Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hong Kong Ani-Com 2011: Hot Toys SAMURAI PREDATOR (Collectible Statue)

Erm, it may be painted well, but they do not fit the Xenomorph in anyway....

Sure man. Whatever rocks your boat. If you believe Aliens should only be black or dark gray or colors that look black, then go ahead. I think it looks good on the Alien. It also helps improve the overall look of the figure TO ME.

I have to really remark that so there are no misunderstandings later.

Re: Hot Toys - Artist Collection: SAMURAI PREDATOR (Sixth Scale Figure)

I'm really excited for this figure. I wish I could have it now, but it will be released by June next year.

This date is based on the last Flexpay payment, which is due in June.

Fixed. At the time this thread was made, we weren't sure what it would be.

Actually it should be changed back to "statue" and a new thread should be made for the 1/6 scale figure. Two different products.

This is the Statue (that this thread was made for):
p5.jpg

And this is the 1/6 scale figure:
303749_247667265295057_100001553550102_704930_1359626369_n.jpg

And this was the official announcement from HT:
This 1/6th scale Samurai Predator diorama project is proudly designed and painted by Mr Takayuki Takeya (竹谷隆之) and specially sculpted by Mr. Yuji Oniki (鬼木祐二), which will be firstly unveiled in the Ani-Com & Games event in Hong Kong for preview from 29th July to 2nd August! The 1/6th scale collectible figure which is inspired by this diorama project will be announced later. Stay tuned!

:wave

when you see that people on ebay usually pay at least this amount for any of the older non-Predators movie predators and up to $1000 or more I think there will be demand for this especially later on.

Nah.. there's only a select few that fetch high prices and they're ALL franchise Predators. Not fantasy based/custom Predators. And keep in mind: those figures were all under $150 when they were released. Hell you can find Wolf for under $200 (seen a few go on here for $150 a pop).

Sure man. Whatever rocks your boat. If you believe Aliens should only be black or dark gray or colors that look black, then go ahead. I think it looks good on the Alien. It also helps improve the overall look of the figure TO ME.

I have to really remark that so there are no misunderstandings later.
I don't believe they should only be dark grey/black/dark brown..they ARE those colors..not pretty reds and yellows.

I don't understand why they feel the need to change just about every good and unique thing about the creatures.

..just sayin

post edited:

Last edited:

As much as I think it's cool looking, at that price it's a big ass pass for me!

I don't believe they should only be dark grey/black/dark brown..they ARE those colors..not pretty reds and yellows.

I don't understand why they feel the need to change just about every good and unique thing about the creatures.

..just sayin

Yup.. it's like arguing the color of a zebra. They're black and white, period. There's no "opinion" or "preference" when it comes to that. That's just what color they are. Same with the Aliens from that franchise.

Can you color a Zebra purple and yellow? Absolutely. Doesn't magically mean it's correct. It just means someone took some creative license with the coloring. Like the artists did with this figure and the Aliens on the base.

Looks stupid IMO. Never been a fan of Skittles inspired Aliens.

Yup.. it's like arguing the color of a zebra. They're black and white, period. There's no "opinion" or "preference" when it comes to that. That's just what color they are. Same with the Aliens from that franchise.

Can you color a Zebra purple and yellow? Absolutely. Doesn't magically mean it's correct. It just means someone took some creative license with the coloring. Like the artists did with this figure and the Aliens on the base.

Looks stupid IMO. Never been a fan of Skittles inspired Aliens.

Yeah, but remember, Aliens are not real, they are fantasy. They can be any color the artist of the certain franchise chooses it to be. A pink Alien would make sense if given the right explanationin the series. Some people will not like it, some will accept it, and others will like it.

But again, I believe this figure was made for those looking for something different in the Predator universe. A very small select few from what I can tell.

Dog Alien was on the verge of maroon and the Predalien was cream.

Id like to think whatever the facehugger made love to on that planet was the reason the Xeno is that colour.

Besides, they look very resurrection'ish coloured on the diorama. I love the figure bases alien colours too. But they do look whacky
Going by what we saw in the movie, the Resurrection Drones were a very dark brown.
I don't think I've ever seen a maroon Dog Alien, in the movie he was a weird milky brown/greyish color...although the greyish was when he was still molting..
And everyone knows the Predalien was all wrong, although it looked bad ass.. The back of it was colored nicely though..

If an Alien burst from the hulk, it's not going to be this bright green color..it's going to be very dark..not like these.

I mean, I could take out some ketchup, poor it on my NECA Giger Alien, bash it with a hammer a few times and bam..

Yeah, but remember, Aliens are not real, they are fantasy. They can be any color the artist of the certain franchise chooses it to be. A pink Alien would make sense if given the right explanationin the series. Some people will not like it, some will accept it, and others will like it.

But again, I believe this figure was made for those looking for something different in the Predator universe. A very small select few from what I can tell.
Looking for somthing different? Giger's incredibly unique and detailed creations weren't good enough for you, so you thought they'd be better red and yellow?

If you're going to pull the "not real" card..then let's just trash the whole god damn franchise. Let's make Ripley a one-eyed Twi'lek Hobbit and turn the Xenomorphs into spikey, fire-breathing marshmallows..

Seriously

Nah.. there's only a select few that fetch high prices and they're ALL franchise Predators. Not fantasy based/custom Predators. And keep in mind: those figures were all under $150 when they were released. Hell you can find Wolf for under $200 (seen a few go on here for $150 a pop).

I hadn't checked ebay prices for awhile. While they have come down a lot they are still well above retail on a percentage basis. I just think this is going to look a lot less dated then the AVP predators years from now and combined with the low run I think it will be one of those that will maintain a higher value even despite the fact that is not a franchise predator. I guess we will see.

Yeah, but remember, Aliens are not real, they are fantasy. They can be any color the artist of the certain franchise chooses it to be.

And that's the problem, this isn't a franchise release. It's from two independent HK artists.

Artistic license for a project like this is fine, but criticism (due to that artistic license) comes with the territory. It's the equivalent of someone doing a Hulk statue and making it Pink with yellow polka dots.

Anyone who doesn't think that would be bashed is crazy.

Based on the previous incarnations of the character, they're ALWAYS dark/black in color. That's how they're always represented. When people decide (on their own) to change an established character, especially something distinct like the color scheme, then they shouldn't be shocked when people hate it. Simple.

tastethexeno.jpg

:wave

HT is starting to smoke some good ____ in China to come up with that price.

While I kind of like the idea of this... it is something I would never want to own and the price is crazy. Just don't see this (even with the neat-o base, being worth $150 more than any other Predator released.

No dude, what if..what if a Predator came down to Earth and..and he..and he wanted to dress like the samurai out of respect!!

What Predator wouldn't want to wear this!?!

samurai.jpg

They look cool to me. :dunno

Seriously what's your problem with Samurai Culture? It's not like they mugged you as a child.

No kidding. :cuckoo:

The Samurai Lesson of the Downpour has had a very positive effect on my life and attitude.

If you dont like it and will continue bashing the figure, as well as a part of Japanese culture, kindly leave this thread and don't turn it into the Classic Pread thread. You already showed and manifested your dislike for it.

So your kind of an _______ then eh Lar'ja?

It was a different time back time. In an age where extreme physical conditioning was neccessary to survive, the samurai were considered exceptional. The samurai dedicated every moment of their lives to mastering combat, so in a hypothetical sense I can see why a Predator would appreciate the the culture. Hundred of years of their society was built on the ability of the samurai. It wasn't just someone pulling a gun trigger or pushing a nuke button.

Today its just about who spends the most time in the gym so they can look like a male model on the beach. Those guys in the pic may be small, but put a sharp piece of metal in their hands and they become literal killing machines.

:goodpost: :clap :rock :clap :rock :clap :rock

HT is starting to smoke some good ____ in China to come up with that price.

Agreed 100%. 360$ is too much. What're you thinking HT?

Back