Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
honestly I'd be surprised. The original suit Batman is considered a near perfect figure by many already, whereas the TDK suit first release got a lot of mixed reviews. Not to say that wouldnt be awesome, but I dont see what really they could improve on aside from the PERS system and different mouth expressions...

Yeah, but im sure alot of people missed out on him and really want him, I know I am definatley one of them, I reckon they could throw in a newly sculpted bruce wayne head and a nice new suit for him and some new accessories, a better cape thats removable without a big hassle the pers and the mouth pieces. I would buy that in a instant

The only way I see HT doing another Begins costume figure, DX or otherwise, is if they decide to dive into the Begins license again and produce a Ra's and other figures from that film, otherwise, I think TDK Batman is the last Nolan Batman figure they'll be doing until the next movie.

:duh

no kidding? it's called sarcasm. the quality of the takara batman head and the quality of the medi joker head are both cheap looking ???? compared to the realistic looking hot toys heads...did i really have to explain that to you? :google

I know I was playing along :duh :duh :duh :duh :duh

Maybe to you the Takara looks cheap not to me. People like you could be handed the actual batman shrunk down to 12 inch size and you'd still find fault with it.

As for the Medi Joker, I agree.......it does look like total utter ???? (I have it so yeah I'm thinking of burning it or repainting it.)

I'd like them to revist Begins. I agree the Joker thing has run its course now, but, there are some cool characters/costumes in Begins that have never gotten 1/6 treatment that should. I'd like a Ra's, training costume versions of Ra's and Bruce, maybe with some miraculous luck, Gordon.

Does anyone think there "might" be a DX Original costume bats? I really hope there is, that would be cool with pers and the interchangable mouth pieces. But if i had the original i wouldn't be saying this since I missed out on it lolz

I hope there will be a DX. HT could improve on the cape, cowl, and Bruce Wayne sculpt. Maybe could include the ninja costume too? :D

The neck is not too long, there is nothing wrong with the suit..bunch of sallys!! this IS the best Hot Toys TDK figure and of THE best Hot Toys figures made.

A HT Keaton Batman would hit the spot.

Agreed. I'd rather have the Returns armor than the 89' one IMO. They could even do something similar to the Battle Damaged Iron Man and have two chestplates(one for each movie). More than that though, I would kill for a HT 89-92 1/6 Batmobile.

You need 2 different figures for 89 and Returns, the cowls were quite different, and if done right, the Returns would actually have a tint of silver to all the armor with the 89 being a pure black. They're 2 quite distinct suits. I'd take them both if done right, and yeah, a 1/6 89 Batmobile would be awesome.

So I just got my TDK:OC Batman and when I took it out of the box one of the claws on the gauntlet fell off. I went to glue it back with superglue and the superglue exploded on it getting glue all over outter part of the gauntlet where it is most noticeable. Does anyone have an extra gauntlet they would be willing to part with or does anyone know how to get the glue off? I tried goo gone but that doesnt work. And I'm afraid to use nail polish remover in fear it might damage the gauntlet.

You need 2 different figures for 89 and Returns, the cowls were quite different, and if done right, the Returns would actually have a tint of silver to all the armor with the 89 being a pure black. They're 2 quite distinct suits. I'd take them both if done right, and yeah, a 1/6 89 Batmobile would be awesome.

It's funny how you say that. It's kind of the way the Nola films went. Near enough jet black for the Begins suit. Traces of grey for TDK due to the kevlar parts.

I always loved the cowl for Returns more than the first. It still looks timeless. The way it indents to the head in front of the ears.

Batman_060724023738235_wideweb__300x200,1-755573.jpg

As the 89 suit looks dated but I really liked the body armour.

So I just got my TDK:OC Batman and when I took it out of the box one of the claws on the gauntlet fell off. I went to glue it back with superglue and the superglue exploded on it getting glue all over outter part of the gauntlet where it is most noticeable. Does anyone have an extra gauntlet they would be willing to part with or does anyone know how to get the glue off? I tried goo gone but that doesnt work. And I'm afraid to use nail polish remover in fear it might damage the gauntlet.

I was just reading up on that.

Acetone
Your good old nail polish remover. This chemical supposedly eats up super glue (it’s some kind of plastic). So dab it on, wait for the super glue to soften, then dab it off quickly before it dries up again. For fabrics, you can use acetone then try to brush it off with an old toothbrush.

Don’t use this on 1) sensitive fabric 2) plastic (would melt the plastic too!) and 3) varnishes and other finishes.

However before I put any superglue near anything. I always test it on a bit of tissue paper so nothing shoots out. It always does. Then once ready I dab any on a toothpick type of thing.

That is another thing I hate about superglue. Is how it crystalizes. Thats why I started using proper modeling glue. Enough to stick but if anything does show it dries the same colour as the surface I'm sticking it to. Revell Contacta.

https://paint-and-supplies.hardwarestore.com/50-272-super-glue/super-glue-remover-140962.aspx

I like the facial structure on the Returns cowl, the benefit of better budget, but one thing I don't like about Returns compared to 89 is the ears, it's almost a pure straight line from the top of the ear down into the shoulders, if you're looking at him from the front on. There are shots of the 89 where this edge has a more curved look to it, especially as the ears come off the head, and I really like that, it's more animal like. I like Batman cowls where the ears have an animal look to them in silhouette and don't look like a costume, which is what the Schumacher cowls looked like.

I was just reading up on that.
Acetone
Your good old nail polish remover. This chemical supposedly eats up super glue (it’s some kind of plastic). So dab it on, wait for the super glue to soften, then dab it off quickly before it dries up again. For fabrics, you can use acetone then try to brush it off with an old toothbrush.

Don’t use this on 1) sensitive fabric 2) plastic (would melt the plastic too!) and 3) varnishes and other finishes.

However before I put any superglue near anything. I always test it on a bit of tissue paper so nothing shoots out. It always does. Then once ready I dab any on a toothpick type of thing.

That is another thing I hate about superglue. Is how it crystalizes. Thats why I started using proper modeling glue. Enough to stick but if anything does show it dries the same colour as the surface I'm sticking it to. Revell Contacta.

https://paint-and-supplies.hardwarestore.com/50-272-super-glue/super-glue-remover-140962.aspx

It says that it's bad for plastic so should I not use it on the gauntlet??

I know I was playing along :duh :duh :duh :duh :duh

Maybe to you the Takara looks cheap not to me. People like you could be handed the actual batman shrunk down to 12 inch size and you'd still find fault with it.

As for the Medi Joker, I agree.......it does look like total utter ???? (I have it so yeah I'm thinking of burning it or repainting it.)

A: <object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/mkO87mkgcNo"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/mkO87mkgcNo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>
:monkey3

B: ...burn it??? TOTAL waste of money :monkey4

Would rather HT movie on to other things. All Batmaned out. Especially Joker.

Once the DX Joker hits my doorstep I will never even think about adding another DK figure to my collection. DX Batman? I have, and am quite happy with, the first version.

As far as the Original Suit Batman goes, it's perfect.... So Edward, if you ever pop the head off of one I'll be glad to take it off your hands. I have no clue what I would do with it since mine has its own head but that just shows you how nice I think it is....

Last edited:
Here are two photos, one showing the HT and takara cowled head, and one showing the HT and takara uncowled head.

As you can clearly see, the takara looks like a POS next to the HT one.

jual5h.jpg

wcbn1t.jpg

Last edited:
Back