Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honey, you'll have to park your car in the driveway from now on. My TIE Fighter is parked in the garage. :lol

Wow, if this thing fell from my ceiling it would probably kill me.

Exactly. But it would be like your in the Rebel Alliance though cause if your in the Rebel Alliance, death by TIE Fighter is a definite possibility!

Oh noes... :panic: :panic: Maybe no $TBD means it will be free :lecture

Maybe it means
index.jpg

$Ten Biiillion Dollars

For anyone still doubting its 1/6, Gordon Ng shared this via FB:

News of coming ANI-COM 2015 - Hong Kong disclosed that a large diorama for Star Wars including 1/6 MILLENIUM FALCON 18 ft long x 12 ft wide x 4 ft height weight 1 tone, followed by two 1/6 TIE FIGHTERS with over 50 Stormtroopers re-creating the scene of MF landed and captured in Death Star

For anyone still doubting its 1/6, Gordon Ng shared this via FB:
So just because they say it's 1/6 makes it 100% right? If so I am God and since I have said it, it must be true.

they have been saying its 1/6 the whole time, we doubt that it's truly 1/6 scale wise. And the Falcon dimensions are off, it's not long enough, wide enough or high enough. By 1-2' for every dimension. So they can say it's 1/6 but it's technically not. So that also probably safe to say that yep the Tie isn't either as we have said the whole time.

It's a bit of a weird decision to produce a TIE fighter before an X-Wing or a Landspeeder. A Landspeeder is pretty much the same as the Falcon cockpit - "hero" display piece (and you therefore need to buy all those heroes) - and an X-Wing has a ladder for Luke X-Wing to stand on, R2 in the back, other heroes around Luke - but a TIE... just hides a single TIE pilot. Even Vader's TIE I could sort of understand with a new ANH Vader coming from HT.

It's mega-mega cool and heralds a new era in 1/6 collecting, but I'm not really following the logic of the TIE coming first.

It's a bit of a weird decision to produce a TIE fighter before an X-Wing or a Landspeeder. A Landspeeder is pretty much the same as the Falcon cockpit - "hero" display piece (and you therefore need to buy all those heroes) - and an X-Wing has a ladder for Luke X-Wing to stand on, R2 in the back, other heroes around Luke - but a TIE... just hides a single TIE pilot. Even Vader's TIE I could sort of understand with a new ANH Vader coming from HT.

It's mega-mega cool and heralds a new era in 1/6 collecting, but I'm not really following the logic of the TIE coming first.

Landspeeder, X-Wing, Vader's TIE...all in time :)

If they really do sell this TIE Fighter then other ships that are smaller like the Desert Skiff and Speeder Bike seem like they'd be guaranteed. A Snowspeeder isn't out of the question. Nor an A-Wing. Always loved those fighters. I'd want Green Leader of course with regular and screaming portraits.

So just because they say it's 1/6 makes it 100% right? If so I am God and since I have said it, it must be true.

they have been saying its 1/6 the whole time, we doubt that it's truly 1/6 scale wise. And the Falcon dimensions are off, it's not long enough, wide enough or high enough. By 1-2' for every dimension. So they can say it's 1/6 but it's technically not. So that also probably safe to say that yep the Tie isn't either as we have said the whole time.

I think its safe to say that unless the actor/character is exactly 6 feet tall, none of the "1:6 scale" figures produced are 'true' sixth scale. C'mon guys, they're essentially just toys.... bloody expensive toys. So, I'm not gonna quibble on weather it is 'true' sixth scale or not. I would rather just enjoy looking and collecting them.

Peace!

Makes sense to me. Relatively compact, 'easy' design and incredibly iconic. X-Wing is too big and would cost like $8k or something. Don't think we'll ever see that made. Landspeeder is probably only a matter of time but SSC would have dibs on it, I'd think, since we know they had it in development. Don't think HT would want to take it away from them even if their license technically would allow it.

I think its safe to say that unless the actor/character is exactly 6 feet tall, none of the "1:6 scale" figures produced are 'true' sixth scale. C'mon guys, they're essentially just toys.... bloody expensive toys. So, I'm not gonna quibble on weather it is 'true' sixth scale or not. I would rather just enjoy looking and collecting them.

Peace!

No kidding... so its 1:5.5 scale.. big deal. Its still cool as hell.

Back