Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd buy a Hellboy 2.0 figure with plastic body and visible joints. The clothes would hide them anyway.

I would like to get this but the site I use here in the UK is out of stock (£140), there is one on eBay but it's £299 plus £50 p+p which I don't fancy paying for one model.

I'd buy a Hellboy 2.0 figure with plastic body and visible joints. The clothes would hide them anyway.

that's the problem, in fact many of the figures 2.0, will be plastic, and will see the joints, like Jake AVATAR style. Hot toys is lowering the quality and this is evident

that's the problem, in fact many of the figures 2.0, will be plastic, and will see the joints, like Jake AVATAR style. Hot toys is lowering the quality and this is evident

Lowering the quality? Rubber is ____ quality. I'm worried every time I look at my rubber figures just hoping they won't crack or deteriorate. Rubber looks better, but plastic holds longer. And for Hellboy, plastic will look just as good as rubber because the elbows, shoulders and the wrists will be hidden under the jacket.

Lowering the quality? Rubber is ____ quality. I'm worried every time I look at my rubber figures just hoping they won't crack or deteriorate. Rubber looks better, but plastic holds longer. And for Hellboy, plastic will look just as good as rubber because the elbows, shoulders and the wrists will be hidden under the jacket.

good point, but it is 2012, and the president of hot toys, has said in interviews that today has at its disposal new technologies and techniques, and I think Jake Sully is a step back, to the figures of collection, and a step forward in toy store.

I think some of you folk get too worked up about this rubber detioration thing. Fact is,nothing lasts forever so just unbox them and enjoy. If you're that worried about them falling apart, don't buy them!
Simples.

I think some of you folk get too worked up about this rubber detioration thing. Fact is,nothing lasts forever so just unbox them and enjoy. If you're that worried about them falling apart, don't buy them!
Simples.

lol wut? dumbest justification i've heard.

good point, but it is 2012, and the president of hot toys, has said in interviews that today has at its disposal new technologies and techniques, and I think Jake Sully is a step back, to the figures of collection, and a step forward in toy store.

Yeah I agree but Jake looks ok in my opinion. It would have looked much better in rubber but then there's the risk of deteriorating within months or years and not to mention the limited articulation. Plastic takes 450 years to break down so... But if Hot Toys could improve their rubber quality I would welcome it.

I'm sure that in 20 years maybe there's gonna be a solution to our problems.

Right. I have to say that your well thought out, intellectual counter point was superb. Bravo. :cuckoo:

Tit.

i didn't even try to explain since your excuse was pitiful. i thought you would be able to figure things out but i guess you can't. if "nothing lasts forever so it is okay for hot toys to make defective products" is the best you can think of, then just give up man. here is something to get your brain started.

if i buy a certain product, i expect it to "last" a certain amount of years. for example, if i buy a car, i get a warranty for 100,000 miles since cars are expected to last a couple years. if i buy a table, i expect to last many years. now here is the hard part for you. when i buy a $175+ toy, i expect it to last at least a decade unless i break it since a $15 toy will as well. do you start to see the problem with the leonidas figure now? think about it.

i did not strain my figure at all and the rubber is breaking apart. think of a better justification next time to defend hot toys than "nothing lasts forever".

i didn't even try to explain since your excuse was pitiful....

i did not strain my figure at all and the rubber is breaking apart. think of a better justification next time to defend hot toys than "nothing lasts forever".

Might've helped had you explained from the get-go that your figure was breaking apart :)

WTF? Leonidas is cracking up? Can you post pics? The only instance I've seen was the one with the underarm split, and it looked like the owner was likely posing the arm raised above the head. This sucks. 10 years I'd be happy with, but two years out from purchase is a kick in the nuts.

Might've helped had you explained from the get-go that your figure was breaking apart :)

WTF? Leonidas is cracking up? Can you post pics? The only instance I've seen was the one with the underarm split, and it looked like the owner was likely posing the arm raised above the head. This sucks. 10 years I'd be happy with, but two years out from purchase is a kick in the nuts.

I'd hope the figure would last at least a lifetime...

Nah, with rubber the deterioration is inevitable. These kinds of figures I see as 'rented' - you pay your money and enjoy them for as long as they last. 10 years would seem pretty fair to me, but two?!? This will not stand, y'know, this deterioration will not stand, man.

Nah, with rubber the deterioration is inevitable. These kinds of figures I see as 'rented' - you pay your money and enjoy them for as long as they last. 10 years would seem pretty fair to me, but two?!? This will not stand, y'know, this deterioration will not stand, man.

:rotfl

orig-17114231.jpg

"MARK IT 10 YEARS!"

Hmm if it's breaking, all those asking for $300+ should reconsider selling it at a lower price. I mean they are selling a highly perishable item lol

Back