Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, need your help on below...
1) anyone bought samurai pred recently from sideshow directly (like past 2/3 months) Are u getting red / brown or purple head.
2) has anyone bought from bbts ... Do they charge taxes? Chances of purple head?
3) anyone bought from any specific seller on ebay at a better cost?

This toy is very expensive and hence my questions above, any help is helpful....

I got mine from BBTS, got a red head. If BBTS is taxing products it's tallied into their price already.

The reason i wanted to know as if there is a better chance to get a purple head by shelling extra $$$$ buying from sideshow... It seems even they dont gurantee a purple head...

Who ever you are thinking of buying from, call them first. Let them know what you are looking for. If they are not willing to check the stock to accommodate you take your money elsewhere.

Who ever you are thinking of buying from, call them first. Let them know what you are looking for. If they are not willing to check the stock to accommodate you take your money elsewhere.

called - sideshow, they wont look at stock and confirm and say it can be anything. Called BBTS and they wont either. Any other sellers you are aware about that I could try? ebay is also ruled out...:impatient:

I got mine from eBay
Off the top of my head I can't think of anyone else, but you may want try calling Troy at Fanboy Collectibles (203) 304-9180
[email protected]
I've had very good luck with him

Guys, need your help on below...
1) anyone bought samurai pred recently from sideshow directly (like past 2/3 months) Are u getting red / brown or purple head.
2) has anyone bought from bbts ... Do they charge taxes? Chances of purple head?
3) anyone bought from any specific seller on ebay at a better cost?

This toy is very expensive and hence my questions above, any help is helpful....

I just got this from Sideshow, and I received the red/brown head. Their explanation is pretty much BS, and they really screwed up and aren't owning up to it.

I know it's been said to death, and many don't care and are fine with the red head; however, their explanation that it's the artist's choice to have it seem like blood is draining out works if there's SOME purple in the head.

If you look back early on you'll see some great pictures that show it started off a bit red, then blending back to purple because that's how the artist wanted it. The one's that are red/brown that people are getting are unfinished, and never received the purple paint job. It's a joke really, since the figure costs an insane amount of money compared to others simply due to the artist involved.

Here's a comparison from earlier to show just how clear the error is. Even a hint of purple toward the neck would make it completely acceptable; however, they just didn't do the app on some at all.

I've got a purple and and orangey-red one... I just opened the second one I'm holding for a friend and sure enough...

htsp3.jpg

htsp2.jpg

htsp1.jpg

They are flash saturated pics, but it's the best way to show the colour differences between them.

Having such a mix shows it's a clear error, but I guess it's too big for them to fix with how many went out. I'm not a fan that they didn't own up to it at all, and simply gave me the regurgitated answer they've given everyone else.

Alas, the figure itself is amazing...absolutely stunning really! Since there's no real way to get a purple head at this point, I'll be keeping this one. I do love it, and I've wanted it for a long time even knowing about the paint issue (though to be honest I'd have thought they would've fixed it by this point.)

I highly recommend the piece; however, Sideshow is not the place to go if you're looking for a purple head. They've pretty much written it off and say that the red one was how it was always meant to be -- even though that's clearly untrue.

I personally feel the artist should step up and say that this is untrue, we are appreciating someones art, and shelling out $$$$ for this and anyone who does not respect it is not a true artist. Its shame on sideshow. I gave them thousands of $$$ of business and i am afraid to order from them cause they are actng this way. It shows a lot about a companys integrity and values.... What a shame... May be some lawyer collector can throw a class action law suit .. Sucks dont know what to do...its s clear it needed a purple paint on top of it... I mean very very clear....

I personally feel the artist should step up and say that this is untrue, we are appreciating someones art, and shelling out $$$$ for this and anyone who does not respect it is not a true artist. Its shame on sideshow. I gave them thousands of $$$ of business and i am afraid to order from them cause they are actng this way. It shows a lot about a companys integrity and values.... What a shame... May be some lawyer collector can throw a class action law suit .. Sucks dont know what to do...its s clear it needed a purple paint on top of it... I mean very very clear....

Well, it's just odd. They seem to be really good about returns and such, and I know early on they swapped out a couple of heads for people; however, not long after they came up with the story that it was meant to be like that and added the "Final Product May Not Be As Shown" or whatever on the Samurai Predator page and called it a day.

For sure it sucks that they did that, as it's an error and a pretty obvious one; however, the piece itself is just so fantastic. If you're in no rush, keep doing some research or asking places to check if the heads are purple -- though I wouldn't hold your breath, as it seems most NA stores seem to have the unfinished ones.

In the end, the price is quite high for there to be an error like this, but the piece itself is phenomenal and really beautiful. It'll be a personal choice really. It's a lot to invest, so you can either wait until a sale of some sorts happens, or see what else is out there. BBTS I hear has red heads too.

It all comes down to whether or not that's a make or break for you. Is it excusable? Not at all. I'm annoyed with it since I don't have the skills to fix the paint job like many here (though to be fair, I shouldn't have to fix a paint job). I'd love to trade someone who wants a red head for their purple head; though I'm not sure that's happening anymore. But at the same time, I'm really happy I made the purchase, as it really is a fantastic piece.

Finally got the samurai predator. What a piece of art. However got the red / brown head.... Not a deal breaker but having held it in hand its very clear that sideshow lied through their teeth on the color issue... :gah:

Such a shame on what appears to be an otherwise awesome looking figure and accessories.

Agreed. Awesome figure ... But am amazed how shameless the company can be and not admit its mistake. Any other industry there would be an impending lawsuit ...

The purple head was actually the mistake and we all received the correction . That's the way I look at it . This figure is one of my favorites in my collection ,hands down . I'm not gonna lose any sleep over this . Would I have like to have the purple head instead ? Yes .

It's retarded they ever left the manufacturer like that.

They must have got something free for all of the issues the manufacturer made. But i am assuming these are all hand painted and what it looks to me is that instructions may not have been given properly which may have caused the issue. Either ways am sure they got compensated one way or the other.... Its the blatent lie that bothers me. We are all collectors with an eye for detail and we know if the head was loosing blood it would be gradual and not sudden. Not every drop of blood can vanish and all of it can be retained in the body, no blood stains on the diorama as well (the blood that drained out?) ... Loadz of BS...

They must have got something free for all of the issues the manufacturer made. But i am assuming these are all hand painted and what it looks to me is that instructions may not have been given properly which may have caused the issue. Either ways am sure they got compensated one way or the other.... Its the blatent lie that bothers me. We are all collectors with an eye for detail and we know if the head was loosing blood it would be gradual and not sudden. Not every drop of blood can vanish and all of it can be retained in the body, no blood stains on the diorama as well (the blood that drained out?) ... Loadz of BS...

Tons of it. Just covering their collective asses.

Back