Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was thrown in with two other pieces I had bought. The knee was busted and I have since fixed it. It was also missing all of the accessories and his gauntlets and hands. I found a set of gauntlets for him now I’m just working on the dang smell and his batarangs and grappling gun. I didn’t realize there was also an unmasked head that came with it.

The first sentence got cut out:

I can’t return it. I got it for a ridiculous price ($2)
I’m just trying to to restore it.

It was thrown in with two other pieces I had bought. The knee was busted and I have since fixed it. It was also missing all of the accessories and his gauntlets and hands. I found a set of gauntlets for him now I’m just working on the dang smell and his batarangs and grappling gun. I didn’t realize there was also an unmasked head that came with it.

You could have easily found that kind of information on Hot Toys' official website.

Could I possibly be the only guy that bought a used DK from a smoker?
I tried the dryer sheets. Only helped a little.

Will vinegar damage the latex armor?

Also does anyone know an online retailer that sells parts for these?
I nee the grappling gun and alternate hands.

No, don't put anything on the figure it will only mask the odor, not get rid of it.

You need a Rubbermaid container large enough to hold the figure with a lid. Buy a box of Arm and Hammer baking soda, put both the figure and the opened box of baking soda in the container. Put the lid on and leave it for a few days. The baking soda should absorb any odors. I have done this quite a few times with success.

Funny, I "had to have" that new OC Batman prior to SDCC. Now, after all the great announcements, I'm totally happy with this version again... The new Wayne sculpt is awesome but I can definitely do without it.

Same situation here, I really think I can do without the new version, I have the current one and I'm happy with it still.

But the new one looks so cool.:gah:

Thanks BustaJesse. I’ll try that tomorrow.

@Evilface I had planned on selling it but it’s too cool.

@mmurrer That’s where I saw the complete boxed set

Man I finally saw this version in person today and cannot wait to get the the newer version. This figure just looks so awesome!

i was originally planning to keep this figure AND get the new bruce wayne one, because ive always loved the survival suit look, ad wanted to display both... now i ust dont know, im trying to buy a house, and te down payment is going to kill me, trying to figure out if i can justify having both...
is anyone even still looking for this figure? or would it be a waste to sell it?

Thanks!

Most definitely going to try and get the Exclusive! Wouldn't pass it up. I'm trying to get all the Nolan Batman figures. Just missing Joker DX and Harvey Dent. So whatever they put out for Nolan's Batman i will definitely be buying.

I was originally just going to stick to Nolan's Batman, but I gave in and bought Captain America because I think that figure has some of the nicest details HT's has done so far. And thought the movie was great!

And I plan on getting the 89 Batman pieces hopefully. I really liked 89 Batman when I was a little kid, and HT made the Batmobile, so I don't want to pass it up.

The only other non-Batman one I'm thinking about is Reeve's Superman.

Do you collect a wide variety?

Good choice PO-ing Cap.:wink1:

Yup, actually I started off as a IM Mark III fan and from then on, I became a completist in IM then it branch out in other movie lines (Batman, Terminator, Predator, etc.). In short, I became addicted :panic:

actually decided to switch CapAmerica for Reeve's Superman Exclusive. Superman I & II are two of my favorite movies of all time. They are classics and I just couldn't pass it up the Reeve's Superman. And I am more of a Superman fan than CapAmerica...But Cap is a great figure, one of the best I think they have made. But i had to chose one and I switched it for Superman.

The only others I may get are the Burton 89's. Batmobile, Batman and Joker. and if they ever do Catwoman I would get her as well.

But next year will be big year once all the TDKR stuff comes out. So i need to save my $$ for those.

If you decide to get Cap in the future, you can still get him in his Avengers' version so no biggie if you didn't get the WWII version.:wink1:

Looking forward to Batman '89 & TDKR lines too! :slap

It's all about the cowl. I see the cowl as the definitive Batman look. Those who prefer the TDK suit often point to how it's far more practical and they dig the military aesthetic. Cowl FTW :rock

Back