HOT TOYS- ALIEN 3 - DOG ALIEN full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines posed on 3 legs with the other leg reaching out (either to take its next step or reach out and grab its next victim). The 3 legs act as a tripod shape. Once you've got its centre of balance sorted and weight evenly distributed it's easy. Took me a while to get a natural looking pose I was happy with. Never fallen over

Yup, three legs is the way to go with the dragon.
To keep it on two legs I use a stand (which I use for all HT aliens anyway).

this thing is a goddamn economic oddity.
it's the only ht figure that has never turned up loose/assembled on ebay that i could find.

something is amiss and you people are in on it.

this thing is a goddamn economic oddity.
it's the only ht figure that has never turned up loose/assembled on ebay that i could find.

something is amiss and you people are in on it.

Because, it's a great figure.

Nobody wants to get rid of it.

That...and nobody likes you. :D

J/K

I got mine standing on it's hind legs now. Tail bent in a "U" shape, acting as a stand or third leg.

He looks pretty good. I'd rather display him on all fours, and will later on when I get the Big Chap. I just don't want my only representation of an Alien in my Detolf to look small and towered over by my Predator and T-600. Alien is the champ.

That...and nobody likes you. :D

J/K
but it's not a "great figure". it's not even great as ht aliens go.
and i doubt "nobody wants to get rid of it". you can find much rarer and better loose ht figures for sale any day of the week.

i think it's more like nobody bought it in the first place. it's down to $115 brand new now for gods sake.

but it's not a "great figure". it's not even great as ht aliens go.
and i doubt "nobody wants to get rid of it". you can find much rarer and better loose ht figures for sale any day of the week.

i think it's more like nobody bought it in the first place. it's down to $115 brand new now for gods sake.

Just buy a new one!?! :duh
I really don't get why you're complaining so much about not finding a loose one when brand new minty fresh smelling ones are at discount prices?
It's a great figure and worth the price. You won't regret it.

Just buy a new one!?! :duh
I really don't get why you're complaining so much about not finding a loose one when brand new minty fresh smelling ones are at discount prices?
It's a great figure and worth the price. You won't regret it.
already explained that.
well, that's cheaper than retail. but, i'd still rather not have to deal with assembling and extra shipping costs just to have the box.
so, does anyone know what these go for loose?
in summary - don't want the stupid box. assembly is a hassle.

already explained that.

in summary - don't want the stupid box. assembly is a hassle.

Frankly, I think it's a bit silly getting a used, possibly messed-up figure just because you don't want to dispose of a box and assemble the figure yourself.
The figure will come in a box anyway for transportation, and when you put it together the paint and glossiness can suffer a lot.
It's alright if the glossiness rubs off when you did it yourself, but getting it like that second hand isn't nice. Besides, you risk getting a figure that was put together by a person who wasn't very careful and might have damaged it.
Seems pretty silly if you can avoid it all by just buying it MIB at a discounted price anyway.

But, if that's what makes you happy, more power to ya! :peace

The figure will come in a box anyway for transportation
correction - a loose figure will come in a much smaller box. and therefore, the shipping cost will be much smaller.
and when you put it together the paint and glossiness can suffer a lot.
It's alright if the glossiness rubs off when you did it yourself, but getting it like that second hand isn't nice. Besides, you risk getting a figure that was put together by a person who wasn't very careful and might have damaged it.
Seems pretty silly if you can avoid it all by just buying it MIB at a discounted price anyway.

But, if that's what makes you happy, more power to ya! :peace
luckily, ebay has pictures, contact info, and rating systems for that kind of thing.
and frankly, i've seen the thing in person and it isn't even worth the discounted price to me.

In that case I have two loose Aliens with broken knees I'd be happy to sell you for a bargain! :rolleyes:

correction - a loose figure will come in a much smaller box. and therefore, the shipping cost will be much smaller.

luckily, ebay has pictures, contact info, and rating systems for that kind of thing.
and frankly, i've seen the thing in person and it isn't even worth the discounted price to me.

And you'll (obviously) keep on waiting and wanting...while we all enjoy our Alien3 figures. :duh

J/K

It's my favorite HT Alien so far. It looks great posed on 3 legs, but I'm experimenting now I have a new display cabinet. The crappy rubber band will be replaced with something more discreet.

alien3.jpg

And you'll (obviously) keep on waiting and wanting...while we all enjoy our Alien3 figures. :duh
nah. i'll eventually lose interest and move on to something else.
and you'll still be stuck with a figure you paid ~$140 for and doesn't look like the movie and now sells for $115.

high five.

nah. i'll eventually lose interest and move on to something else.
and you'll still be stuck with a figure you paid ~$140 for and doesn't look like the movie and now sells for $115.

high five.

I paid the $115 at BBTS and would have gladly paid the $140+ elsewhere sooner had I the extra money then. It's a fantastic figure. I agree, the mouth is a little off in terms of screen accuracy, but it's a very easy issue to get over. Also, I personally didn't have much trouble snapping the arm or leg on at all. Took me less than five minutes, and with no damage. The box is also very attractive in design.
Nobody here is trying to trick or fool you. You're simply missing out bud.

High five!

I paid the $115 at BBTS and would have gladly paid the $140+ elsewhere sooner had I the extra money then. It's a fantastic figure. I agree, the mouth is a little off in terms of screen accuracy, but it's a very easy issue to get over. Also, I personally didn't have much trouble snapping the arm or leg on at all. Took me less than five minutes, and with no damage. The box is also very attractive in design.
Nobody here is trying to trick or fool you. You're simply missing out bud.

High five!
as has been pointed out before in this topic - the mouth isn't the only inaccurate thing about this figure.
not even close. in fact, the teeth are totally screwed up and pointing forwards. the rubber around the mouth just looks weird. the tail and torso are much too short. the head is the wrong shape. the inner jaw is the wrong color. and that stuff doesn't cover the litany of technical/quality problems with the rubber, the paint, and the flimsy joints.

i understand where you're coming from. if i shelled out $115 for this thing i'd be on here trying to justify it too.
and that's too bad.

if there was another 1:6 version of this alien i wouldn't even bother talking about it. but there isn't, so here we are.

It's not about justifying anything. I've regreted figure purchases dozens of times in the past. This isn't one of them.
Alien 3 happens to be my favorite in the series.
To each his own. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. Done deal.

Back