Hot Toys: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, AVP and AVP-R Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read, and the biggest part of my collecting hobby is making my own figures, and in the past ive made several 1:1 Pred bio masks. So i know my way around a tool set and a collectible! So maybe im seeing the job with experience and confidence behind me.

Can you post pics one of your work here ?

Can you post pics one of your work here ?
Ill have to dig up some

photo0012rp.jpg

The wolf mask was sideshow, but i painted, assembled and cut the other masks around it, aswell as the head underneith the p1 masks which i actually made, got the raw dreads and beads for and painted

i used to mess around with little designs and such (made this plasma casters from scratch)

spa3603.jpg

I used to only frequent avp/Predator forums when i was deep into my 1:1 predator weapon making and such but my accounts have long since gone, and the ones i have the links have expired. So i couldnt find too many.

ive you trace some of my posts in other ht predator threads you may be able to find repaints ive did, and cut/glueing and other mods on the figures. Alot of prior posts i have removed due to items i sell i like to take down so whoever buys it doesnt feel uncomfortable ive got pics of his toy now up. Im currently in the middle of a few HT resident evil customs but thats for that thread i wont bring them to aliens and robots

I have read, and the biggest part of my collecting hobby is making my own figures, and in the past ive made several 1:1 Pred bio masks. So i know my way around a tool set and a collectible! So maybe im seeing the job with experience and confidence behind me.

Just takes a little common sense right :cuckoo::dunno:rotfl:thud:

Ill have to dig up some

photo0012rp.jpg

The wolf mask was sideshow, but i painted, assembled and cut the other masks around it, aswell as the head underneith the p1 masks which i actually made, got the raw dreads and beads for and painted

i used to mess around with little designs and such (made this plasma casters from scratch)

spa3603.jpg

I used to only frequent avp/Predator forums when i was deep into my 1:1 predator weapon making and such but my accounts have long since gone, and the ones i have the links have expired. So i couldnt find too many.

ive you trace some of my posts in other ht predator threads you may be able to find repaints ive did, and cut/glueing and other mods on the figures. Alot of prior posts i have removed due to items i sell i like to take down so whoever buys it doesnt feel uncomfortable ive got pics of his toy now up. Im currently in the middle of a few HT resident evil customs but thats for that thread i wont bring them to aliens and robots

Love the scar bio with dreads.

Ill have to dig up some

photo0012rp.jpg

spa3603.jpg

Awsome Works :clap

Does anyone know how to put back the shine on the body/rubber parts of the HT Dog Alien?
The color change of the arm from the hand is too noticeable.

i9xLdEtMt1pBT.jpg

Also, anyone know where to get replacement sockets for the shoulder and foot for HT Dog Alien and HT Warrior Alien?

ihWClf4eSfi2a.jpg

Hey guys,
I'm trying to track down the HT snap kits. Anyone in here that could have them and would be willing to sell or can point me toward somewhere I could get them I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

They do pop on eBay, esp the Predators....the Marines I wish you best of luck. I jumped on these early and have quite a nice couple of squads, but boy these are brittle. The AVP series esp had most figures break very easily.

So this picture popped up on Plastic Enemies' Facebook. I'm assuming it's the Secret Base thing. Check out the Alien 3 banner on the right.

1267557_606077529430579_1039572703_o.jpg

So this picture popped up on Plastic Enemies' Facebook. I'm assuming it's the Secret Base thing. Check out the Alien 3 banner on the right.

1267557_606077529430579_1039572703_o.jpg

You'd think more excitement would be necessary but you have to question whether Hot Toys will finally get their sculpts and QC issues in order.

:lol Yeah. My interest was admittedly piqued but I wasn't bouncing off the walls like I would've been a year ago.

Hard plastic is the way to go. That and I really hope Tsang's been practicing. Sick of Aliens with underbites.

We'll see what happens. Great design to start with though.:pray:

On a side note, having sold my original P1 last week and packaging it up I forgot just how good that box and plastic sleeve was. The cloaked effect over the pic of the figure was great. Probs better then the figure.:lol

Eh, figure wasn't bad either. One of the best-looking of the old Predators. Also a different sculptor.

Back