Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don`t care what exact size it is. I want what is shown. Now I am gonna get me an beer and watch the SDCC videos on youtube and chill.
Advise others to do it also:wink1:

I just want the cockpit!

I doubt Monkey Depot or anyone else is going to part out a TIE fighter, but I know what you mean....just like the Falcon Cockpit. I'm afraid they may come out with Vader's TIE at some point and that might even be more popular and possibly easier to ship. Until we see a production model broken down we won't know how this thing goes together. They totally stung me with a 2nd version Delorean & Marty...I would have preferred the 2nd versions over the 1st...so I wish they gave more notice on what they plan to execute...but that will never happen either.

Can't you just buy the Falcon and put it in cone side down? (With the back on of course). That would be cheaper.

Jack, do you know the exact measurements on a 1/6th Falcon? Can you confirm there is no chance for it to be for sale?

It would be over somewhere between 20-25 ft long. Do I really need to confirm there will never be a full 1/6 Falcon...common sense confirms it ;) Same goes for Slave 1...

So everyone who says I am wrong about regular UPS read this and come back and still tell me I am wrong
What are the weight and size limits for shipping using UPS?

Remember at 1/6 the wings will be 59x54. A unprotected wing will have 167" before factoring the width of the wing and guess what that's too big. It can go UPS freight but that's not the same.

Not 1/6th

Thats pretty cool, Jack. People should be taking your word, you know what you are talking about. Not a true 1/6th TIE, but still looks cool.

This whole statement is wrong in so many ways. Comparing apples to oranges....

Exactly.

Jack, do you know the exact measurements on a 1/6th Falcon? Can you confirm there is no chance for it to be for sale?

Nobody said they "can't" do it, its just that more than likely they won't. You putting words into peoples mouth is really getting annoying.

There 1:1 Life Size figures did so poorly they were removed from there site for a time, there back now. All other 1:1 props are significantly smaller, by a lot. This Falcon is at most 4 feet... if that... which is much larger than most 1:1 props and much more complicated to ship.

I agree with the undersize though.

You really take the fun out of things. This thread is to enjoy the technical marvel of a large scale TIE Fighter. I'm sure many here don't care about the centimeters just the fact that this was made.

I feel pity for you that you're not able to enjoy life because of your obsessive compulsive behavior.

You really take the fun out of things. This thread is to enjoy the technical marvel of a large scale TIE Fighter. I'm sure many here don't care about the centimeters just the fact that this was made.

I feel pity for you that you're not able to enjoy life because of your obsessive compulsive behavior.

It's not a technical marvel. As a one of its a nice piece but people have built full scale ones not that's a technical marvel.

I can't believe I went through the whole thread! :google

I think that's a good idea. It could also be used as a Vader TIE cockpit--more versatility, more units sold, lower price (doubtful!).

Regardless, I would really want to have a significant cutaway section of it so you can really take in that gorgeous interior.

ec0c050781005ea83f8085015aef9468.jpg

This is something I might take into consideration :)

It would be over somewhere between 20-25 ft long. Do I really need to confirm there will never be a full 1/6 Falcon...common sense confirms it ;) Same goes for Slave 1...

Howard will have them on display at SDCC 2016 just to prove you wrong. :lol

I love it, but it's gigantic! A 1/12 or 1/16 would be an instant buy! X-Wing and Falcon too!

I think they will let SSC have the first take with their Pilot. HT will make them some day, but I think not too soon.

Sure seems like they are trying to not have competing figures on the market at the same time. So a HT Pilot will probably be some years off.

I just want the wings.

There's a hole in the garden that needs covering before someone twists their ankle.

:rotfl Get the 1/6 Falcon to cover those holes. Then your garden gnomes have a home

:lol. I just had to ask :lol :hi5:
So everyone who says I am wrong about regular UPS read this and come back and still tell me I am wrong
What are the weight and size limits for shipping using UPS?

Remember at 1/6 the wings will be 59x54. A unprotected wing will have 167" before factoring the width of the wing and guess what that's too big. It can go UPS freight but that's not the same.

:clap

:rotfl :lecture

It's not a technical marvel. As a one of its a nice piece but people have built full scale ones not that's a technical marvel.

Agree.

The Falcon would only cost around 15k to 25k for just the booth :lol

:lol

Will HT ever make a 1/6 scale Falcon? Maybe.
Would HT ever put a 1/6 Falcon into production? Never.

We've seen them create full size figures of the Avengers for a show, so it is possible they could make large scale figures of the Falcon and The X-Wing. But they just wouldn't sell them.
I'm still doubting they will sell this a Tie tbh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back