Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NO, his opinion is not "invalid" any more than yours is "invalid" because you love that Nolan crap. Hey, you love it and you are the one who lives in YOUR head, so that is all good.

But, people who do not agree with you don't automatically get less weight attached to their opinions. Doesn't work that way.

I would not exactly call her that, but I will say the Hathaway "Catwoman" was instantly forgettable and brought nothing to the role, except perhaps a cool outfit. Personality-wise she did not capture my imagination.

I agree with that. She just existed in the film, and you have no emotional connection or care for her character whatsoever.

says the troll whos got Hathaway plastered all over your sig. seriously, your bias towards anything not Nolan is immature and ridiculous. batman forever is a great batman movie and just cuz you have jumped on the Nolan bandwagon doesn't make your opinion any more valid then mine.

You throw the word troll around but I don't think you know what that word means. I'm not going to bring signatures into this debate at all, the fact that yours is you dressed up as Batman is fine. Anything Schumacher touches or has touched is pretty much garbage - including the Batman movies. Unless you're twelve years old (which I suppose is possible), it's pretty much widely known that he almost singlehandedly ruined the 90s Batman movie franchise.

Invalid opinion or not, I can't take you seriously.

Last edited:
says the troll whos got Hathaway plastered all over your sig. seriously, your bias towards anything not Nolan is immature and ridiculous. batman forever is a great batman movie and just cuz you have jumped on the Nolan bandwagon doesn't make your opinion any more valid then mine.

I hate the Nolan movies and I don't think forever is as bad as people like to act like it is,but even I think calling it "great" is a little much.:lol

Must people always need to resort to trashing another interpretation when they're trying to defend their own favorites? The Burton films had their fair share of issues, as well, and so, too, did the Schumacher films; god, did the Schumacher films ever have their fair share of issues, so, it's funny to me when people take the opportunity, whenever it presents itself, to try to completely trash Nolan's films. None of it's perfect, but, just because it's not your preferred interpretation, as Ramatuelle said, that doesn't make it any less valid. I think it goes without saying that all parties involved can learn from this.

Anyone who thinks a movie with Jim Carrey's thrusting is better than a Nolan film is wrong. Like, not even a debate.

And I despise TDKR, so I'm not a Nolan fanboy. But still.

It must suck to be narrow minded and only like 1 version of something. Just like the people who love the Chris Reeve superman movies. So they feel the need to bash the New one. I perfer both versions of the Batman films and the same for the superman films.

Like I said, I love all interpretations, I enjoy the Reeve films, and I enjoy Smallville, and I enjoy Man of Steel; it's really all about the character, at the end of the day.

I love the opening titles, the visual of the huge sewer with the bats flying towards cam as Batman Returns comes on screen is just beautiful.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPDuCK8zWQo[/ame]

Take Batman: The Brave and the Bold, for instance. Some people would probably look down their noses and say it was "kiddie trash" because it was heavily steeped in the silver age. However, it's a great show that adds some really awesome stuff to the mythos (like the fact that Batman's parents took him to see Zorro after they felt bad about not getting him a "swashbuckler" action figure for Christmas, which caused him to get all pissy; that's right, Batman was a **** to his parents on the day they were killed, which happened to be on Christmas).

Anyone who thinks a movie with Jim Carrey's thrusting is better than a Nolan film is wrong. Like, not even a debate.

Well, I certainly remembered Carrey's performance, which is more than I can say for just about everyone in the Nolan films with the exception of Ledger Joker.

You can love these non-Nolan films, or you can hate them. But remember them, you do that regardless. I am not a Carrey fan, but he did give us a memorable Riddler. Perhaps he did get into the role a bit much, but hey.

Well, I certainly remembered Carrey's performance, which is more than I can say for just about everyone in the Nolan films with the exception of Ledger Joker.

You can love these non-Nolan films, or you can hate them. But remember them, you do that regardless. I am not a Carrey fan, but he did give us a memorable Riddler. Perhaps he did get into the role a bit much, but hey.

Cant say that I agree.... Bane was one of the least-impressive villains I have seen in a while, him and his "A Christmas Carol" voice.

I'd say you remembered more than just The Joker.:lecture:lol

Are you saying you completely forgot the performances of Oldman, Neeson, Hardy, Eckhart, etc?

firstly, jim carrey is one of the best comedians from the 90's, and did you forget how popular this guy was? classic comedy actor. if all you can remember is his "thrusting", well that says something about you (gay?) or just lacking any sense of humor whatsoever. his riddler was awesome, funny, badass and I loved that all green comic book suit with the questions marks, i always loved that gold cane and this hideout on claw island was boss. don't bash the carrey. those who prefer something in comic book films called "ENTERTAINMENT VALUE" will pride Batman Forever over the boring-as-hell Nolan efforts.

no, you are defiantly a Nolan fanboy. I don't get why nerds talk down about Rises but at least it had some entertainment value compared to the other 2 borefests. doesn't mean ill watch it again because like the other 2 movies, they bore me to death. ill even watch B&R for laughs cuz at least that was funny. Nolan movies had nothing at all. seriously, name one "exciting" action scene that wasnt lame as hell in the whole movies.

Last edited:
firstly, jim carrey is one of the best comedians from the 90's, and did you forget how popular this guy was? classic comedy actor. if all you can remember is his "thrusting", well that says something about you (gay?)

Whoa whoa whoa. Stopped reading right there. You called me out as immature a couple pages back - and I can take it - but now you're getting defensive about your precious Batman Forever and starting to enter into the realm of being hurtful to others.

anyway...

its actually funny that people seem so split on Forever. it used to be Returns, now I notice Forever gets more hate. seems to go back and forth on here. The movie did way better box office wise then Returns by leaps and bounds and was a major success that year, I believe it was the highest grossing movie that year. Popular film all around. Soooo....fast forward 15 years or so, and for some reason the "nerds" tend to bad mouth. perhaps not to the extent of B&R, but it still gets a lot of talk down. that's bullsh**. the movie was great, entertaining and I personally liked the lightness of it. it was well balanced, not too light, not too dark. wasn't as dark as burtons but it was fun and in general I really enjoyed it, and still do. nowhere does it say that batman movies have to always be ultra sadistic, dark and disturbing. this was a middle of the road batman movie and some terrific performances. doesn't deserve nearly the hate.

what im hopeing they do with the next series is go back to what they did with the first 3 movies, and make batman a tentpole movie again. the Nolan movies weren't exactly a typical blockbuster that kids could watch. they weren't huge larger then life action adventure movies, they were more for adults. the nextx series should be more of the general audience gigantic budget fun comic book movies not trying to be more then what they are.

Back