT awesome and secure packaging. Don’t get me wrong, this is an awesome piece of art, but what you get for nearly 400 shipped…….not sure what to say. It is of course subjective, but at 400 I would have some insane buyer’s remorse. At $240 I’m pretty happy.

Side note: I had both the brown head and purple head at one point. If the base heads color transition from purple at the back to brown at the point it is severed to match the color of the trophy head it would not be an issue (or a bold face lie), but the stark contrast looked ridiculous to me. For me no purple head would have been a deal breaker.

Having had this guy since October, i looked at selling him recently. Though when i took him out of the Detolf i realized just how awesome this guy still is and don't think i could get rid of him ever.

Don't sell it! It's way too awesome and unique to be taken out of one's collection! IMO you should keep it! I love mine and it's going stay here :yess:.

Finally caved in and ordered this guy using SSC's $25.00 coupon. Been staying away from it bc of the price. At least the $25.00 lowers it just a little. It was either that or earn $18.00 in rewards points by ordering this w/o coupon. Flex pay'd it too

Here's my samurai predator. I'm happy with it, great piece:woo

picture.php

Red Xeno head eh? I still can't believe how many they botched with that unfinished paintjob.

Yea the flash makes it look a little red..
To be honest I don't even mind that its not purple. I don't care about small inaccuracies as much as most people on here... Overall its still a great piece. Purple would be nice but its not a deal breaker

Yea the flash makes it look a little red..
To be honest I don't even mind that its not purple. I don't care about small inaccuracies as much as most people on here... Overall its still a great piece. Purple would be nice but its not a deal breaker

Agreed with you bro,
:clap

I was bummed about the red but I could care less at this point, the selling point is the figure itself.

For me the Alien was always just as important as the Predator.

Oh yeah. Sam Pred's just that amazing. The base alone is a great display piece. I know of a lot of guys who wish they could get one, only held back by the price, though I think it's worth the premium compared to other HT Preds given that this figure doesn't have any re-used parts from a previously released Predators.

Don't sell it! It's way too awesome and unique to be taken out of one's collection! IMO you should keep it! I love mine and it's going stay here :yess:.

Its not going anywhere :hi5:. now its reposed i have a new love for this fella now. I still can't bring myself to use the full mask though i hate hiding the face i think it looks great.

I thought we already passed on the whole purple brown head... OOppsss I don't think so. I don't by the BS they said. But still the figure is great the way it is. It will add up to the satisfaction if it's purple.

Sorry for reposting the old pics. Couldn't be happier. Maybe I should get another one and display it next to him, open mask for sure!

Guys, need your help on below...
1) anyone bought samurai pred recently from sideshow directly (like past 2/3 months) Are u getting red / brown or purple head.
2) has anyone bought from bbts ... Do they charge taxes? Chances of purple head?
3) anyone bought from any specific seller on ebay at a better cost?

This toy is very expensive and hence my questions above, any help is helpful....

Back