Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is not the Original Costume Batman this thread is all about, it is the Batman Begins Batman which was released when Batman Begins came out...

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_072606b.htm

So obviously it was a completely different figure with no extra head and a horrible headsculpt. Hot Toys has come a long way in terms of quality in the last few years...

This thread is about the TDK Original Costume Batman figure.

It is not the Original Costume Batman this thread is all about, it is the Batman Begins Batman which was released when Batman Begins came out...

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_072606b.htm

So obviously it was a completely different figure with no extra head and a horrible headsculpt. Hot Toys has come a long way in terms of quality in the last few years...

This thread is about the TDK Original Costume Batman figure.

wow.........I'm shocked and speachless that HT was so......ghetto in its early years lol.

i'm just curious, what would be the best price to find right now for this figure, if it was in mint condition? (i'm dying to get one) i'm guessing like a $250-$350 range?

still curious.....:eek:

and yea, the original begins batman's head looked awful. thank god they came out with this figure!

Well I paid $300 shipped for mine. But I also got another one to part out with other members here for $280 shipped. I just saw another one go for $247 on ebay and another for $290. So I'd say somewhere between $260-$300 is about fair. But that's only for a complete in box one. If it's loose and missing parts then that's a completely different story.

What do you guys think of a loose OC Batman with missing parts. Like if it was missing a head since thats the most common piece to be missing.

You got it before it became mega hard to obtain.

wow, talk about right place....right time. The funny thing is I was on the fence at first about OC Bats. In the end the only reason I decided to get him was because I wanted my 1st issue Joker (who I was GAGA over) to have some one to fight.

Little did I know that in less than a years time my $160 investment would explode to nearly $400 value :joy

SWEET :naughty

Yeah like I said. The OC Batmans are highly sought after but they are not that expensive. They are affordable if you are patient.

Re: Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pi

A little necro love for this Gorgeous figure. LOVE Mine.

Couple shots of the capes I made today. The first one I made by copying Takara's. The second I did the same thing, but since I've got a slight Kelley Jones fetish, I made it twice as large. I just love Batman having a damn massive cape.

bats2.jpg

bats1.jpg

In bright lighting, the material has a bit of a shine to it around the edges and folds, as you can see, but in low and natural lighting, it looks amazing. It's actually quite comparable to the material they used in the film, too. The closest I've found so far. It's flocked on the outside and matte on the inside, drapes wonderfully, and only ran $9.99 a yard at my local fabric store. I may go back to see if I can find another flocked material with a little less shine to it in bright lighting, but I'm very happy with how this turned out.

Re: Hot Toys- MMS 67 - The Dark Knight - 1/6th BATMAN (Original Costume) full spec+pi

Gotta agree with you. It was my first 1/6 figure purchase, and even though I've since added figures like the Godfather, BR/V.1 Joker, and Iron Man to the collection, this figure still stands out as the absolute best.

What did you do with the triangle things on him, did you take them off and reglue them in the proper place or did you just leave them stock

Ah, screw it. Just made one using the Hot Toys' TDK cape as a template, only I increased the wingspan by about 1/3. The hardest part was ripping the old cape off. Looks great now, thanks for the push. :)

Back