Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tire seems fixable, I think you can put the tire back into the wheel ...

i had this problem too, both the front wheels! But I just ignore them since these are not that obvious...I still feel the pain though :(

All of the Batmmobiles have the same paint errors as seen in photo 1. These are spots where they used too much paint. It is a factory error. You will not find any without these. But that tire looks damaged.

Where did all this paint talk start?... ¬_¬

It isn't paint, Riko. It is black plastic processed in the matte finish. That is why the polystyrene rubbing against it on some peoples was actually buffing it up from the friction in transit. It marks extremely easy.

Just to clarify, when I checked and fixed these marks it was never fingerprints. It was the polystyrene packaging pressing onto the plastic marking it. Causing it to appear at first thinking it was thumb prints. The way the packaging was done causing imprinting of the dotted pattern into it. Really isn't the best of packaging for protecting it for looks. Done more harm than good. Most if not all depending on how long this had happened during transit most came out with luke warm water and a soft cloth. Other marks I had to fix up with matte weathering kits to take the shine out from the pressure of the lid to the plastic. The polystyrene isn't soft enough to protect it. It alone is like a firm soft plastic (but not soft enough) in a way causing that rubbing/buffing effect.

dscf7301.jpg

Just a heads up to anyone looking to get their hands on one of these bad boys in the UK especially ..play.com have them in stock! i got a nice surprise this morning when the delivery man knocked on my door. Nothing can prepare you for how HUGE!! this thing really is though :horror

Just a heads up to anyone looking to get their hands on one of these bad boys in the UK especially ..play.com have them in stock! i got a nice surprise this morning when the delivery man knocked on my door. Nothing can prepare you for how HUGE!! this thing really is though :horror

Exactly. The UPS driver was even curious what was in the box. I am still trying to find a permanent parking spot for this thing.

From the examinations I've been able to give mine the only real problem area is the side panels around where the battery compartment is - theres a few noticeable scratches and a spilt glue mark that Toys2 warned me about. However I can live with that. The windows have some white glue residue on the edges and one bit in the middle of one window pane. Mine happily doesn't have the scuff marks on the top panels as those were my primary concern due to the prominent and visible location.

Must check the wheels again actually but I don't think there was any problems there.

Other observations:

-The interior is coated in dust.
-The exterior seems to immediately attract little airborne hairs
-the door doesn't quite close properly down at the front, as others have said there is a little gap
-opening&closing the door panels is a slight worry, its hard to conceive the panels won't get scratched during the process.
-This thing is big! Its true, no comparison photos can quite prepare you.

... The windows have some white glue residue on the edges and one bit in the middle of one window pane. ...

I was able to remove almost all of the white residue simply using Q-Tip and some lens cleaners that I had from optical store (which should be an extremely mild soap). For the edges where the Q-Tip can't get into I used toothpicks to gently scratch away the residue but turns out at least on the plastic for the tinted window the toothpick would do quite a good job without actually scratching the window surface itself :rolleyes:

I could imagine it being very hard to keep the details and quality up on these, considering such a large scale piece, but for the price, i'd want it perfect

I could imagine it being very hard to keep the details and quality up on these, considering such a large scale piece, but for the price, i'd want it perfect

So because it's big, you can forgive the errors in the detailing?
That is bullcrap! Because the bigger something is, the more detailed they can (should) make it.

Have you ever seen a 1/18 scale car model from CMC? look it up on google, Mercedes SLR and look at the detailing on that.

So, I was very surprised to see cables hanging out, extreme gluebits on the inside of the windows etc etc. when I saw the first in hand pictures.

Unfortunately perfect it's impossible... It's impossible to don't have any defects with this kind of product. There are so many details and there will be always scratches or others... But I agree for this price we don't want a broken light. I understand people in anger for this! I entirely examine my tumbler and I'm very happy! This hot toys tumbler is amazing!

And we can't compare the bat-pod and the tumbler... The bat-pod is simple at side the tumbler because the tumbler contains so details and so materials...

just thowing a question here. I've read once that there was a limitation-number for the Tumbler. Does someone know what number that was?

That is bullcrap! Because the bigger something is, the more detailed they can (should) make it.

...and less mess. Easier to clean up from being so big.

Have you ever seen a 1/18 scale car model from CMC? look it up on google, Mercedes SLR and look at the detailing on that.

Which proves it's how skilled the model maker(s) are. I hope Hot Toys do improve. They have proved it so far with their figures.

So, I was very surprised to see cables hanging out, extreme gluebits on the inside of the windows etc etc. when I saw the first in hand pictures.

...and on the outside of the window trim as well!

As an example. You don't see excess glue all over this for something thats only 10cm long. They shouldn't have had a trace of it on something 29 inches long!

3331949472_2460683d81.jpg

I'm in no way slagging/criticizing Hot Toys. I really admire glancing over at the Tumbler everyday on my desk after I fixed most of the issues it arrived with. It's just the interior I have to eventually get around to fixing up. It'll be really nice. It truly is a beautiful display piece but I'll bet many people out there don't want the hassle or work to amend the flaws it arrived with.

Dude, where did i say it was forgivable and ok lol:confused: All i said was it would be hard, and i can imagine how hard it would be, i then went on to say it SHOULD be perfect, and had i been buying one, i'd WANT it perfect :duh Absolutely agree, shouldn't have these issues, but HT are so used to doing smaller scale stuff (overall) that they just aren't used to such a large scale detailing, it seems

Production number? Read a bit under 500. 478 or something.

That's not accurate; someone obviously mistook the "carton number" pencilled on the exterior shipping box as the production number. Mine reads "Carton Number 88 of 300", but I believe that only refers to the number of units shipped in that particular batch. No official release number has been made public, but it has to be way more than 478.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back