Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is indeed the figure you see on top. He is in no way connected to the base. That particular base will not come packaged with this figure. I know, it's a shame as the high price would be more than justified if so.

For those new to the thread, check the first page to see the included base. It will come with only 1 alien.

As for the knee joint... I would imagine this figure to be just as poseable as Classic Predator. Although it's not the definitive proof, they both have 22 points of articulation.

I think the new Pred bodies starting with Berserker have become the standard, favoring look over posing. So I think you are correct with the articulation.

Right, and I'm OK with that. I like the ability to pose the figures but they also have to look good.

I'm probably in the minority, but I've always thought the P1, P2, and all the other figures that use that body had eyesores for joints. It takes away from the overall appearance of the figure.

I'd gladly pick aesthetics over poseability.

Now the Hulk figure... I just don't know what's going to happen there.
I've got a lot I want to say, but I'll save that for the correct thread.

I am ok with whatever route they take, but that is the reason I collect figures and not statues. There are some 'sacrifices' in articulation I am willing to accept, but others are a must and essential for the figure.

The Hulk, what can I tell you, a Pred-like body or rubber?

Last edited:
Not much longer now until this beast gets released. I can't wait, I hope HT don't stop here with the Artist Collection line because I want some more Preds in this style. I've not had any figures through for ages now, not since the Classic Pred but finally I've got this, Jake Sully, the Light Cycle & Iron Monger & 3A's Zaku all (hopefully) due over the coming months, so good times ahead for me in the figures world.

I'm looking foward to seeing in hand pics of this guy. I didn't order one but I'd like to live vicariously

It's on June. According to a release schedule of Hot Toys Community. They are not official, but they have been right with delays and stuff.

Anybody have him on Flexpay?

Last edited:
Not much longer now until this beast gets released. I can't wait, I hope HT don't stop here with the Artist Collection line because I want some more Preds in this style. I've not had any figures through for ages now, not since the Classic Pred but finally I've got this, Jake Sully, the Light Cycle & Iron Monger & 3A's Zaku all (hopefully) due over the coming months, so good times ahead for me in the figures world.

Good line-up there. :hi5:
It's a great time to be a collector, so long as the wallet can agree. :)

I have dropped this guy off the PO list, I was looking forward to him and think he looks great but had to trim the fat and stick to more must have figures. As cool as this guy looks he is still more of an impulse buy than a main charactor.

This still my most anticipated release from all HT's current lineup. Pretty much passed on all the marvel stuff so my wallet's been getting fat.

I don't have this on pre order but will probably buy this after it has shipped. Too many stuff on pre orders at the moment and too much cash tied up on pre order deposits or full payment. I don't fancy the idea of laying down my cash 6 months to a year before i get the item.

I don't think I am going to have a problem trying to find one off one of the retailers when this ships.

Soz, didn't mean to get preachy, i just prefer original characters, bored of all the same ones

I was trying to be funny:1-1: The samurai pred is an awesome piece, and would look great in any collection and is original as they come with the new body, head armor, base and design. I dropped him from my PO list only because I have a very important priority coming up that will be life changing. So I'm sticking to my favorate lines for the forseeable future:)

I was trying to be funny:1-1: The samurai pred is an awesome piece, and would look great in any collection and is original as they come with the new body, head armor, base and design. I dropped him from my PO list only because I have a very important priority coming up that will be life changing. So I'm sticking to my favorate lines for the forseeable future:)
Congratulations!
When is the Bar Mitzvah?

Back