Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mandarin looks great. Mansion raid Tony, though, is meh to me. Mainly because I thought it was ****ing stupid that he was playing McGyver when the "obnoxious" amount of suits were just sitting in his basement. Factor in that it's pretty much just the "improved" Stark head that we saw earlier this year with some blood, and they pretty much used up any "wow" factor 6 months ago.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

:1-1:

Hopefully, this is the tail-end of the IM3 glut and Hot Toys can move on to important stuff like Batman Returns soon. :wink1:

Sallah

Never a Hamm Batman though.

shazzad_shibli123_1310530466_4-funny-crying-baby-snot-bubble.jpg

Well, my argument was never about 1/6, you brought that to the table.

I don't care about the group of fans that can't afford to have stuff from multiple lines (though the thought that they'd be able to afford $220-$300 action figures instead is even more ludicrous).

I'm just saying, as a whole, Arkham has a bunch of stuff for collectors (generally, not getting into specifics) and Returns has almost none.

Same deal with the Adam West 60s merchandise. That's actually refreshing. For roughly 50 years there wasn't anything good out there to really collect. Now thanks to a few figures here and there from Hot Toys, NECA and Mattel, collectors can finally own a piece of what they love.

Arkham? It hasn't been 25 years, it hasn't been 50 years, and it already feels like the market has been saturated with a lot of great stuff. Figures of all sizes, statues, busts, replicas, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Origins, etc. etc. There's plenty to choose from.

I don't care if someone doesn't have enough money to only collect expensive 1/6 figures toys, they still have plenty to choose from.

All I gots iz dis,

UltimateBatman.jpg

211.jpg

And something from Applause that's cool, but basically the equivalence of a shampoo bottle statue,

il_570xN.391850393_kcg0.jpg

To date, there hasn't even been an official Danny Devito Batman Returns Penguin action figure.

The three 1/6 Horizon vinyl kits were the best from BR- actually looked like them...but they are model kits

**** Arkham.

GIVE US RETURNS INSTEAD, PRECIOUS.

**** projectile mouth ****ting fat man and crazy leather daddy cat lady. Arkham's where it's at. We've already got one Keaton Batman, I'd much rather they give Arkham its shot, first.

And **** Lando Calrissian!

Not interested in a Burton Harvey Dent custom?

SnakeDoc

Nah I just had this in mind:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4AmSVb6Hew[/ame]

Yeah, I'm not into the Arkham stuff. I'm curious to see how they come out but that's it. We need Returns first. Besides, I'm not crazy about Batman's design. He looks kinda cool and kinda goofy. I never liked overly long ears for the cowl and the gauntlets are absolutely ridiculous looking. I hate them and really detract from the overall design for me. All the rogues are pretty flawless though.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

They're more like Predator gauntlets. :lol

Last edited:
Just make sure HT give us ANY batman. Strange, Anything Lego Batman, sells, but why doesn't HT plunge into the batman world and make suits. Hell even if they throw in the BATS Batsuit would be great, not to even mention tapping the comic book. Arkham on the hand was like meh, good game, story line, but I don't think it's necessary at all, even if they do though it would be great if they DID release Mr. Freeze.

Either way I am preparing for the worst and think we will never see any Batman Returns figures at all **

I'm hoping hot toys keeps their word and makes all 3 characters in 1:4 batman ,penguin and catwoman. ( judging from the announcement poster that said coming soon 1/6 and 1/4 batman returns)

I wouldn't bet on it. It just means they have acquired both 1:6 and 1:4 licenses just so the competitors can't get the same license. Same goes for The Avengers.

I can see a 1:4 Batman or even a 1:4 Catwoman. I don't think there's much demand for Penguin though. I think Hot Toys so far only released an 1:4 Endoskeleton and that's pretty much it. There's still no sign of the Trilogy Dark Knight 1:4.

So, what's the latest news on the batman returns license? Is hot toys still going through with it?

The title of this thread should be changed to..

BATMAN HIBERNATES. :lecture
Lmao! :lol

Picked up Batman Returns on bluray steel book this week for $9.99. I have a love/hate relationship with Returns. On the one hand it's very entertaining in its own right - but on the other hand it doesn't even feel like it belongs in the same universe as the first film. Tim when Full Burton on the second film (never go full Burton); it's like he rebooted his own film. The art direction, the music, the scenery, it's like the film takes place in a bizarro alternate reality Gotham from that established in the first film. I'd have preferred a far more dialed-in Burton; it's Batman, not Edward Scissorhands.

Also, the film always loses me when the penguins march into a completely abandoned Gotham square with fireworks strapped to their backs and are supposedly about to kill 100,000 people. Uh-huh.

That they'll unveil them December 2012.

Ugh, I'm not going to hold my breath. I think the thread title should be batman returns? Never. Hot Toys has to take it easy, I think the delay is a result of them having too many projects going on. So much that they just can't give the license the time of day,

Last edited:
Back