Hot Toys: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, AVP and AVP-R Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really what I'd call technique, more blind luck. :lol. But here goes:

The head is molded in the flesh colour, all I actually did was paint the face a paler flesh tone, avoiding the eyes, the paint I used covered the 'tache and sideburns in one coat. Then I added darker tones to the creases of the face, and dry brushed the flesh areas about four times.

For the eyes I carefully painted over the brown of the iris with a pale blue mix (I tried to do two really thin concentric circles in the eyes one shade lighter than the other, but the outer darker circle doesn't really show up very well).

The hair and eyebrows are just a light brown wood colour, painted over then drybrushed with the same colour about six times. I got impatient towards the end and added a small amount of yellow and white to the brown paint and drybrushed the hair and eybrows a couple more times.

I didn't want to get into the painting of the entire body, so I chose a flesh tone for the head that kind of matched but was not as ridiculously orange as the original.

I'm pretty happy with the way it came out given my limited skills, it looks good in hand and in the right light, but under close scrutiny still looks a bit 'dolly'.

Cool man, thanks and it really is a huge improvement. Still I
think I'm going to have to keep an eye out for a spare head. Getting twitchy just thinking about it! Def needs to be done though...

Cool man, thanks and it really is a huge improvement. Still I
think I'm going to have to keep an eye out for a spare head. Getting twitchy just thinking about it! Def needs to be done though...

I would advise it as it really does revitalise the figure and you can see that it is quite a decent sculpt of Mark Rolston under the original colour scheme. Theres a few Drake heads on ebay at the moment, some quite cheap from private sellers and a few reliable far east retailers have them as well.

:peace

dscf5193bz.jpg

dscf5198.jpg

dscf5196.jpg

dscf5197f.jpg

avp proved that. haha. awesome figure I am looking for one but I am caught up in the new P2 and scar. but after, this guy is next!

Awesome!
I love the old AvP preds. Never did get Chopper though, I really didn't like the bio or the color they used for it...

Its the only Alien that i think actually looks like the Alien its meant to depict

figured this thread was the most appropriate place to stick this. Head is from an old 21c figure and armor is from a Hicks figure that the previous owner had stripped down (presumably to cast it?). I got it semi-affordably and had to reglue everything together. A razor and light sanding got rid of Hick's identifying paint.

Anyways... Weirzbowski!!!
FixedSki1_zpsfd4916a8.jpg

FixedSki2_zps902dbfb3.jpg

fixedSki3_zps0717902f.jpg

Last edited:
can anyone suggest an adhesive to reattach the tail to an avp alien, its not broken just disconnected, thanks

Didnt know where to put these, All alien Related Thread, all Pred related Thread, Berserker thread... well ill put it here as its where i put the previous Dog alien pics

dscf5236r.jpg

dscf5242k.jpg

Back