Hot Toys 12" Aliens Ripley Drake & Frost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong, I love the hot toys Alien figures, and the armor and accessories are really beyond anything I have ever seen with toys period, but I am a little sad that the head sculpts are as generic as they are. Everything from the neck down is amazing, and while the heads are serviceable, they could be so much better!

I floated the idea of a 1/6 scale HT queen a little while ago, but it seemed unfeasable (The James Cameron crew describes her as 14 feet tall, so I guess it would be a lttle over two feet tall - not to mention her gigantic tail), but now that Ripley is coming out, do you think HT may make the Power Loader. Given the care they put into crafting the armor and accessories for their lines, they would be a perfect fit!

Seaward said:
I floated the idea of a 1/6 scale HT queen a little while ago, but it seemed unfeasable (The James Cameron crew describes her as 14 feet tall, so I guess it would be a lttle over two feet tall - not to mention her gigantic tail), but now that Ripley is coming out, do you think HT may make the Power Loader. Given the care they put into crafting the armor and accessories for their lines, they would be a perfect fit!

You know, with Sideshow doing a 1/6th JABBA, I now believe in miracles... anything is possible... even an Alien Queen!

Seaward said:
...now that Ripley is coming out, do you think HT may make the Power Loader. Given the care they put into crafting the armor and accessories for their lines, they would be a perfect fit!

I don't see why not, afterall, HT IS releasing a 15" 1/6 scale ED-209 from 'Robocop', so a 1/6 Power-Loader seems ENTIRELY possible to me. Let's hope so!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Indiana Fett said:
I don't see why not, afterall, HT IS releasing a 15" 1/6 scale ED-209 from 'Robocop', so a 1/6 Power-Loader seems ENTIRELY possible to me. Let's hope so!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

I like the way you think IF, a sixth scale PL and a 30" Alien Queen... and a FL Custom Hudson Mikey repaint and a severable Bishop and Newt w/Casey and Gorman and an Aliens Warrior and a new Alien license with the gang and a milkhead Ash and ... and... and...

An "ALIENS" sequel!

Heck, I really won't be happy with any Alien toy line until we get Dan Hedaya from Alien Resurrection, complete with furry shoulders!

The power loader seems like a perfect marriage for hot toys though. While the face sculpts that came with the initial wave of Aliens were passable, the quality of all the guns is beyond amazing. I can't stop looking at all the gear that they come with, and they are nice and solid feeling too, not just cheap plastic.

I still believe an alien queen is possible.
These are modle kits/snap kits, so the queen can be packaged disassembled and the box wouldn't be that much bigger than a Predator box.

These are up for pre-order. I want Ripley, should I order now or wait for other retailers who might have it cheaper? I have a feeling she'll be one of the fastest selling Aliens figures.

Batty said:
These are up for pre-order. I want Ripley, should I order now or wait for other retailers who might have it cheaper? I have a feeling she'll be one of the fastest selling Aliens figures.

I agree, Ripley will sell out fast. PM sent...

I'm excited for these!

I'm pre-ordering all three as well as John J. Rambo from First Blood. If Alter-Ego Comics has sells these for 15% off, I'll get them from Marc instead. That way if Ripley sells out, I will at least have one on order.

Just order Ripley, Drake and Hudson. They all looked much better on the Comic-Con floor. Ripley's paint job is 100% better and Hudson is the right nationality (he doesn't look exactly like "Big Love" but close enough so that fans of the film will recognize him.

Drake also looks MUCH MUCH better in person, he is using the muscle suit they used on Rambo and it looks great.

I also ordered the Elder Predator with the Alien head on the stick. This may be the best Predator yet. Do I sound like I'm excited enough about this line? Even though the heads could be better, that all look extremely good together.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
I'm hoping Hot Toys gets the AVP line out of their system so we can get a classic Predator.

Now, that's what I'm talking about! :rock2

An "Aliens" Alien too!

pjam said:
Now, that's what I'm talking about! :rock2

An "Aliens" Alien too!
I'm with you there. After much deliberation, I decided to pass on the AVP Alien. I won't hesitate a second if they do an Aliens version.

Back