Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be a battle damaged '89 Batman....
I know he sustains some damage from the Batwing crash but it seems sort of unnecessary to make a figure out of. Although I guess it would probably be a quick cash in for Hot Toys if they did it.

"Some"?

He looks like hell after that crash. I always liked the description in the script, "like a knight from hell, Batman emerges from the flaming wreckage". Out of all the 7 Batman films, I don't think we've ever seen him that ****ed up. The Begins suit from TDK with the garage paint marks and dog bites is pretty close.

I think I would buy one if it was "damaged" enough. That bloody, hot dog eating faceplate that comes with the DX 09 doesn't cut it imo. He had actual Batwing shrapnel in his face! Not to mention the burned/singed signal and cuts/tears through the suit. It'd also be the perfect time to get a legit scowl faceplate. As far as accessories go, there is the bolo (ties around Joker's leg) and hook (Cathedral fall) grapnel attachments that Hot Toys left out on the regular version.

It's not a necessity, but I'd definitely be tempted if they did it right.

I know that would piss off the folks that are waiting for the Returns armor version big time though. :lol

Well I just don't know if it's different enough that it would warrant another release. I'd actually consider it though depending on price if it were made. I'm sure it would piss off fans who want Batman Returns but I think a lot of them are Burton Batman fans in general so it'd probably still sell. :lol

I'd buy a BD Bats in a heartbeat but if they really wanted to follow a consistent pairing of figures they could do a trencher version Wayne to go along with the mime Joker scene.

Will they do it? Nope. But a guy can dream. :lol

I'd buy a BD Bats in a heartbeat but if they really wanted to follow a consistent pairing of figures they could do a trencher version Wayne to go along with the mime Joker scene.

Will they do it? Nope. But a guy can dream. :lol
I'd buy that to be honest. Planning to get the Mime Joker and that would be perfect to go with it.

I'd probably never buy a casual Bruce Wayne.

If I'm going to have a Keaton or Bale Bruce Wayne portrait, I prefer it on a Batman suit body like the end of Batman Returns with the reveal, or the Hong Kong jump in Dark Knight. That's one of the reasons I'm excited to see a Returns Batman, assuming Hot Toys listens to the community that have been *****ing for a Keaton headsculpt since DX 09 was announced.

The only way I'd break that rule is if they made something along the lines of a "Batcave Bruce" like their Mechanic and Iron Man III Tony Stark. That whole black turtle neck and blue jeans look that Bruce had in his last appearance as Bruce Wayne before the suit up. If Hot Toys made that along with a suit/armory vault (like the IM hall of armors), I'd snatch that right up.

I can see why the DX09 didn't have a Keaton sculpt though. There's not a scene in Batman where he's in the suit with the cowl off so unless they made a Wayne it wouldn't make sense.

Yup, I agree.

He never had it off. In that film, Wayne and Batman are like two different entities in the way they're presented.

The Returns suit wasn't jet black was it? or was it just the lighting? between that lovely really smooth cowl and charcoal grey, or at least it looked that way until, MY BABIES! that was the only moment it looked jet black.

Mmm.

batman-returns-original.jpg

I'd probably never buy a casual Bruce Wayne.

I've thought about it numerous times with that Bale sculpt, once I was even close to getting a suit, but I just couldn't do it. I don't think I care about having a figure in a suit, besides he looks cooler in the Batsuit.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

"Some"?

He looks like hell after that crash. I always liked the description in the script, "like a knight from hell, Batman emerges from the flaming wreckage". Out of all the 7 Batman films, I don't think we've ever seen him that ****ed up. The Begins suit from TDK with the garage paint marks and dog bites is pretty close.

I think I would buy one if it was "damaged" enough. That bloody, hot dog eating faceplate that comes with the DX 09 doesn't cut it imo. He had actual Batwing shrapnel in his face! Not to mention the burned/singed signal and cuts/tears through the suit. It'd also be the perfect time to get a legit scowl faceplate. As far as accessories go, there is the bolo (ties around Joker's leg) and hook (Cathedral fall) grapnel attachments that Hot Toys left out on the regular version.

It's not a necessity, but I'd definitely be tempted if they did it right.

I know that would piss off the folks that are waiting for the Returns armor version big time though. :lol

He just got dusty and got a busted lip, other than that the suit was in great condition after the crash. :lol
245iywo.png

before crash (lol)
344rqps.png

after crash
11ika6d.png

hot toys, please don't make another DX just for this :(

Last edited:
The punching to the head was so brutal in the Cathedral compared to the Bane fight. It looked at times like Keaton or whoever the stunt double was holding their breath momentarily, or short of it.

The punching to the head was so brutal in the Cathedral compared to the Bane fight. It looked at times like Keaton or whoever the stunt double was holding their breath momentarily, or short of it.

That's subjective

but next scenes prove which was more "brutal".

Back