Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once the DX Joker hits my doorstep I will never even think about adding another DK figure to my collection. DX Batman? I have, and am quite happy with, the first version.

As far as the Original Suit Batman goes, it's perfect.... So Edward, if you ever pop the head off of one I'll be glad to take it off your hands. I have no clue what I would do with it since mine has its own head but that just shows you how nice I think it is....

So Flosi you have the Batman Begins one or the TDK: Original Costume? Besides the head sculpt what's the difference?

So Flosi you have the Batman Begins one or the TDK: Original Costume? Besides the head sculpt what's the difference?

The Hot Toys BB figure's suit was not all rubber like the TDK OC suit is. It had fabric parts, similar to DCD's BB attempt. Also, the emblem on the original release was shiny and stood out, while the TDK OC's emblem blends in with the rest of the suit (movie accurate). So really the biggest difference is the all-rubber suit and of course the headsculpt.

B: ...burn it??? TOTAL waste of money :monkey4

You're an idiot

Here are two photos, one showing the HT and takara cowled head, and one showing the HT and takara uncowled head.

As you can clearly see, the takara looks like a POS next to the HT one.

jual5h.jpg

wcbn1t.jpg

Those photos are crap. everything looks like a POS in those pics

Last edited by a moderator:
That Takara Bruce head is worse than I remember ha.

It really is horrible, it's as if they took a hasbro mould, and then used the hell out of it, and decided to remould ken heads in it

Last edited by a moderator:
The Takara Bats was the second 1/6 figure I bought. Never thought it would be beat, until HT second attempt at the suit obliterated it.

It's an outstanding and iconic piece. Those who feel the DX02 might be/will be better could be right as far as the technical aspects of the figure are concerned, but it's hard to top TDK Original suit in terms of overall visual. It's a bad ass, 10/10, perfect 1/6 masterpiece. That's my two cents...

The Takara Bats was the second 1/6 figure I bought. Never thought it would be beat, until HT second attempt at the suit obliterated it.

If HT didn't redo, it would still be the best Begins figure out. Had I had any inclination HT might revisit the Begins costume, I wouldn't have bought the Takara on the reissue, but at the time, it was my chance to get the best Begins figure.

Sure there was the make money aspect, but I really believe HT went back and did the Begins costume again because they wanted to have the best Begins figure out there and knew they were capable. If it were all about money, they'd have released it with a larger ES because there are many that didn't get it who happily would buy it.

I have the Hot Toys Batman Bust and as great as it looks, I just wish it would grow arms and legs.
I am constantly kicking myself for missing out on this figure.
Oh well, I least I will have the DX Batman to console me. Problem is that feels like its decades away

The bust surprised me, i figured at 1/4 scale it'd look even better, but the head on the 1/6 is more accurrate and better looking.

Small request/question:

The right peg that connects the fist to the arm is loose on my OC Batman. It doesn't fall out on it's own all the time, (just once actually) but it takes virtually nothing to pull it out. I don't plan on switching the hands all that much....is there something I can use to perhaps tighten the connection somewhat?

Thanks.

Back