Hot Toys 12" Aliens Ripley Drake & Frost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ripley could use a better paint job but overall looks great. Hudson..........ugh. I hope there's someone out there that'll do a Hudson sculpt otherwise I might pass. Drake is off too, but it's a better sculpt then what appears to be reuse with the Hudson head sculpt (I swear I've seen that sculpt from HT before).
I can't wait to see what the other three HT figures are. One might be the flashback Predator we've seen elsewhere. The other two I hope are the Preds from the first and second movies. :D

After looking at Drake again, if you lose the mustache he almost kinda looks like Bishop imo, especially around the eyes.

I think it's kind of funny now this thread reads Ripley Drake and "Frost", that's how confusing/ridiculous that head is...

Wor-Gar said:
Where's the 360's of these guys? It says go to the interactive booth to see 360s. But not for HT?

I think these samples may have come in too close to the Con to get a QTVR processed in time. We will have QTVR's of MOST of the new stuff, but not all, depending on when the prototypes were finished/samples received.. For those that do have the 360s, it's like your own personal interactive product cam :)

Well, I'll have to get the Ripley... and now I guess is the time to get the Hicks too. Unfortunately, I'm a bit on the broke side, but I now know the line is definitely worth collecting. And I bet the Ripley will look right once the figure is shipped.. I remember Vasquez looked really white in the proto, but seems to be much better once in hand.

galactiboy said:
Well, I'll have to get the Ripley... and now I guess is the time to get the Hicks too. Unfortunately, I'm a bit on the broke side, but I now know the line is definitely worth collecting. And I bet the Ripley will look right once the figure is shipped.. I remember Vasquez looked really white in the proto, but seems to be much better once in hand.

I would def recommend getting a Dwayne to go with Ellen...

galactiboy said:
Hmm... the line worth collecting? Yes perhaps. But to be honest, at this point, Ripley is the only figure from that line that truly convinces me. I have the AVP Alien warrior on order, but would be more pleased with an original Alien (me no like AVP). The other characters (Hicks, Apone, ect.) don't look like the actors IMO. So... at this point, 't's only Ripley and the Alien.

I'm just glad someone did this line to begin with. It will look great when you have a gaggle of Marines on the shelf with some 16" Alien Warrior.

The head sculpts do leave a lot to be desired, but I know in time I will replace probably every HT Marine head they got. With the FL Apone, the whole figure goes up several notches.

Re: Hot Toys 12" Aliens Ripley Drake & "Hudson"

captain sack said:
you dreamed Shirley McClain and orlando bloom were in aliens?:rotfl

"Ah, they have eyes but cannot see" :lol

Guess you weren't with us for the entirety of the Wor-Gar Aliens Ripley thread, there were about 30 of us hoping HT would do Ripley as pictured...

And they did! As for the others some of the more hard-core Aliens collectors were hoping we'd see more Marines b/c we can always replace the head with a custom and voila!, movie magic! And some of us did with Apone (who did you say he looked like? :D ) but the outfit and detail on these HT Aliens are next to none so cheers to announcing that a HT Ellen Ripley is for real.

def a dream come true...

Last edited:
Man, I am soo hurt.. Ripley is awesome, but c'mon.... WTF is with Hudson?? I mean, it's obvious that it's him.. he has the cloth cover on his helmet and the skull... it's got to be. But damn that sculpt!!!

And Drake looks Hispanic?!! I say....WTF again??!?!?!

Oh well, the costume is there.... guess I have to learn how to sculpt heads as well.... I WILL have a servicable Hudson, even if I have to commision a sculpt from somewhere!!!!

I smell a new Campaign!!!!:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

DarkArtist81 said:
Man, I am soo hurt.. Ripley is awesome, but c'mon.... WTF is with Hudson?? I mean, it's obvious that it's him.. he has the cloth cover on his helmet and the skull... it's got to be. But damn that sculpt!!!

And Drake looks Hispanic?!! I say....WTF again??!?!?!

Oh well, the costume is there.... guess I have to learn how to sculpt heads as well.... I WILL have a servicable Hudson, even if I have to commision a sculpt from somewhere!!!!

I smell a new Campaign!!!!:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Hey Josh, were ya been...yeah Hudson looks like pur crap, butlike you said the costume is perfect and you can always commision a head.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Hmm... the line worth collecting? Yes perhaps. But to be honest, at this point, Ripley is the only figure from that line that truly convinces me. I have the AVP Alien warrior on order, but would be more pleased with an original Alien (me no like AVP). The other characters (Hicks, Apone, ect.) don't look like the actors IMO. So... at this point, 't's only Ripley and the Alien.

Well, the point is, nowadays it's pretty easy to get custom headsculpts, and the outfit on these figures is well nigh perfect, so it's a dream come true for Alien fans.

EDIT: Oh, and these figures kick all kinds of butt! I'm going to get them all! How far can a warrior from Aliens be?

Back