Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calm down ladies.
tumblr_lu9q0jyYxL1qbxi45o1_500.gif

:lol

So...
How about them HT batman returns figures?

Well, kept wanting a really good Catwoman figure, but never could find what I wanted. Then it hit me that what I wanted was the Returns Catwoman.... so yeah, still waiting.

I have a hard time believing that these figures would not sell better than those stupid Lone Ranger figures, but I don't run HT.... so oh well.

Well, kept wanting a really good Catwoman figure, but never could find what I wanted. Then it hit me that what I wanted was the Returns Catwoman.... so yeah, still waiting.

I have a hard time believing that these figures would not sell better than those stupid Lone Ranger figures, but I don't run HT.... so oh well.

The more time that goes by, the more baffling it is that we have not heard even a peep about this line. I think HT and Disney expected The Lone Ranger to be a bigger hit, and now HT is probably kicking themselves for it.

I have a feeling a Returns HT Catwoman would (will?) be incredible though.

I was really surprised when I saw that a lot of people hated Returns. I was about 10 or 11 when it came out and I'd never been so excited for a movie before. I was heart broken when I couldn't see it at the cinema and the wait for the VHS release seemed like an eternity. When I finally saw it I was blown away and loved every second of it and it was my favourite batman movie for years. Maybe I was just too young to notice the things others hated about it, I just found every scene to be totally engrossing.

Years later I do love the Nolan films, for totally different reasons. Batman has all different aspects and we've had the overly gothic side from Burton (which I love) and now the gritty crime drama side from Nolan (which I love equally) and even the more family film comic books side in Batman Forever (which I don't mind from time to time, maybe just for nostalgia's sake). And now I'm really looking forward to the next incarnation and really hoping we get a good blend of the best elements.

firstly, jim carrey is one of the best comedians from the 90's, and did you forget how popular this guy was? classic comedy actor. if all you can remember is his "thrusting", well that says something about you (gay?) or just lacking any sense of humor whatsoever. his riddler was awesome, funny, badass and I loved that all green comic book suit with the questions marks, i always loved that gold cane and this hideout on claw island was boss. don't bash the carrey. those who prefer something in comic book films called "ENTERTAINMENT VALUE" will pride Batman Forever over the boring-as-hell Nolan efforts.

no, you are defiantly a Nolan fanboy. I don't get why nerds talk down about Rises but at least it had some entertainment value compared to the other 2 borefests. doesn't mean ill watch it again because like the other 2 movies, they bore me to death. ill even watch B&R for laughs cuz at least that was funny. Nolan movies had nothing at all. seriously, name one "exciting" action scene that wasnt lame as hell in the whole movies.

Whoa whoa whoa. Stopped reading right there. You called me out as immature a couple pages back - and I can take it - but now you're getting defensive about your precious Batman Forever and starting to enter into the realm of being hurtful to others.

hey you and your little partner in crime go suck each other off somewhere else.

is there an ignore button somewhere for these guys? srsly.

[ame]https://youtu.be/FONN-0uoTHI[/ame]

anyway...

its actually funny that people seem so split on Forever. it used to be Returns, now I notice Forever gets more hate. seems to go back and forth on here. The movie did way better box office wise then Returns by leaps and bounds and was a major success that year, I believe it was the highest grossing movie that year. Popular film all around. Soooo....fast forward 15 years or so, and for some reason the "nerds" tend to bad mouth. perhaps not to the extent of B&R, but it still gets a lot of talk down. that's bullsh**. the movie was great, entertaining and I personally liked the lightness of it. it was well balanced, not too light, not too dark. wasn't as dark as burtons but it was fun and in general I really enjoyed it, and still do. nowhere does it say that batman movies have to always be ultra sadistic, dark and disturbing. this was a middle of the road batman movie and some terrific performances. doesn't deserve nearly the hate.
Batman Forever is actually pretty underrated in my opinion. It has it's share of problems don't get me wrong but the film is a great glimpse into the mind of Bruce/Batman for once which is something we hadn't seen before Batman Forever and didn't happen again until the Nolan films. I think the film had goofy stuff and I didn't care for the overuse of neon and it had it's share of campy moments. Also didn't care for Carrey's Riddler at times and really disliked what they did to Two Face. I think a lot of the film's issues could have been resolved with some tweaks.

I saw one argument that I thought was interesting that said Forever is bad because it was a B-movie trying to be an A-movie. It said at least B&R knew it was a B-movie and didn't try to be anything else.

Can't believe someone was trying to argue that Batman Forever is better/more entertaining then the Nolan films. Wow just ..... wow. I know I'm pretty new to these forums. But seeing an argument like that is just mind boggling. Not used to it yet. Lol

I saw one argument that I thought was interesting that said Forever is bad because it was a B-movie trying to be an A-movie. It said at least B&R knew it was a B-movie and didn't try to be anything else.

What's really funny about that argument is that people used the term "B-movie" erroneously. I guess some people attach the term to movies that have bad stories, while B-movies are generally defined as "low budget". With budgets more than $100M for production in the 90's thanks to having some of the then-higher paid actors in the movie, both BF and B&R might have been bad compared to other Bat-movies, but B-movies they are not.

This is what happens when Hot Toys doesn't show the Batman Returns line, everyone loses their ****. :lol

No need to be alarmed, this will be out by 2025 with the Prometheus, ASM, Arkham City, and XFC lines.:dunno

No need to be alarmed, this will be out by 2025 with the Prometheus, ASM, Arkham City, and XFC lines.:dunno

Yup. They are still tied up with the Iron Man line. Once the new Avengers movie comes out I'm sure those figures will be released within the same week.

It's nice to see Returns getting so much love. A lot of good posts in here. :cool:

Hot toys finally revealed him. The likeness is awesome once again.

lyo4.jpg

I have that.

This is why I loved Tim Burton's Batman films. It's interested how he was able to make 2 different Batman films but still feel they are somewhat connected because of the same cast and the nod to Vicki Vale of the first movie.
Even though Batman Returns felt much more like a Tim Burton movie than a sequel to Batman , I think it's still stayed true to a Batman movie while Christoper Nolan made The Dark Knight a Nolan movie but slowly strips away the Batman elements during the 2nd half of the movie.

:exactly:

There is also a nod to Catwoman in Forever.

And then Forever is tied to B&R buy Robin.

Some might disagree, but I see Buton's and Schumacher's Batman movies as being a 4 film series. It's one continuity in one universe.

That said, each has their own distinct feel.

The above poster is:

...closed minded...

:lecture

Last edited:
Back