Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't think this line is the priority that some people want it to be. .

Why would Robocop be priority? Or the 60’s Batman? Or BD T-1? Or Elder Predator? Or even now Nolan Batman? Non of these are priority but are worked in. HT announced Returns license with a expectation date (Q4 2012). For us fans of the movie the waiting game started then. Priority or not….there was expectation created. A start and end date. Basically HT put a carrot in front of us for three years. That’s patients on our part. Now Ht’s is saying **** this is getting boring…and put the carrot back in their pocket and walked away. Not to all HT fans but those who were anticipating these figures…that’s pretty cold!

I can see Priority being upcoming block busters of the time (i.e. Gi Joe, Iron Man, Avengers, Lone Ranger, Superman etc.) HT is obligated to produce to make money to keep there business going and to provide nostalgic characters for us old guys. Funny thing is look at SideShow Sale right now…….what figures are reduced? The blockbusters!

I can see Priority being upcoming block busters of the time (i.e. Gi Joe, Iron Man, Avengers, Lone Ranger, Superman etc.) HT is obligated to produce to make money to keep there business going and to provide nostalgic characters for us old guys. Funny thing is look at SideShow Sale right now…….what figures are reduced? The blockbusters!

Yay, more Iron Man that I'm not gonna waste my money on. Just rename the company Iron Man Collectibles allready.

Now with all these ****ing Marvel/Disney movies and Stah Wahs announced, Hot Toys should just announce "no more figures from older movies/lines!".

I'm holding out hope 4 both the cat n penguin i dont understand why they have not even started on them yet! I would Love to see them both as a DX at least for penguin dx.

Now with all these ****ing Marvel/Disney movies and Stah Wahs announced, Hot Toys should just announce "no more figures from older movies/lines!".

Seeing today's announcement of even more comic films just put the nail in the coffin I think. If they haven't managed to get Batman even up for PO after this long... the chances of Catwoman & Penguin are pretty much nil.

Sallah

Yup. I'm glad Reeve Superman, Keaton Batman, the two Nicholson Jokers and the Batmobile came out when they did.

If those things were rumored and announced now, they'd never have seen the light of day. When you think about it, we're approaching 2015. Batman Returns is one of their oldest announced lines and they skirt around it like they don't even care. What were they doing in 2012? Or the past couple of years for that matter.

I wish they'd just come out and say "we're not doing item ____" instead of their typical vague responses.

Good thing Tonto was a priority.

Im with you guys. Make it already or just say no. I'll buy my fair share if they come out, but with this onslaught awful Marvel movies and the laughable thought of WB trying their hand at all those movies, these are not coming out and we might not see a license that didnt come out before 2015 other than Star Wars.

Yup. I'm glad Reeve Superman, Keaton Batman, the two Nicholson Jokers and the Batmobile came out when they did.

If those things were rumored and announced now, they'd never have seen the light of day. When you think about it, we're approaching 2015. Batman Returns is one of their oldest announced lines and they skirt around it like they don't even care. What were they doing in 2012? Or the past couple of years for that matter.

I wish they'd just come out and say "we're not doing item ____" instead of their typical vague responses.

Yeah... as frustrated with them as I am now- I can't deny how happy I am with what I have. Like you said, had these been announced now the chances they would ever actually see the light of day would be slim; Not now that we are drowning in comic book films.

Oh well. I will snag the Returns Batman if it happens, a Kubik Catwoman, and the Asmus Forever villains to round out my Batman movie 1/6th display. Heck... Since Hot Toys seems uninterested, maybe Asmus will go back and do Returns stuff too.

Sallah

Remember this BS? :lol

Q: Fans are also very excited to see the final prototype of DC franchise (Green Lantern & Batman Returns) and Marvel franchise (X-Men First Class & The Amazing Spiderman), any updates on these figures?

A:Batman Returns - Yes, the Batman and Penguin figure will be announced this year around December.

:lol

Oh I forgot about this one too.

HTJ: Goals and aspirations of 2014?

Howard Chan: I think that it becomes very exciting year is 2014. To be announced some looking forward personally, Hollywood masterpieces Batman Returns and BTTF is also ready to deploy.

Back