1/6 Hot Toys 60's Batman figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair... they simply showed the 60's license. I mean, TDKR clip showed a bunch of prisoners... not like we're gonna see them make 1/6 gotham prisoners.

Fingers crossed for Joker, but I have a bad feeling they'll stop after the Dynamic Duo.

I'll be happy if they do Joker and Catwoman. I'd prefer a Newmar CW but I'd get a Meriweather if that was what was offered. A change-o head may be too much to ask for. If they don't do a Batgirl or Riddler hopefully a customizer will make these two happen. Penguin is the only other character I'd really want from the gallery.

They'd better move fast, because Thor, Cap and GotG seem to be right on the horizon. Not to mention Spiderman 2

Last edited:
I'll be happy if they do Joker and Catwoman. I'd prefer a Newmar CW but I'd get a Meriweather if that was what was offered. A change-o head may be too much to ask for. If they don't do a Batgirl or Riddler hopefully a customizer will make them happen. Penguin is the only other character I'd really want from the gallery.

Beaten!!! I was just about to post that the CW shown was the Lee Meriwether version from the inter season feature film. But then they could easily do a Miss Kitka alternate head/clothes combo.

I would love a Joker (and Penguin, and Catwoman, and Riddler, and...)

However, I would be satisfied with the Dynamic Duo. They look great!

:lol

right...so everything shown isn't going to happen :cuckoo:

that banner was a Hot Toys adverstisment of what's to come in 2014.I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see both Joker and Catwoman at SDCC

Green Lantern didn't happen because the movie sucked

Batman returns will eventually happen...

Wrong again Teemu! :lol

That is just advertisement for the licenses they have. Not an endorsement for the actual characters they will make.

GL did suck...but they still bought/optioned the movie rights and then decided to can the project.

And btw, you are also wrong about why they canned those figures. They made a public statement that they could not get the tech to work to properly represent the movie costumes, so they didn't spend anymore resources on it. The movie sucking probably just sealed the deal on producing anything at all. Obviously, Tron had similar issues with the tech but the movie was better so they pushed a few items out.

The point here is with their fixation on All that is Marvel! we have a slim chance at getting more than what's been shown.

They are already dumping more stuff they said they would make while things they have teased are still in the "will happen eventually" stage.

"Eventually" might just be a cancellation announcement...like Commish Gordon.

Wrong again Teemu! :lol

That is just advertisement for the licenses they have. Not an endorsement for the actual characters they will make. .

which means they CAN make Joker and Catwoman...

you speculate they won't and I bet they will make them...(except Batgirl)

I would love a Joker (and Penguin, and Catwoman, and Riddler, and...)

However, I would be satisfied with the Dynamic Duo. They look great!

We are only going to get B & R and Batmobile- and that will be late 2014 if we are lucky..the rest? :slap

which means they CAN make Joker and Catwoman...

you speculate they won't and I bet they will make them...(except Batgirl)

:lecture

I agree with you. As I stated before, I HOPE I'm wrong. I just don't have the faith in Hot Toys as you do. They have left more licenses incomplete than complete. As a matter of fact, isn't Avengers the first one they did complete? I can rattle off several licenses that went nowhere after the first few offerings ie Watchman, Tron, Hellboy, Predator (military strike team), Major characters from TDK trilogy (we got Colson form Avengers but no Gordon, no Alfred, no Fox, No Ras!).

I think it's a miracle we are getting any 1960's Batman figures, much less the Batmobile. If I had to pick a villain it would probably be Catwoman or Penguin but I just don't think it's in the cards. I would have said Joker but that stupid white mustache was lame to me even back then.

I think it's a miracle we are getting any 1960's Batman figures, much less the Batmobile. If I had to pick a villain it would probably be Catwoman or Penguin but I just don't think it's in the cards. I would have said Joker but that stupid white mustache was lame to me even back then.

:lol That was Cesar 'The Latin Lover' Romero's trademark!

:lecture

I agree with you. As I stated before, I HOPE I'm wrong. I just don't have the faith in Hot Toys as you do. They have left more licenses incomplete than complete. As a matter of fact, isn't Avengers the first one they did complete? I can rattle off several licenses that went nowhere after the first few offerings ie Watchman, Tron, Hellboy, Predator (military strike team), Major characters from TDK trilogy (we got Colson form Avengers but no Gordon, no Alfred, no Fox, No Ras!).

Man, I didn't know about those other licenses. I remember seeing the TRON Legacy stuff. Flynn and Sam on the lightcycle. People were mentioning Quorra. I didn't really want a Quorra figure. I want Sideshow's statue.

I saw the Watchmen Silk Spectre once on the SF. I just assumed that the line was finished.

I'm getting a bit worried now. I just did a quick search but it seems like no news on Batgirl or others yet. I hope Yvonne Craig's contract is getting cleared up. And I don't know why Hot Toys wouldn't make a Julie Newmar Catwoman just to go next to the Dark Knight Rises version for collectors.

Not only did they not finish the Watmen line, they barely got started. They released two figures (sound familiar?), Comedian & Silk Spectre II. They didn't even bother to release Rorschach who was the anti-hero of the story!

And don't get me started about Tron! There were many other interesting programs they could have made including Qourra. They could've made Clu, Renzler and the guards. Hell, Daft Punk even! They would've looked really cool.

The problem with them is if the Hong Kong market doesn't clamor for it, they just drop it.

Lets hope that doesn't happen here.

Im not expecting more than Batman and Robin and i could live with that.

If they released one villain then we would want more were never happy so leave it at the main two characters.

Yes...blasphemy!

I personally would want more. I'll buy whatever they make but I think I would feel like it was satisfactorily explored if we got the dynamic duo, the Batmobile, Joker, Catwoman (1 reg, 1 ex), Riddler & Penguin.

I only leave Batgirl out because legally, she's out of bounds. If she were in play, I would add her to the above list.

Any others, which I would welcome, would be icing on the cake.

Do you suppose batman and robin would be sold as a set or individually?

I am hoping as a set because I would buy both, and i assume individually might cost more...

Do you suppose batman and robin would be sold as a set or individually?

I am hoping as a set because I would buy both, and i assume individually might cost more...

I really think these will come as a set even if it's not really a trend that Hot Toys does. These two just go together. I hope they do as well for the same reason.

Has Hot Toys ever done a two pack though? I know that they did Demon Batman and Scarecrow together but that seems like it was because of being for their 10th Anniversary and an exclusive. DX07 Luke is another but I don't know if I'd technically count that since it's really just a variation on the same character (one regular, one battle damaged). I'd be happy getting Batman and Robin in a two pack but I'd definitely buy them individually too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back