Hot Toys 12" Aliens Ripley Drake & Frost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rugby1970 said:
Just order Ripley, Drake and Hudson. They all looked much better on the Comic-Con floor. Ripley's paint job is 100% better and Hudson is the right nationality (he doesn't look exactly like "Big Love" but close enough so that fans of the film will recognize him.

Drake also looks MUCH MUCH better in person, he is using the muscle suit they used on Rambo and it looks great.

Great news Rugby, good to know. I always felt Ripley's sculpt was good so I am happy with that. Drake I thought looked amazing, don't know what some were talking about but I have no problem with him either. Some of us will probably swap HT Hudson heads with a FL Hudson Mikey repaint...

I think I know the source for the head sculpt used on the Hudson figure-- take a look at this pic of the head from a Hot Toys US Army Ranger, I think Hot Toys simply recycled an older sculpt. Of course, it may be possible that the actual head sculpt wasn't ready in time and Hot Toys simply stuck one on the Hudson body to have something to show!

Last edited:
Yeah, they've been having "issues" with heads on this line. The Apone head looked more like a Frost head as Andy B noted and the Hudson head is def a generic they swapped for another generic for the SDCC display...

Back