HOT TOYS- ALIEN 3 - DOG ALIEN full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
I know this figure has people divided, I was told it still has some R+D to be done, but how much it'll change is the thing up for debate. I'm sure I'll pick one up, I just hope it poses well and that 'if' wires are used for the joints they will stand some posing without snapping. Over all though I like it!

Hot Toys - MMS 77 - ALIEN 3 - DOG ALIEN collectible figure

Hot Toys is proud to present our first ever ALIEN 3 movie product - the DOG ALIEN, the fully articulated model kit is in scale with other Hot Toys’ Movie Masterpiece 1/6th scale Alien and Predator model kits.

The Alien 3 – Dog Alien collectible figure features:
l Approximate stands 16 inches long/ tall
l Over 18 points of articulation
l Bendable hands, thenar, and tail
l Extendable set of inner jaws
l Interchangeable hands

{Release date: Q3, 2008}

Alien 3 TM & © 2008 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All rights reserved.

1Alien3_DogAlien.jpg

2Alien3_DogAlien.jpg

3Alien3_DogAlien.jpg

4Alien3_DogAlien.jpg

5Alien3_DogAlien.jpg

6Alien3_DogAlien.jpg

7Alien3_DogAlien.jpg

8Alien3_DogAlien.jpg

9Alien3_DogAlien.jpg

10Alien3_DogAlien.jpg

I'm still planning on gettting this one... he doesn't seem quite as scary looking as he should be, but still a great looking figure overall. Just hope the poseability is as nice (or comparable) to the earlier releases.

I finally cancelled my pre-order. :(

I would love to add this to my Alien collection but with so many other great products being released at about the same time and the price point for this item being so high, I really have no choice. Hopefully some time down the road, I will be able get this item at a lower price from secondary sources. Just hoping..

i just wonder how durable the the arms and legs will be without joints. wire just tends to snap after a while

I would assume these will be similar in design to the muscular body... I don't think it uses wires. Hoping the wires we saw in the blog were more for mock-up purposes and not an indicator of the final product.

I'm taking the plunge...this'll look great with my brown AVP alien and re-paint aliens alien...SWEET

Thanks for the pics and info Jeff.
I've been rather negative about this figure and HT's commitment to the Alien line, so I'm looking forward to hearing positive changes about this figure.
If the articulation is not wires, I'll really think about getting it, otherwise, I don't see myself getting this. And hopefully, they'll elongate the tail as well.

I am now, EXTREMELY excited about this one, why?

I like the sculpt a LOT!
I like the clear tinted parts, looks like sides of head and shoulder domes are clear covered!
I LOVE...LOVE...the cranial interior!!! PERFECT!!!!
I like the head to body ratio
Hands are Feet are WICKED!!!!
I will like the tongue even more when I repaint it white!
Mouthy area is nice, not perfect, but VERY CLOSE! Lips are a bit thin, but ok!
I will like the factory paint if it's ANYWHERE near this!
I would prefer a longer tail with a longer barb spear on it's tip, but it is OK...but I can still hope...
and
It is WAY more movie accurate to it's source film to me, so far, than the ALIENS one is, which is a plus. The AVP and AVP-R ones are pretty much deadon, so this one being this close after the artistic license taken on ALIENS is super to me. A no-brainer!
THIS ONE's BOUGHT! :rock

Abake, it IS hope for us that an ALIEN could be what we want it to be. I am betting after an AR release (Which itself will be a retooled AVP body source anyway)
Have faith friend!!! :rock This is a good sign! THEY ARE TRYING!!!

I really like this figure, I think the sculpt is excellent and an accurate representation of the A3 Alien. I think if I was going to collect Alien 3 stuff I would get this without a doubt, but personally I'm more interested in the first two movies.

It looks perfect. I dont see anything unaccurate at all. Looks JUST like it did in Alien 3. However, its rubber, and like I said, it sucks. Rubber sucks.

Used rewards points for this. the A3 Alien for some reason is my favorite design for the Aliens. I do hope the articulation is good as the A3 Alien has the best design for dynamic poses IMO. Its my favorite to draw and have done so many times I have the damn thing memorized. Do wish the legs and torso were longer but still it's just a bad ass looking figure! Can't wait!!!

I havent bought an alien figure yet, been waiting for one i really like and this is it! I sold off all my preds earlier this year but am back on the crack train as of 2 days ago.. got a wolf ss cleaner kit, and am going to get this dog alien to go with it.. I thin ive finally learnt to be selective about what i collect and not buy and entire line of products im not so keen on just cause itll complete the line.. soo yay for me:lol

Oh and.. what the ^^^^ is this thread doing all the way back? no love for the dragon?

Oh there's plenty of love for the dragon.
It's just this "interpretation" that I'm not too sure about...
Any news on the on-going R+D?

Back