Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you serious, or just ****ing with me? I thought you liked the Arkham designs. Hell, you're the one who sent me the first gameplay video for Arkham City.:lol

I like it, sure.

But HOT TOYS ARKHAM TOYS? They can wait. Plenty of toys and collectibles out there already with more on the way. That new 1:1 grapple gun especially is really cool.

Agree with you there, $35 for a functional prop replicas pretty damn good. Still, though, what do other Collectibles have to do with anything? At the end of the day, I collect 1/6th scale, and, with the 1/4 scale Batman, maybe 1% 1/4 scale. Those Collectibles should have no bearing on this.

The star of the show is, and always will be, Batman, and, since we already got a Keaton Batman, I think it's only fair that the Arkham version comes before another Keaton.

The thing with the Batman Returns line is they can pretty much release it whenever and it'll sell. Batman is one of those characters who is universally loved enough that it doesn't really matter too much when it releases as fans will eat up the figures either way. I'm guessing other stuff like The Lone Ranger and Man of Steel figures are just being shown right now to coincide with the hype for the films.

Exactaly.The same applies to Star Wars. Those franchises will always be hot,but they really need to hurry up with those " put on hold". 2014 and 2015 are going to be super busy years for Hot Toys.Especially in 2015, we will have Star Wars,Avengers 2,Superman/Batman and a new Terminator. And possibly Assassins Creed,Prometheus 2,Avatar 2,Pirates of the Caribbean 5, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four

Agree with you there, $35 for a functional prop replicas pretty damn good. Still, though, what do other Collectibles have to do with anything? At the end of the day, I collect 1/6th scale, and, with the 1/4 scale Batman, maybe 1% 1/4 scale. Those Collectibles should have no bearing on this.

The star of the show is, and always will be, Batman, and, since we already got a Keaton Batman, I think it's only fair that the Arkham version comes before another Keaton.

Returns before videogame.

I'm looking at it from a collectibles perspective in general, not specific sizes.

Arkham has plenty of dedicated action figure lines from a wide variety of scales whereas Batman Returns doesn't have diddly squat (other than charming 90s figures with more than half of the characters not being very representative of the film).

As far as action figures go, there's probably what, about 20-30 something modern Arkham Batman figures? Possibly more with Origins on the way?

- Mattel and all their variants
- DCD and all their variants
- Asian toy company #1
- Anime toys #2

Keaton Batman has,

- One modern Hot Toys figure (one modern ANYTHING figure)
- Kenner Batman

Unless we want to count this abomination,

batman_m2.jpg

Point is, there ain't that much out there that's representative of Batman Returns outside customs in ANY scale. Arkham City is basically set for life.

Hot Toys Batman Returns > Hot Toys Arkham

As I said, though, how does that apply to the group of fans that can't afford to have stuff from multiple scales/huge lines/want to have consistency in their collections? There are no 1/6th scale Arkham figures, there are 1/6th scale Keaton figures. I think, at the end of the day, it's just a difference in perspectives that's causing this disagreement.

Arkham (all three of them) has a million action figure lines between them. Multiple toy companies have been producing a great selection of characters and scales. NECA is jumping in on it too and will soon unveil a quarter scale Batman.

arkhamoriginsmattelmain.jpg

Ridiculously-awesome-Batman-Arkham-Asylum-figures-at-DC-Booth.jpg

Square+Enix+Play+Arts+Kai+Batman+Arkham+City+No+2+Catwoman+Action+Figure+One+Per+Case+%252841%2529.JPG

27322849d1348793485-batman-legacy-arkham-city-figures-thread-p1080364.jpg

Batman Returns has . . . . . a Kenner line from the early 90s.

This is the only action figure available of, **** projectile mouth ****ting fat man,

906_1-620x.jpg

A repaint of an Super Powers figure from the 80s from almost thirty years ago. That's it.

I think folks could live without seeing another Arkham Batman line for a few months.

:goodpost:

As I said, though, how does that apply to the group of fans that can't afford to have stuff from multiple scales/huge lines/want to have consistency in their collections? There are no 1/6th scale Arkham figures, there are 1/6th scale Keaton figures. I think, at the end of the day, it's just a difference in perspectives that's causing this disagreement.

Well, my argument was never about 1/6, you brought that to the table.

I don't care about the group of fans that can't afford to have stuff from multiple lines (though the thought that they'd be able to afford $220-$300 action figures instead is even more ludicrous).

I'm just saying, as a whole, Arkham has a bunch of stuff for collectors (generally, not getting into specifics) and Returns has almost none.

Same deal with the Adam West 60s merchandise. That's actually refreshing. For roughly 50 years there wasn't anything good out there to really collect. Now thanks to a few figures here and there from Hot Toys, NECA and Mattel, collectors can finally own a piece of what they love.

Arkham? It hasn't been 25 years, it hasn't been 50 years, and it already feels like the market has been saturated with a lot of great stuff. Figures of all sizes, statues, busts, replicas, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Origins, etc. etc. There's plenty to choose from.

I don't care if someone doesn't have enough money to only collect expensive 1/6 figures toys, they still have plenty to choose from.

All I gots iz dis,

UltimateBatman.jpg

211.jpg

And something from Applause that's cool, but basically the equivalence of a shampoo bottle statue,

il_570xN.391850393_kcg0.jpg

To date, there hasn't even been an official Danny Devito Batman Returns Penguin action figure.

I'm glad that we got 66 stuff before any of them. At the end of the day, though, I don't want 6" figures, I want 1:6th scale figures, and I want Arkham first. You want Returns first. Let's just agree to disagree.:lol

You know you're gonna get your Arkham stuff first anyway ya big baby. :lol

Never a Hamm Batman though.

That will always bring a sad to my face. I'll never stop fighting, though.:lol

As for Returns or Arkham, if I had my way, they'd both be at Ani-Com. The fact that we've had to wait this long for either of them because of over 15 ****ing Iron Man suits is ridiculous.

Yeah, the suits are just obnoxious.

Ya gotta admit, the Mandarin/Trevor and Mansion Raid Tony Stark to look fantastic though.

Mandarin looks great. Mansion raid Tony, though, is meh to me. Mainly because I thought it was ****ing stupid that he was playing McGyver when the "obnoxious" amount of suits were just sitting in his basement. Factor in that it's pretty much just the "improved" Stark head that we saw earlier this year with some blood, and they pretty much used up any "wow" factor 6 months ago.

I love that little Applause Penguin. Great stand-in figure.

It's a good place holder. Applause did a surprisingly good job considering how basic it is. Come on Hot Toys!

I'm really hoping that Batman comes with a Keaton/ Bruce headsculpt so we can do some customizing.

I'm hoping hot toys keeps their word and makes all 3 characters in 1:4 batman ,penguin and catwoman. ( judging from the announcement poster that said coming soon 1/6 and 1/4 batman returns)

Well, to be fair, they didn't say they were going to do all three in 1/4. I think you can expect all three in 1/6 though.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

**** Arkham.

GIVE US RETURNS INSTEAD, PRECIOUS.

Yeah, I'm not into the Arkham stuff. I'm curious to see how they come out but that's it. We need Returns first. Besides, I'm not crazy about Batman's design. He looks kinda cool and kinda goofy. I never liked overly long ears for the cowl and the gauntlets are absolutely ridiculous looking. I hate them and really detract from the overall design for me. All the rogues are pretty flawless though.

Well, to be fair, they didn't say they were going to do all three in 1/4. I think you can expect all three in 1/6 though.

Oh yeah I agree your probably right, we probably get just a 1/4 batman. But I can dream and hope hahahah:dance

Back