1/6 Hot Toys - 2 Figure Set Wish List!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
th.jpg

Malekith & Kurse
Ra's Al Ghul and Bruce Wayne training on ice
Hammer Droids: Army/Navy, Air Force/Marines
King Loki & Laufey
Bane & Talia end battle

Malekith & Kurse
Ra's Al Ghul and Bruce Wayne training on ice
Hammer Droids: Army/Navy, Air Force/Marines
King Loki & Laufey
Bane & Talia end battle

any more Thor figures would be more than welcomed by me especially Loki in Thor 1 gear, or Sif, Volstagg, Hiemdahl...etc

Yes! Would love to see that one!

Also re-watched X-Men First Class the other day for the first time in ages and I'd love to see a (young) Professor X & Magneto set from that film.

That film! Ugh! I like the older characters but the younger mutants essentially ruin the movie. Also if we had a Thor 1 Loki you could just stick Gungnir in his hand from the Odin HT, instant King Loki

I'm not sure if I would ever actually buy a twin pack due to the tightness of my collecting space (I've moved to an extra shelf, but I'm almost full already! Waaaah!), but they are definitely nice to think about and covet. As somebody who wasn't an avid Avengers collector, I really liked the Banner/Hulk one in principle - it was just a shame about the ridiculous release timing for those that were big collectors!

Also, I feel I should add that another thing I believe wholeheartedly is that whilst doubles are a fun idea, the essential essence of the figures should always be available separately for those not wanting both. The double could have a reduced combo-price and maybe an exclusive accessory, but people shouldn't be forced to miss out or be left with a figure they never wanted, which they can then only keep in a box or sell on separately.

Anyway, here are my favourite ideas from the thread so far - with any pics substituted for words to save space:

rocket raccoon and groot

^I'm not familiar with the GotG comics, but given what I've seen of these characters, this seems like a 'must make'.

Doc and Marty (Back to the Future)

^This could actually definitely tempt me. One of my favourite film series of all time. Imagine if you had space for a DeLorean too - the set-ups would be amazing!

Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor (The Terminator)
T-800 and John Connor (Terminator 2)

^Whilst I wouldn't bother with the T2 pack (already have a T-800 from that film), I'd love to see people get a new John Connor.
The Reese and Sarah pack meanwhile would be massively attractive! A 1984 Reese is top of my 'want to see made' list and, whilst I may not 100% buy a Sarah, it would be tempting to finish the collection - once I finally get the T-800 I'm currently looking for, I mean (T1 is one of my other all time favourites). Which leads onto...

Kyle Reese and T-800 endoskeleton.

^This is actually possibly an even better idea, at least as twin packs go. Hot Toys are overdue a good new endoskeleton AND a Reese - and both would be huge sellers. But would the Reese only come with the shorter black coat he wears for the second half of the movie? Cos I'd want both options. In a DX pack. With all his accessories. And the choice of beaten-up or clean head sculpts and bandaged/unbandaged limbs. Basically, I REALLY want a 1984 Reese is what I'm saying :p

Someone mentioned the Super Soldier transformation chamber in another thread. I'd like a two-pack/environment with the chamber and skinny Rogers. I guess they could include Transformed Rogers as well.

^Whilst a transformation chamber is a lovely idea for a big set, a skinny Rogers with a transformed one seems like such an obvious combo that I'm almost amazed they didn't do it already. I almost feel like Skinny Steve should have been put in with the Star Spangled Man or the Rescue cap - though I mostly say that because I wouldn't really want a Hobbit trousered immediately post-beef up Steve :p

Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy (ASM2)
Young and old Xavier (Days of Future Past)
Young and old Magneto (Days of Future Past)

^These are all great ideas; the X-Men sets would be lovely to look at! And regardless of whether it's a set or not, a Gwen in her climactic Amazing Spider-Man 2 get-up seems like a 'must make' to me.

Also re-watched X-Men First Class the other day for the first time in ages and I'd love to see a (young) Professor X & Magneto set from that film.

^Again, this is just a plain ol' good idea. I like the film, though it's not my favourite, so I wouldn't necessarily buy it, but I can imagine that plenty of people would.

Deckard/Roy Batty..I know dream on...

^"I've seen two packs you people wouldn't believe..." :wink1:
Really, though, good shout!

Starsky and Hutch (original)

^Now this wouldn't be for me, but a 1/6 Starsky cardigan is certainly a fun idea!

I'd like to see a threesome with Maria Hill, Pepper Potts and Agent Carter

^Speaking of fun ideas... *ahem* [tugs on collar] Is it hot in here?
Why not throw Lady Sif in with this fine collection of Marvel's finest, uh, female figures.:love

Blimey, I think I need to go lie down...

Back