Hot Toys- 300 - King Leonidas spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations,
you have just discovered the hare´s technique,
one price higher to give the impression that the lower price that is already very high seem "low".
Where you have lived until now? In Neverland? :slap

What are you talking about idiot? I know that people do this, but I'm speculating whether these scammers are doing so or not... damn some people are stupid...

Edit: You're on my ignore list, I'm not wasting my time on people who are rude. Looking at posts made by you, you only have a negative attitude and you're very annoying.

Last edited:
What are you talking about idiot? I know that people do this, but I'm speculating whether these scammers are doing so or not... damn some people are stupid...

Scammers are those sellers who sells fakes,
the only naive here is the one that don´t understand that professionals sellers are on ebay trying to "milk" collectors as much as they can.

You look very naive.

Last edited:
The only thing this guy tries to do is justify ridiculously exaggerated high prices of these collectibles, go ahead, check posts made by him. It wouldn't surprise me if this guy actually was one of those evilbayers I've mentioned before. Look how fast he was to show their auctions, when they weren't even of Leonidas...

The only thing this guy tries to do is justify ridiculously exaggerated high prices of these collectibles, go ahead, check posts made by him. It wouldn't surprise me if this guy actually was one of those evilbayers I've mentioned before. Look how fast he was to show their auctions, when they weren't even of Leonidas...

There is none to be "justified" here, it´s the old demand/offer rule.

Years ago the the demand for houses was so high that the prices of the reality market doubled in few years.... who paid an house 200,000 and sold few years later for 400,000 was a scammer?

I am just criticizing your communist mentality that think that commercial sellers are not out there to make as much money as they can.

That is normal and happens in EVERY market, you just have the freedom to don´t buy and you will see that the prices will drops.

If someone else buy it..... that means that the seller did a good job.

The same way when you sell a car to a car dealer he tries to pay as less as he can and when he sell it he tries to profit on it as much as he can.

If the price of something rose above your possibilities just don´t buy it.

16053547.jpg

If the price of something rose above your possibilities just don´t buy it.

Exactly right. Therefore, if a seller sells something for an exorbitant price it only means that there's a buyer who is willing to pay that price. It is called the free market. The seller is no scammer anymore than an art dealer is for selling an abstract painting for thousands of dollars (which I will never understand, btw :dunno). He's just a successful businessman, whom some will sneer at and jeer (while he laughs all the way to the bank).

Exactly right. Therefore, if a seller sells something for an exorbitant price it only means that there's a buyer who is willing to pay that price. It is called the free market. The seller is no scammer anymore than an art dealer is for selling an abstract painting for thousands of dollars (which I will never understand, btw :dunno). He's just a successful businessman, whom some will sneer at and jeer (while he laughs all the way to the bank).

Excuse me, there is a big difference between a piece of art created by one person that is limited to one piece that is aimed to rich customers and a piece of art that has been duplicated in thousand+ copies, sold for cheap by the artists and then having some money-greedy idiot take one of those copies and auction it for over 5 times of its original price. I could easily pay 800 dollars for a Leonidas figure, but that's not its value and I wouldn't want to feed money-greedy people. There is no law saying they can't do what they do, but the whole thing is just absurd and I wouldn't want to deal with that kind of people. They disgust me.

Excuse me, there is a big difference between a piece of art created by one person that is limited to one piece that is aimed to rich customers and a piece of art that has been duplicated in thousand+ copies, sold for cheap by the artists and then having some money-greedy idiot take one of those copies and auction it for over 5 times of its original price. I could easily pay 800 dollars for a Leonidas figure, but that's not its value and I wouldn't want to feed money-greedy people. There is no law saying they can't do what they do, but the whole thing is just absurd and I wouldn't want to deal with that kind of people. They disgust me.
Collectibles are collectibles,
you can decide how much you are going to pay something,
but it´s NOT YOU that decide the price on the market of something, it is the demand/offer law.

I would not pay 15,000 bucks for an old sign, but someone did: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISA...i%2FvTTcroGGy5HlQxobs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Would you pay 2,000 USD for a can of coke?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISA...i%2FvTTcroGGy5HlQxobs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
I would not.

One person buying a figure at $1300 isn't indicative of the market value to most buyers.

Some sellers reach for the sky and hope there is a sucker out there to pay it, i bet 90% of these figures at the $600+ prices never sell

Why is everyone arguing? We already know the market value ranges from $450-$550 brand new. Those $1000 auctions are bull___ and no one should buy from those sellers.

Now lets discuss the figure

Why is everyone arguing? We already know the market value ranges from $450-$550 brand new. Those $1000 auctions are bull___ and no one should buy from those sellers.

Now lets discuss the figure

You're right, but I can't stand people who defend those scums and their bull____ auctions. Anyway, has anyone had any quality issues with their Leonidas figure? I keep mine in a neutral pose because I'm afraid the rubber will break like the rubber on HT Abe Sapien.

Whoa whoa whoa. What's with the rage. Just don't buy from them, simple as that.

If someone does, that's their choice. If someone wanted to pay me a million bucks for my collection, that someone can have it. I don't see the issue here.

You're right, but I can't stand people who defend those scums and their bull____ auctions. Anyway, has anyone had any quality issues with their Leonidas figure? I keep mine in a neutral pose because I'm afraid the rubber will break like the rubber on HT Abe Sapien.

Who cares? No one will buy them.

Whoa whoa whoa. What's with the rage. Just don't buy from them, simple as that.

If someone does, that's their choice. If someone wanted to pay me a million bucks for my collection, that someone can have it. I don't see the issue here.

No rage here sir, we're only talking. Don't worry, I would never give those sellers a dime. As for the rest of your comment, it's really not the same. We are talking reality here not wishful thinking. Read the whole discussion will you.

You have a point. If you look at the evilbayers k-megastore and powermegatrader, you can see that they are located in different countries, but the items are all in italy, but they use identical photos and item descriptions on the items they are selling. But the prices usually differs a bit. Could be that they are working together or that "they" actually is the same person that is trying to lead people to think that those are the prices the figures are worth and that the one that is "cheaper" is a bargain.

Look here:

Leonidas (no price difference, but look at the description!)
Powermegatrader
K-Megastore

Chris Redfield
Powermegatrader
K-Megastore

I don't know... there's something fishy about these guys...

the fault is of this f___ guys,if they buy the figures at such price from this F___ sellers and the figure raise more & more...we are guilty for the price raising,we must have patience and wait to find a good deal, I have never paid for a figures more of us$250 (NEW god set)...usually I pay $190 shipped for each...
in fact for my leonidas i have paid $160 shipped...:monkey3

MY COLLECTIONS.. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100683

Last edited:

There is likely more to the story for the auction that ended at $750.00, the seller relisted the item. You see this sometimes with shill bidders who want to keep the price of their inventory up, though it's possible this seller just has an extra.

Who cares? No one will buy them.

We won't, but two kinds of people will. The first kind being the one that doesn't care about price or original price, who will feed money-greedy sellers. The other kind will be the type of people who wants to for an example say buy a gift to their son which he really wants. They don't like the price but they are gonna work hard to pay that money so they can make their son happy. They are totally unaware of what bull____ price they are paying compared to its original price and the reasonable after market price. Good and honest sellers will help unaware customers, not take advantage of them. Not everyone knows how ebay works or are as technical as we are on the internet. Only idiots who are fishing for people to make a mistake would put that high price on an item when it can be found for half of that on the same website (if you know how to navigate!).

I hope no one buys them. I really don't like greedy people.

We won't, but two kinds of people will. The first kind being the one that doesn't care about price or original price, who will feed money-greedy sellers. The other kind will be the type of people who wants to for an example say buy a gift to their son which he really wants. They don't like the price but they are gonna work hard to pay that money so they can make their son happy. They are totally unaware of what bull____ price they are paying compared to its original price and the reasonable after market price. Good and honest sellers will help unaware customers, not take advantage of them. Not everyone knows how ebay works or are as technical as we are on the internet. Only idiots who are fishing for people to make a mistake would put that high price on an item when it can be found for half of that on the same website (if you know how to navigate!).

I hope no one buys them. I really don't like greedy people.

I want to ask something
How much have you paid for your leonidas and your BLade...?

Back