Hot Toys 12" Aliens Ripley Drake & Frost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjam

Here on the Perimeter
Reaction score
Hot Toys 12" Aliens Ripley Drake & "Hudson"

Behold, the dream has become a reality

072206aliens_01.jpg

Last edited:
i'm still not sold on Ripley yet, but if this will be the best as of right now, I might get it.

Batty said:
I will definitely get Ripley. :chew

We will see Ripley display pics from SDCC and I will buy her and maybe Drake. Most Toy dealers anticipate Ripley will sell out very quickly, depending on ES.

Hell Yeah, I'm gettin's a Ripley!
Can you say repaint!

Looks good to me! Face features are really close!
Let's see Hudson though! Must have Hudson! And Bishop...and Newt. Next round...

Figuremaster Les said:
Hell Yeah, I'm gettin's a Ripley!
Can you say repaint!

Looks good to me! Face features are really close!
Let's see Hudson though! Must have Hudson! And Bishop...and Newt. Next round...

Totally, I don't even think the repaint will be all that extensive, must see some close-ups of her displayed first, maybe as soon as tomorrow!

She'll probably look more like this (pic first posted by Wor-Gar many eons ago) which I dig just fine...

Ripley-hottoys.jpg

Last edited:
Also looks like Drake will have the smart gun as the eyepiece indicates, so although there's no Hudson, I'm betting the next three could be Hudson, Gorman and Bishop!

Any ideas on where to find a sixth scale brown jacket for Ripley?

Over at the Interactive booth the caption reads Ripley,Drake and Hudson :rotfl (You got to be kidding)

Ripleys gonna sell like hot cakes...If you want this one you better not wait long or I think you'll be out of luck...I'am not 100% on the likeness, but for HT I think its looks pretty damn good.

It`s the Dry Heat.

More likely to be Frost:rotfl

I.jpg

Last edited:
Wor-Gar said:
That "Frost" does look like he has the skull deco on his chest plate though...

I think its time for a Lonnie head swap.

I hope it's a good one... maybe HT will correct the "Hudson" head once the backlash sets in @ SDCC, these figs probably won't be released till 4 qtr or 1st qtr 07 more likey so there is time.

Not too thrilled with the FL Hicks head, passed on it all together, just happy we have a Ripley. :D

Yeah, I can't figure out what the deal is with that John Waters mustache. Where did they get that from?

I have to believe it's a likeness rights issue that's behind all of the vague to downright unrecognizable likenesses in this line.

Wor-Gar said:
They gave Drake a moustache too. Must be a HT thing. To avoid rights.

I don't mimd Drake too much, at least they got his race correct, these heads may have rights issues but they could easily do a better generic character heads (like Drake) for the other characters...

Back