Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what's going to happen if this thread closes? A bunch of pop-up threads asking "Any news about Hot Toys Batman Returns yet? Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I couldn't find an open thread to ask this in."

there's no reason the thread has to be closed just because there's not an officially announced.

There's no reason to keep it open, either.

You know what's going to happen if this thread closes? A bunch of pop-up threads asking "Any news about Hot Toys Batman Returns yet? Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I couldn't find an open thread to ask this in."

At least those posts would get lost in the noise, rather than bumping this thread and raising my hopes

each

and

every

single

time...

I may have saved SideshowFreaks, but I refuse to save the people who stood by helpless *as a baby*, while SideshowFreaks was ravaged by a disease that turned eagle scouts into crazed clowns and happy homemakers into girly men!

I think it would be pretty obvious in this forum when we do actually get some news on these. I have no problem with keeping it open

There's no reason to keep it open, either.
Meh. The line is announced and the figures are coming eventually I see no reason why there still can't be a general discussion thread about the line. It's dumb that just because certain posters get their panties in a bunch apparently every time this thread is bumped and there's no new news that it should have to be closed. As was mentioned all that will happen is we'll just get random threads cropping up asking what's happening with the line. Besides that people who post here often enough should know when there's actual news as I'm sure when the figures are officially announced there will be individual threads for each character.

The line is announced and the figures are coming eventually I see no reason why there still can't be a general discussion thread about the line.

But there is no line to discuss! How can you have an endless discussion about nothing?

This thread has become the same repeating cycle, over and over again.

First, people bump and ask what happened to the figures?

Then Batfreak takes the opportunity to tell us how much he hates the Nolan movies again.

After that, people snark on how this line still hasn't happened and how Hot Toys price increases over the years mean that these figures will cost $500 by the time they come out, followed shortly by the tired old joke that nobody should buy them anyway because inevitably Hot Toys will already have a better, v2.0 planned.

Then the thread dies out for a few weeks, and the cycle starts all over again.

As was mentioned all that will happen is we'll just get random threads cropping up asking what's happening with the line.

Doubtful. The only reason most people haven't forgotten about this empty promise is because this thread keeps getting bumped.

Besides that people who post here often enough should know when there's actual news as I'm sure when the figures are officially announced there will be individual threads for each character.

I don't think we should only cater to those who "post often enough."

I get what you mean but all I really meant by that comment is let's face it, the majority of people who post in this thread or are seeking out Hot Toys figures to begin with isn't all that large. If they've found the forum they're likely fans or getting into collecting so after a while of being here it's not that hard to figure out how stuff works.

I get what you mean but all I really meant by that comment is let's face it, the majority of people who post in this thread or are seeking out Hot Toys figures to begin with isn't all that large. If they've found the forum they're likely fans or getting into collecting so after a while of being here it's not that hard to figure out how stuff works.

I think there are far more lurkers and drop-ins than you realize.

I think there are far more lurkers and drop-ins than you realize.
But even so, it's not like it's very hard to figure out. Whenever there's an official announcement for something there's generally a thread started with the Hot Toys item number and name of the figure. I'm not saying that we should only cater to members of the board who post but for the average reader it shouldn't be very hard to figure out how things work whether they post or not. All they really have to do is read a bit of the thread to figure out whether something is actually happening or not.

All I know is that the day this gets announced I'll watch the film again with brand new eyes.
Yeah, it's funny actually.. because back in the day, I disliked the film - especially Devito. I just wasn't into it; the toys, fast food promo stuff - none of it.

Years later - love it.

Burton's vision still reigns supreme to me - regardless of what's come, or comes after it.

HT better deliver in the next 10 years.. :tap

But there is no line to discuss! How can you have an endless discussion about nothing?

This thread has become the same repeating cycle, over and over again.

First, people bump and ask what happened to the figures?

Then Batfreak takes the opportunity to tell us how much he hates the Nolan movies again.

After that, people snark on how this line still hasn't happened and how Hot Toys price increases over the years mean that these figures will cost $500 by the time they come out, followed shortly by the tired old joke that nobody should buy them anyway because inevitably Hot Toys will already have a better, v2.0 planned.

Then the thread dies out for a few weeks, and the cycle starts all over again.

Doubtful. The only reason most people haven't forgotten about this empty promise is because this thread keeps getting bumped.

:lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

:rotfl :hi5:

Always loved Burtons batman and fursts and welchs gotham, so wanted to see what hot toys did with the licence, but looks like its gone the way of green lantern an first class, though I remember seeing a prototype Xavier.

would love to see a DeVito and Michelle Pfeiffer catwomen! think this will be a DX series?

They already are DX... Delayed X number of times.

fouad_family-guy_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

I have found new rekindled love for The Dark Knight due to Plasma. Hot damn is that film lovely and deep. It looks just as dark as Batman Returns. It's lovely.

Back