Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree way too over priced for something made entirely out of plastic, I have been collecting 1:18 scale model cars from the top companies in the industry (BBR, exoto and the lesser but still great autoart, kyosho) for a long time and this for that much money is a joke.

Still it does look sweet though :)

The difference is scale cars will always be made by some company. The Batpod or Tumbler will prolly never be offered in 1/6 scale again.

I agree way too over priced for something made entirely out of plastic, I have been collecting 1:18 scale model cars from the top companies in the industry (BBR, exoto and the lesser but still great autoart, kyosho) for a long time and this for that much money is a joke.

that may be, but the details on this hot toys plastic model are as good as the expensive metal scale facturies you summed up.

expensive scale things seems to be based not so on the material itself, but mainly of the level of detail.
I got a Back to The Future Delorean for about 55 euro's, scale 1:18. It's cool if you look at it from far, but when you look at it at close, it kinda feels cheap...(100% plastic interiour, no real detail, many stickers etc...)
and than on the other hand, I got this CMC 1:18 model of a SLR Mercedes https://www.leslie.co.nz/models/review_slr.htm
I paid about 170 euro for that (230 dollars) :horror
and the difference is all in the detailling when compared with the Delorean.

So actually I am not a bit surprised about the price of this Bat-Pod.
1) It's a big scale: 1/6
2) the detailing are already incredible when seen on pictures (cables, wires, rubber tires, some mesh, moveable triggers I've even heard etc)
3) and don't forget the working lights (those are the kind of details that make the price go up too)

But, this is 1:6 not 1:18.

It'll eat those cars.

OM NOM NOM

Is the pod pretty heavy? Does it feel like $300 in your hand or more like $19.99?

The heaviest thing about the Batpod are those massive rubber tires. Pretty much everything else is light plastic. It does look phenomenal though, can't seem to stop staring at it.

I am really thinking about picking up some AutoArt cars, the mad max interceptor and the LAPD cruiser look so cool, nice details on the interiors.

I am really thinking about picking up some AutoArt cars, the mad max interceptor and the LAPD cruiser look so cool, nice details on the interiors.

yeah, the mad max is very neat, I can assure you.

tdkfigureexuk5.jpg

Neat, is the cape itself quite rigid? surely its not just those 4 rods. That makes it all wavy?

Love how your lighting catches the neck detail. So glad I have this on order even though its a few months away. The pod sounds so wicked in the film.

Hi there,
Does anybody knows how much does the Bat Pod weights (box included)???
That's an important info for international customers like me :rolleyes:.
Thanks a lot guys

Nice work with the photos Agen, you're cranking out some beautiful visuals wit this thing and really capturing that feeling that all the pod sequences gave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back