Hot Toys - Aquaman - Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I'd love to see someone make a live action movie based on either Arkham Asylum or Arkham City. I really think those games are possibly the best representation of Batman outside of the comics....

The tone would be spot on I agree. A film doesn't have to be exactly like the comics and it is unrealistic to expect it to be, for so many reasons. Now they've scuppered any chances of there being a cohesive shared universe like the MCU, I'd love to see an arkham film.

For all the hate that batfleck got, he was a badass batman, no one else was really scary but keaton came close. I really like that side of him being portrayed

The tone would be spot on I agree. A film doesn't have to be exactly like the comics and it is unrealistic to expect it to be, for so many reasons. Now they've scuppered any chances of there being a cohesive shared universe like the MCU, I'd love to see an arkham film.

For all the hate that batfleck got, he was a badass batman, no one else was really scary but keaton came close. I really like that side of him being portrayed

Batfleck was awesome in BvS but was completely neutered in JL.

I don't see why they can't make movies closer to the comic interpretations of the characters. Batman in particular, there should be much more focus on his detective side rather than just making huge scale action movies. The world ending apocalypse scenarios are getting tedious...at least to me.

Everything Matt Reeves has said about wanting to do a noir style detective drama fills me with optimism but that movie is soo slow getting off the ground. I'd love to see Affleck continue in the role. It shouldn't even require a massive budget to deliver a Batman movie high on mystery and intrigue.

The Aquaman movie appears to be true to the comic origins, at least from a visual point of view. I'd prefer each movie and character to have the tone that suits them in a loosely connected universe than trying to copy what Marvel have done.

I don't see why they can't make movies closer to the comic interpretations of the characters. Batman in particular, there should be much more focus on his detective side rather than just making huge scale action movies. The world ending apocalypse scenarios are getting tedious...at least to me.

Everything Matt Reeves has said about wanting to do a noir style detective drama fills me with optimism but that movie is soo slow getting off the ground. I'd love to see Affleck continue in the role. It shouldn't even require a massive budget to deliver a Batman movie high on mystery and intrigue.

The Aquaman movie appears to be true to the comic origins, at least from a visual point of view. I'd prefer each movie and character to have the tone that suits them in a loosely connected universe than trying to copy what Marvel have done.

Yep there is so much source material to draw from and I was very excited to see the batman film but I don't know whats happening with that now.

I enjoyed the bit near the start of JL when he's doing his thing on the rooftops of Gotham. Tbh I'd love to see the dark knight returns on the big screen but it'll never happen as people won't find it exciting enough

Yep there is so much source material to draw from and I was very excited to see the batman film but I don't know whats happening with that now.

I enjoyed the bit near the start of JL when he's doing his thing on the rooftops of Gotham. Tbh I'd love to see the dark knight returns on the big screen but it'll never happen as people won't find it exciting enough

I dunno, I'd like to think they would find it exciting enough. I thought the animated version was very good.

Regarding this figure I wonder what the chances are of it going up for pre-order before the movie releases. Having seen Sideshow's beautiful PF Hot Toys really need to up their game from the first prototype they showed at SDCC.

I'd like to get this figure but only if we get Mera and Black Manta to, otherwise I'll stick with the JL version.

With the film releasing in about a month (already got tickets) shouldn't we have more info for a figure, maybe even a pre-order? The trailers have looked fantastic and I'm all-in if Hot Toys confirms this release.

With the film releasing in about a month (already got tickets) shouldn't we have more info for a figure, maybe even a pre-order? The trailers have looked fantastic and I'm all-in if Hot Toys confirms this release.

Hot Toys has been SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW with the DC stuff lately. JL Aquaman hasn't even been released a year after the film opened (along with the rest of the league). I'm not about to put in another preorder on a DC Hot Toys figure that I might not see for more than a year.

Hot Toys may be waiting to see the actual reception to Aquaman before going all in. The lack of progress on Justice League was the fact that the film itself flopped at the box office. I always thought part of the reason for the slowness (especially in comparison to the MCU) was the beating the DC movies have taken the last few years (sans Wonder Woman, obviously).

Hot Toys may be waiting to see the actual reception to Aquaman before going all in. I assumed at least part of the reason for the lack of progress on Justice League was the fact that the film itself flopped at the box office. I always thought part of the reason for the slowness (especially in comparison to the MCU) was the beating the DC movies have taken the last few years (sans Wonder Woman, obviously).

Exactly. If the movie flops we could forget about getting any figure from it.

Thankfully it sounds like the buzz is good. I'm hoping it's a hit so that HT is eventually convinced to do Black Manta and Mera as well.

Thankfully it sounds like the buzz is good. I'm hoping it's a hit so that HT is eventually convinced to do Black Manta and Mera as well.

First the movie needs to do well then the first figure released has to do well before we get a second. If a first and second figure sells well then the chances of getting a third figure is great.

First the movie needs to do well then the first figure released has to do well before we get a second. If a first and second figure sells well then the chances of getting a third figure is great.

Sounds about right, though I don't know about a third figure. The film should do decent box office. Other than Bumblebee there doesn't seem to be anything coming out over Xmas that should give it much competition. But pre-orders of Aquaman could hinge on the sculpt & whether or not they tweak the outfit & body we saw over the summer. If the sculpt isn't updated from the JL version I could see a lot of people passing or waiting until they see in-hand pictures. Hot Toys may be better off releasing Mera first. :lol

Box office doesn't mean anything if haters are more loud. Suicide Squad did good, yet it's taken as a bad movie and liking it it's not a popular opinion to have. So if Aquaman meets the same fate, i would not expect any figures.

Box office doesn't mean anything if haters are more loud. Suicide Squad did good, yet it's taken as a bad movie and liking it it's not a popular opinion to have. So if Aquaman meets the same fate, i would not expect any figures.

Yeah but hot toys made a bunch of figures from that SS movie.

Seeing how hard it is for those poor souls waiting for the Spiderman Homecoming Vulture to be released I'm not even gonna get excited about the prospect of getting Black Manta

Even though he look so ****ing dope next to the Arkham Origins Deathstroke I have on PO as well as my Red Hood, Arkham Knight figure.

cde3f070046aa490d44ce649501d86b6.jpg

Poster up in shanhai and hot toys not even a glince of the figure ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing how hard it is for those poor souls waiting for the Spiderman Homecoming Vulture to be released I'm not even gonna get excited about the prospect of getting Black Manta

Even though he look so ****ing dope next to the Arkham Origins Deathstroke I have on PO as well as my Red Hood, Arkham Knight figure.

I'm curious as to how Black Manta fits into the story, as it has been marketed (primarily) as a battle for the leadership of Atlantis between Arthur & Orm. I confess to knowing nothing about Black Manta from the comics. Is he a human out for revenge vs. Atlanteans or something? Regardless, it likely will come down to whether or not his character resonates with audiences. He looks cool, but that alone won't be enough - see Yellowjacket.

Because of hype.

There was hype for Justice League going into it or else Hot Toys wouldn't have even started teasing the figures. It was less so after BVS obviously, but if the movie had been a hit I'm sure there'd have been more demand and more interest in following through from HT.

Back