Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Sam Pred arrived and he is now my favorite piece in my entire collection!!! The only gripes I have are that for the price, the fallen samurai sword trophies should be able to be removed from the scabbards and wielded by the sam pred. Also I got the red headed xeno and they should have all been purple across the board...

its based on the designs of well known Japanese artist and sculptor "Takeya". He has done lots of unique kits/models of preds and aliens over the yrs, so this is a figure version designed by him. A artists take on a samurai era pred hunting aliens.

i have one and i luv the hell out of it, def hesitated at first cuz its not based on a specific film or comic etc. but im glad i got it, its a very original take on a pred by a very talented artist i have admired for yrs.

its based on the designs of well known Japanese artist and sculptor "Takeya". He has done lots of unique kits/models of preds and aliens over the yrs, so this is a figure version designed by him. A artists take on a samurai era pred hunting aliens.

i have one and i luv the hell out of it, def hesitated at first cuz its not based on a specific film or comic etc. but im glad i got it, its a very original take on a pred by a very talented artist i have admired for yrs.

I agree...still by far the best pred released by hot toys to date IMO. Amazing piece.

Finally broke down and pulled the trigger
Ashamed of myself :(
But stoked at the same time.
Advertised as guaranteed to have the purple head. It's goin back if it don't.

imho the brown head does not look bad at all.. i was not dissapointed & actually prefer it over the purp... to each his own, i guess..

If the brown headed version had a paint app on the base portion of the head that transitioned the purple to the brown and showed the color loss on both sides of the cut I'd be cool with it. As that is not the case it's purple or nothing for me.

also, watch out for this pred's shoulder armor (right). i was trying to change hands & got too rough w/ im & that piece came off. one of the pegs broke off & had to re-glue & re-attach... frikkin nightmare!

no probs... didnt take any pix while it was broken, i was just very relieved to have fixed it..

He arrived today in the form of a Hot Toys Ghost Rider figure............

The seller sent me the wrong item. I will give them a few days to make it right, then file a claim with buyer protection.
Lots of love for the purple headed Sam Pred :)

also, watch out for this pred's shoulder armor (right). i was trying to change hands & got too rough w/ im & that piece came off. one of the pegs broke off & had to re-glue & re-attach... frikkin nightmare!

mine actually came broken...and had to get a replacement from sideshow

Back