Hot Toys - Artist Collection - AVP: Samurai Predator 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hong Kong Ani-Com 2011: Hot Toys SAMURAI PREDATOR (Collectible Statue)

XB360? is this for real??? :panic::panic::panic:

This is going to end up on the gift card eligibility list so fast... I'm not kidding, I'd totally pay $360 -- for a DX P1 or P2. How many of these things do they expect to sell?

:goodpost: :goodpost:

(but a little too sensible for many posters)

I guess, but I don't try to start conflict and many of them are more sensitive than a female on her period, so just keeping it nice. Notice I did not single out anybody either.

If you dont like it and will continue bashing the figure, as well as a part of Japanese culture, kindly leave this thread and don't turn it into the Classic Pread thread. You already showed and manifested your dislike for it.

right, cuz your opinion matters and mine doesn't right :lol

many posters here don't like the figure either and I have no problem with samurai or Japanese culture as long as you don't claim that they are tough...

The comic style of this figure of off the hook, I'm just mad they wasted it on a stupid theme...

wow. easy pass. no interest in this at all. The price is ridiculous as well though I would pass this up even at $150.

Wow seeing this pic makes me think some legends are surely exaggerated...

Why would a killer species like predators mock these little wimps?

What I really want to know is.... when does the predator with hockey equipment come out?

It was a different time back time. In an age where extreme physical conditioning was neccessary to survive, the samurai were considered exceptional. The samurai dedicated every moment of their lives to mastering combat, so in a hypothetical sense I can see why a Predator would appreciate the the culture. Hundred of years of their society was built on the ability of the samurai. It wasn't just someone pulling a gun trigger or pushing a nuke button.

Today its just about who spends the most time in the gym so they can look like a male model on the beach. Those guys in the pic may be small, but put a sharp piece of metal in their hands and they become literal killing machines.

right, cuz your opinion matters and mine doesn't right :lol

many posters here don't like the figure either and I have no problem with samurai or Japanese culture as long as you don't claim that they are tough...

The comic style of this figure of off the hook, I'm just mad they wasted it on a stupid theme...

Nobody is forcing you to buy it. It is a figure for those who like it. You don't like it? You think it is a wasted pice of material and art? Fine. I just think you are wasting your time here if from the beginning, this figure was not of your liking.

I don't like movie based superhero figures and am patiently waiting for the Sideshow comic version Batman figure. But I do not go on the movie based superhero threads posting my dislike for them and my preference to comic versions. Those are for the ones who like it and that's it.

But for us who like it, we don't need to keep reading pages and pages of 'this sux', 'no pred should respect samurais', 'wasted figure', 'what's next, tuxedo predator, soccer predator, secretary predator', and so on.

I'm not Japanese and the guys in the pic posted here do not look tough, but you never know what a man is capable of just by his appearance. Besides, I consider Samurais to be more loyal and have a strict code of honor and respect than them being outstanding warriors.

many posters here don't like the figure either and I have no problem with samurai or Japanese culture as long as you don't claim that they are tough.....

Wow.....talk about about showing complete ignorance and lack of education. Samurai are regarded as being one of the most disciplined, skilled and fearless warriors ever. Traits shared by predators, right down to their arrogance and ritual suicide?

Last edited:

It was a different time back time. In an age where extreme physical conditioning was neccessary to survive, the samurai were considered exceptional. The samurai dedicated every moment of their lives to mastering combat, so in a hypothetical sense I can see why a Predator would appreciate the the culture. Hundred of years of their society was built on the ability of the samurai. It wasn't just someone pulling a gun trigger or pushing a nuke button.

Today its just about who spends the most time in the gym so they can look like a male model on the beach. Those guys in the pic may be small, but put a sharp piece of metal in their hands and they become literal killing machines.

:exactly::goodpost:

Also, some of the Pred lore suggest the different Predator cultures also influencing the development of the different types here on earth. So this might be a Pred from a clan that inspired the Samurai way and culture.

I have no doubt that the Samurais were badasses who knew how to fight..but to put their fugly armor on a Predator is ridiculous imo.

No more DX Luke for me, so this figure will cost me $70. There will be other versions of him later and I like Preds more than Star Wars. Boba Fett, Vader and Yoda are the must haves for me, the rest, meh.

I hope the dreads are bendable. The base and the alien colors look great as well.

While the $360 seems outrageous on the face of it (and compared with iron monger and common sense it is) when you see that people on ebay usually pay at least this amount for any of the older non-Predators movie predators and up to $1000 or more I think there will be demand for this especially later on. There probably won't be very many of them made either. In an era where Hot Toys is remaking a lot of their figures this could be one of those that will appreciate nicely and be sought after down the road.

I hope the dreads are bendable. The base and the alien colors look great as well.
Erm, it may be painted well, but they do not fit the Xenomorph in anyway....

:clapThe face is kinda weird w/o the badass red mask tho... other than that an awesome figure that is pretty expensive

This is an action figure right? Why is it then called "statue" in the title of this thread??

This is an action figure right? Why is it then called "statue" in the title of this thread??

Fixed. At the time this thread was made, we weren't sure what it would be.

Fixed. At the time this thread was made, we weren't sure what it would be.

I was just asking because I was not sure if there was one action figure AND a statue of this character, or just an action figure, etc...:wink1:

Back