Hot Toys Announce "The Expendables 2" License!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badass classic action guys in tac gear with tats, guns and knives, what's not to like?

Ummm... THE ACTUAL MOVIE?
The first one was nice but not even close to be called "AWESOME" so no love for it.
Mb "EXPS2" will change something but I'm not the believer :lol

Why does it have to be R to be awesome? Do we have to see a guys intestines spill out split by a shotgun to be awesome? Do people have to say ____ every other word for it to be awesome? The sorts of things that would make the difference between R and PG-13 in a movie like this are just seeing extra detail to kills and language, a little less blood and cleaner language won't wake the movie suck. :banghead

Blood and guts are cool. 80s movies were pretty bloody and ultra violent and this series is supposed to be a homage to that. That's what I want. Also, Chuck Norris sucks in my opinion.

I'm not sure that I buy the fact that Chuck has enough pull to determine the rating (he was talking out of his butt). I think the producers just saw $$$, thinking that a pg-13 will have a higher gross. The people that they are trying to cater to hardly know who these actors are. With the pg-13 rating, they are alienating those of us older fellas that want an over the top, hard R, 80's splosion fest.

Yep :cuckoo: but it might just backfire on them. Alot of people still wont take their kids or let their kids go see this kind of movie despite if its pg 13 or not. That plus they lose the hardcore fans who loved the first one and are expecting more from this one, and decide not to see it once they find out how watered down it is. I hope it still turns out good but It went from the top of the must see list down to ehhhh... Ill see it when I see it.

Why does it have to be R to be awesome? Do we have to see a guys intestines spill out split by a shotgun to be awesome? Do people have to say ____ every other word for it to be awesome? The sorts of things that would make the difference between R and PG-13 in a movie like this are just seeing extra detail to kills and language, a little less blood and cleaner language won't wake the movie suck. :banghead

Not the point. The point is they had a certain way they were planning on doing the movie and had to change it around in order to receive the pg13 rating. They should have just went all out and done the movie like they intended.And in my opinion, yes if a dude is getting shot point blank range with aa12 I dont want to just see him fly back and hit the wall. I want to see his chest blow open and splatter everywhere like it would...

Last edited:
they want more money, so obviously the smart thing to do is alienate your key audience :slap
Sad but true - PG is the "money maker".
Tho may not mean anything if "EXPS 2" going to be a good movie.
Also they can easily release "bloody ____" R version on DVD/BD :lol

Its not like the Expendables made that much use of the R rating anyway. A PG no.2 won't be that different.

Don't expect much from this license.If we get more than Stallone i hope for Lundgren and id be more than happy.

Don't expect much from this license.If we get more than Stallone i hope for Lundgren and id be more than happy.

To be honest it's an odd announcement. The first movie gave use one Stallone figure (a damn nice looking figure I might add) so i'd assume we'll obviously get Stallone again? Maybe one other character? Unless they plan on doing 3-4 characters they didn't even need to make this announcement imo. If its just another Stallone then release it whenever convenient to your schedule.

I hope HT sort out the handgun-to-hand proportions. Most HT male figures look awkward holding a handgun including Barney Ross. The guns are too small or the hands are too big.

Lundgren? I'm really not sure about this... Statham, Stallone, Lee - they are would be something like a bestsellers on the market. But Lundgren... HT even didn't make him with the first license.
Lundgren is a great actor but how many of us want to see him as an action figure? :dunno

Lundgren? I'm really not sure about this... Statham, Stallone, Lee - they are would be something like a bestsellers on the market. But Lundgren... HT even didn't make him with the first license.
Lundgren is a great actor but how many of us want to see him as an action figure? :dunno

Ludgren is above all those you mentioned to me, Li is okay, statham too but Lundgren is classic! He was the only one other than sly that was a classic action movie heyday actor

Its been used a lot the past couple of days but:

GIFConfusedJesusBale.gif

Lundgren's appeal is hes a giant kickboxing muscleman, always has been - nothing to do with his acting. Ergo hes just as much a viable candidate for an action figure as the others if not moreso because of his size.

The reason i want to see a Lundgren is because i like the guy,not necessarily his Gunnar character.
No point asking for it though,we know Arnold,Li,Willis,Van Damme will be considered before him.
And if HT once again wants to stalk EB,they might very well make a Van Damme,who knows.

Back