Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anything to suggest Hot Toys is re-doing this sculpt? I remember the 1st TDK Joker was crap and subsequent releases perfected the look. I'm hoping for the same here, with this on the way to being DC's biggest, and IMO clearly the best, movie from the DCEU this has got to have a fix or newer release.

Or is all that just wishful thinking and flimflam?

Liking this sculpt a whole lot more. Not a perfect likeness either, but does a much better job capturing his basic look.

FB_IMG_1545942456246.jpg

I really liked the movie but will stick with the JL figure and try to pick up the spear later.

Liking this sculpt a whole lot more. Not a perfect likeness either, but does a much better job capturing his basic look.

View attachment 437724

That's not too bad. Momoa's hair is naturally rather scraggly, so this might be the one male action figure where doll hair actually looks better than molded. Although I expect one person here to disagree vehemently. :lol

jmomoa.jpg

I believe the problem is not being carved hair, although this will limit the movement of the head, but the way it was done. HT has a very strange volume and format, the one of Prime 1 I think it has a better volume.
8qQC6Ym.png

View attachment 437724

Nice improvement over the HT. The eyes and brow look to be more accurate and the beard is shaped better. I like the water beading on the face, but the large globs in the hair are a little too much. Will have to see if these are offered for sale.

The prime is a god damn hat of plastic noodles. Thier hairwork is always so awful.

:lol Prime is poorly sculpted, but I think in terms of volume it looks better. It seems that HT tried to refer dry hair, but the result is a bit strange (IMO). I edited an image, diminishing hair and beard, I think it would look better.

swbd41q.png

Seeing this figure I could imagine how Hot Toys Liam Neeson/Qui-Gon Jinn going to turn out especially that long sculpted hair.

Back