Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im a little on the dissapointed side.
The head does look pretty good up close but the expression is too dismissive. This character and the acting was really more on the melodramatic side and it just doesn't fit the character or the themes of the film.
The rubber body looks OK but I was really hoping that Hot Toys was going to wow us with a new form of body that is more like the Wolverine body. Something that has the detailed look of a "real" body but still gives the movement of having cut joints. This is just another rubber body which looks OK but is not an industry changer. And that's what I was really hoping HT was going for on this line. So, now we get to have months of threads of other Freaks saying "if I wanted a statue I would buy one, I want pose ability" or "the rubber will fall apart thirty seconds after I open the box". I will say that every other rubber figure shows the extreme poses and then in the instructions says not to do it, which is a little misleading on HT's part.

I will say this pictures makes him look bad a$$!

HT_300_KingLeonidas_PR02.jpg

Ok this has turned out a lot better than I thought as that first pic we saw on some site was crap.

His face is a little different from Butlers but it's still a good face.

I too am concerned about the ripping of the rubber but then I would ask who is gonna actually play with these?! :)

I think he will have to be added to my list of wants.

Keeping things in perspective, this is an amazing figure. I can't imagine any other toy company achieving anything close.

I can nitpick certain aspects, but I would not be disappointed seeing that on my shelf.

I'm hesitant about the body though. The expanded range of articulation is great, but it's still rubber.

I really hope by some miracle that Hot Toys has solved the rubber body problem. I have to believe the arm over the head pic is to show that off since it's not exactly an iconic pose from the film. I could be wrong but I really really hope not.

plasmid303: right on.

I wonder if this new body will be a one-off. I could imagine them using it for other characters, though I can't think of any at the moment.

Dr Manhattan !. :lol

Oh, right. I was thinking that it could be used for a lower profile character.
Do you think savvy collectors would scream fowl if they knew HT was just re-using a body for Doc Manhattan? I guess if the physique is very similar, I guess it won't be an issue.

That's U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E!!!!
HT really raised the bar now!!!!!
Hope the production figure keep the quality!!!

I don't think we'll see another Leonidas other than this one. What more can they do? An extreme expression sculpt and bloodied body? I'd prefer this look regardless. This will be the first time in a while where I'll be buying a figure without caring whether or not a second version is released.

I'm all for this. Looks fantastic. I would like another angry sculpt, but it looks fine as is. Sure the likeness is not 100% but I do see Butler in there. I just think the expression that they chose was just too neutral to really show off the likeness. I'm sure it will be tweaked.

In any case, this body looks incredible. Add '300' to the list....

am i the only one who thinks this is almost... perfect?

Nope. I do too. I think it's the closest to perfection out of any Hot Toys figure i've seen.

It is truly awesome. I won't be buying it as i'm not enough of a fan of the film to spend over £100, but you just gotta marvel at how good it is.

Looks extremely promising for the quality and overall brilliance of future HT figures.

Can't quite believe people think the likeness is off. It's 100% dead on for me. I'm shocked.

Last edited:
Back