1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
xjPjb5b.jpg

Apart from doing something about how the knees look on both figures, and other cosmetic touches to the BATMAN figure, like a better body - someone suggested a new one but I don't think that it's necessary to go to all that trouble, it just requires some minor tweaks - they will also need to do something about how the cape sits at his neck.

This is clearly in need of adjusting as it looks nothing like how it did on the show. It never bunched up like that. It may be though, that they are limited to what they can do with the fabric chosen, it may not sit right due to its scale at all. Other than that it seems to be about the right shade of dark blue.

Also on the show, they used to secure the capes on the shoulders and down the back, for them to hold that perfect on screen shape. It was only a series of small pop-studs, but it was enough to give those immaculate lines. I wonder if HT will even attempt this...? I was sure I had some clear photos of this, but can I find even one?

Does anyone know if the masks were supposed to be removable? It would be great if they are, and Robin's certainly looks like it could/should be.

I doubt either mask would be removable - much easier to factory assemble a fixed mask.

I don't think there's a single episode or scene from the 1966 movie where either of them are shown maskless though.

The pilot test is the only time time the two of them are shown in full costume, without masks (and Wayne had a completely different suit),

[ame]https://youtu.be/1woTlLpIEqw[/ame]

In the actual series? I don't think they ever break the illusion that Batman and Robin are actually Wayne and Grayson from the time they're in Wayne Manor going down the batpoles to the Batcave where they emerge fully costumed.

I doubt either mask would be removable - much easier to factory assemble a fixed mask.

Batman's mask will be something akin to Captain America's mask, surely? At least that is how I assumed it to be.

Took some pics from the toyshow.
Like to share with fellow collectors.
IMG_1906_zps0737e45b.jpg

IMG_1908_zpsfa626894.jpg

IMG_1914_zpsa82c22fc.jpg

IMG_1911_zps8f56af66.jpg

Enjoy!:)

Found this episode with Carolyn Jones. She sure covered up some nice gams as Morticia. Scene 43 0:11:54

[ame]https://youtu.be/ruXf6dA9v7A[/ame]

I'm going for the 60s 1:6 Bats collection big time.
Absolutely love the show. I watched about half of S3 over the weekend whilst I was supposed to be working!
I think I will have to design a 4 tier Batmobile shelving unit with 13" clearance between shelves. This will hold the Tumbler, 89 Bats, the Shield (which is quite impressive in its own right - and made for a very heavy vehicle in that collection) and of course the 60s classic. And each will have to have the appropriate Batman standing by, or sitting in it.
Yeah, really looking forward to this set.

Ambitious! But it would look amazing when completed!

I don't think there's a single episode or scene from the 1966 movie where either of them are shown maskless though.

The pilot test is the only time time the two of them are shown in full costume, without masks (and Wayne had a completely different suit),

https://youtu.be/1woTlLpIEqw

In the actual series? I don't think they ever break the illusion that Batman and Robin are actually Wayne and Grayson from the time they're in Wayne Manor going down the batpoles to the Batcave where they emerge fully costumed.

No, what I really meant was so that they could have civilian outfits, Bruce and D i c k about town.

I had to think for a moment why you spaced out young master Grayson's name !

Holy bad language Batman.

Watching more season 3 Bats. Gotta love that Batgirl. Looks tho, like we won't be getting a HT Batgirl to go with the Dynamic Duo.

I would like to think we'd get the same range if figures that Mattel put out, but I too believe that the Two on show, plus the Batmobile will be the complete set.
That said, as sets go.. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back