Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bats3.jpg

bats4.jpg

Gonna take a bit to get used to, after having the other cape on him for so long.

On the Medicom, I just pulled the old one off, then stuffed the cape into the openings on the suit that the old one was attached to. Wasn't all that hard, actually...much easier than I'd anticipated.

So the new one isn't really attatched to it? or did you glue it or something, could you post a pic of what you did, because when I get my one I want to put a new cape on but am worried I will ruin it. Thanks

Hey thanks, Devil. I need to rearrange my setup but I'm so cramped for space I just can't do it. Plus these are my favorite figures, so I want them in my line of sight almost constantly.

Jesse: No, it's not attached. Any picture I take will be crap, so I'll see if I can describe it. Once you pull the cape off the Medicom, there will be two gaps that it was sealed into. These gaps are big enough that you can just take the neck of the cape and stuff it into them. Once you stuff it in far enough, it won't budge unless you pull on it. It's easy to take out and put back in, just in case you need to. Basically the neck of the cape has a U. You take each corner of the U and stuff it into the gap. And voila, the cape's attached. I used a fingernail file (it was the only thing handy) to stuff the cape into the gaps.

Thanks cr0w, hopefully when I get it I wont be to afraid to do it haha, the medicom one is stitched on isnt it? I think I'm going to be using a cape off an old hasbrow vader, it's the only thing I have handy that looks alright

It's stitched to a small piece of plastic that is attached to a little peg inside the gap. Pull the cape up, it'll separate the plastic, then you can just put something small in to pry it out of the gap.

Hey thanks, Devil. I need to rearrange my setup but I'm so cramped for space I just can't do it. Plus these are my favorite figures, so I want them in my line of sight almost constantly.

It's funny, your set up (at least to me) is as recognizable as the "Desk Guy" from ToyWorld. :lol

Interesting capes. Wish I went this route from the very beginning but I have too many capes as it is that would end up just a waste.

Oh sorry for all the questions but I have 1 more xD, regarding the original costume bats, with his cape, is it possible to remove the cape without removing the clips and then put, lets say the takara cape on him? Thanks

Would anyone who has swapped out OC bats' cape mind posting step by step instructions, possibly with pictures? I would really appreciate it! I'm due to receive one of lforigno's custom capes in a few days and with all the "breaking" and "gluing" I'm hearing regarding the process it's making me a little nervous :google

There's a thread around here that has people talking about it. It was a Batman Begins thread too. I was looking for it before but couldn't find it. I posted in one of these threads asking for it. I dont think we're going to find it.

Ok maybe this'll help you guys out.

spa0204ef2.jpg

It is possible to remove the triangles.. but like cr0w said not always. Some people (like Sachiel) have had zero problems removing them.

The pegs plug into a disk, which are glued to the inside of the suit. The disk has a hole in the middle. I used a small screw driver, stuck it into the hole and popped the pegs out that way. Very carefully so not to accidentally scratch the suit when it came out.

Others (like Magnuz) had to break them to remove them.

The cape on the begins suit isn't meant to be removed, technically the clasps have pegs that snap into discs on the inside of the suit, and they can be removed, but its also very likely you'll break the peg trying to do it. When i removed my cape to replace it one popped out clean the other broke. I wouldn't recommend it if you want to attach it back the way it was.

And then others (like cr0w) almost damaged the suit rubber in the process to get the pegs off. So it all depends. For the people who removed them with no problems, they simply made holes in their replacement capes (similar to the holes in the stock cape) and popped the pegs back in place. If the pegs wouldn't hold, they glued them back into place for a secure fit.

Then there's this mod:

Magnuz said:
nbeginscape2.jpg

I popped (out) and removed (both) the pegs and glued them to the cowl in the proper spot since where they (are at) on the figure is too high, and then tuck the cape.

nbeginscape3.jpg

I just tuck the cape into the suit and then pop the head on, this snugs it down but allows for adjustment and keeps the cape easily removable.

So no gluing when it comes to the cape. You just glue the pegs to the cowl in the proper spot (accurate tot he film suit) and then you tuck the cape into the neck opening and pop the head sculpt on TOP of that.

Hope this helps.

Back