Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shhhhyyyttt!! I have 2 of these on their way. Can't believe HT is having these problems for the price increase I'd expect better.

I haven't even gotten the helmet on, its pretty scary...damn

are you talking about the part that wraps around the head. ? the directions say to put it on at an angle.. you have to spread it out a little and push it over the side of its head. it will pop on..
i think his hands were kind of a pain to change the ball joint wants to move before you get enough force to pop it on, that was annoying grrrr:gah:

Honestly, I got one of the ones with the orange alien head, and I didn't even notice it until I saw the posts on here when people reporting it as a problem. It doesn't bother me.

are you talking about the part that wraps around the head. ? the directions say to put it on at an angle.. you have to spread it out a little and push it over the side of its head. it will pop on..
i think his hands were kind of a pain to change the ball joint wants to move before you get enough force to pop it on, that was annoying grrrr:gah:

oh tell me about it, that right hand(his right) with the blades on, i managed to take off his gauntlet and move the ball joint every direction before it finally popped on lol.

The helmet feels like your going to break it putting it on, other then that I think it's great.

i was like that aswell, you can hear it making all sorts of noises when pulling it a little lol but then it finally popped into to place and it shall never be taken off again lol

besides some QC it really is a fantastic figure and one of the best in my collection i think.

Gee I would be so piss if I get that brown color severed head. I don't see the problem in Asia. Thanks to that.

I think I'm going to wrap up on HT collecting at this and P2 as they are already pre-ordered, I'm feeling very disapointed with this kind of issues, it's a damn shame on such expensive figures. Samurai had everything to be a perfect figure, but these QC problems on such an expensive figure are unacceptable. I don't like the idea of paying top dollar and getting these problems, takes out the fun from collecting and becomes a worry and disapointment.

I think I'm going to wrap up on HT collecting at this and P2 as they are already pre-ordered, I'm feeling very disapointed with this kind of issues, it's a damn shame on such expensive figures. Samurai had everything to be a perfect figure, but these QC problems on such an expensive figure are unacceptable. I don't like the idea of paying top dollar and getting these problems, takes out the fun from collecting and becomes a worry and disapointment.

It would be a good idea for you to stop if that's the way you see things. Buy stuff that makes you happy and forget the rest.

Honestly, I got one of the ones with the orange alien head, and I didn't even notice it until I saw the posts on here when people reporting it as a problem. It doesn't bother me.

that's another one....

you just got bent over by HT and you're saying you're fine thank you.:dunno

HT made you numb. :lol

that's another one....

you just got bent over by HT and you're saying you're fine thank you.:dunno

HT made you numb. :lol

It's like that???? So fixing the purple paint issue isn't even an option anymore??? Go straight to hate... :monkey4:horror:lol

It would be a good idea for you to stop if that's the way you see things. Buy stuff that makes you happy and forget the rest.

That's right, the way these things are getting is making me feel worried and disapointed instead :( . I will keep the ones I have, but will probably stop after receiving Samurai and then P2, which are already pre-ordered. But I will keep an eye on future releases to see if these things are improved.

Anyway, I still may be lucky with Samurai since it comes only in November in my case, but I doubt it from what I've read so far... it's like buying a Lamborghini and the driver seat has a different color by QC error and the gears handle is missing the top cover or something. For a top dollar thing of a kind of product that is to be perfect, these things are unacceptable.

It's like that???? So fixing the purple paint issue isn't even an option anymore??? Go straight to hate... :monkey4:horror:lol

keep on sucking HT tatas butters.lolz :lol
was there ever an issue nor a concern about fixing the paint in the post i quoted? NOPE.

he's OKAY with a busted paint. :monkey4

Figure is magnificent no doubt, but the brown head is dumb. I'm keeping mine but only because my time is more valuable spent on other stuff and not trying to hunt a replacement down. Got mine from bbts. I'm not forgiving HT but I'm not going as far as bending over and thanking them. I think for some of us the mentality is simply that **** happens all the time and life goes on. Saying people are push overs for accepting a flaw in a 300$ toy seems a little extreme in my opinion.

this might help fellow BBTS buyers:

Defective items: If you receive an item that has a manufacturer's defect we are happy to ship a replacement. Please contact us within 30 days of receiving your order. BBTs will cover all shipping fees to and from our warehouse on defective items. Defective items may only be exchanged for the same item.

The only factor I am not sure of is whether or not BBTS has ANY properly painted heads...if not, then this is rather useless. They do allow full refund though...

If BBTS receives their stock from SSC, and I believe this is to be the case, then most likely the alien head is brown with their batch as well. Thus, no replacement heads to give to you.

Hope I'm wrong and everyone gets taken care of. It's a shame that the QC had been nonexistent with this alien head.

Has anyone contacted BBTS about the Red/Brown head?

i was going to get one from BBTS before seeing the paint probs with alien head so emialed them to let them know of possible probs with their stock and even linked them to this thread so they could see the comments and pics by butters of the wrong head compared to the right purple head.

was last friday i sent the email, no response yet. have asked q's before and usulay got a response very fast. lame that they keep selling even tho there are probs same with CSC. wtf?:slap

this does really suck, saved up for a entire month scrambling for money. freelance art jobs that made my head hurt now i have the loot and this ish.. def not in a hurry to buy till we have word heads will be replaced or not.

has anyone emailed hot toys about this?

sure enough..brown alien head....just emailed SSC....you guys got any kind of response from them yet ? such an expensive figure and a shame to have this kind of QC.....somebody was sleeping on the production line..

Back