Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be seriously tempted to get it if it actually was made. what is the largest vehicle HT has ever produced? And did it have an edition size? That may help gauge the likelihood of this actually being made.

I could not see more than 100 to 200 people having the interest/money/space for something like this.

I would be seriously tempted to get it if it actually was made. what is the largest vehicle HT has ever produced? And did it have an edition size? That may help gauge the likelihood of this actually being made.

This would be their largest and most ambitious undertaking to date and I disagree that having no precedent will in any way influence its release or sale. This is uncharted territory and there's only one way to find out if it works. HT is finally jumping in the thousand-dollar collectible pool and things are about to get interesting.

I could not see more than 100 to 200 people having the interest/money/space for something like this.
The Largest would be the bat. Now mind you that it was originally 1/6 and would still be about half the size of this if its truly 1/6 and then it was scaled down to 1/12.

wow... thats over $2000 .. but who has the space for such a thing !?!? :lol

I routinely see collections displayed on this site that run into the tens of thousands of dollars. The smaller ones are often still two to four grand in figures...so whatever this costs (within reason) as a true stand-alone piece it would be worth it, for me. I just wouldn't have anything else. Space-wise...yeah, I see that more of an issue than price.

This is ambitious to say the least. Looks awesome!

Seriously. Just look at that monster.

211s0u1.jpg

The size alone would keep me from ever buying this. It'll be heartbreaking if they do the same with an X-Wing.

I'm actually hoping they go "The Bat" route and eventually release a more practical 1/12 version.

The size alone would keep me from ever buying this. It'll be heartbreaking if they do the same with an X-Wing.

I'm actually hoping they go "The Bat" route and eventually release a more practical 1/12 version.

I can't ever see myself hoping for 1/12 when I can have 1/6 (to match all my figures).

There's a reason nobody wants The 1/12 $700 Bat right now. I think Howard learned his lesson.

Nah, if you're going to do it then do it in 1:6. I could see them doing an X-Wing if the TIE sells. That'd be my dream piece. Someone built a 1:6 X-Wing, it was posted on the boards somewhere, and I'd happily pay for that one.

I still want this although displaying it is a problem.

I am sorry, but this does not make sense to me. No company would blindly go and start producing anything. There is precedence already...sort of - if you look at the efx tie. Like I said earlier, it did not sell as well as most thought and it was much smaller and cheaper than this. And if HT, for whatever reason, did not move forward on another project which was much smaller...well that says something too.

And this would be a "multi-thousand" dollar purchase. Even if you had the money and interest, space would make it a no-go for many.

My hope is that a "scaled down" version will be produced. I still hope for a 1/6 landspeeder though.

This would be their largest and most ambitious undertaking to date and I disagree that having no precedent will in any way influence its release or sale. This is uncharted territory and there's only one way to find out if it works. HT is finally jumping in the thousand-dollar collectible pool and things are about to get interesting.

I don't know, people were saying things like a 1:6 Tumbler or a 1:6 DeLorean would never happen, cost thousands, etc and they did it. I have a real strong feeling IF HT actually sold this it wouldn't be as expensive as everyone thinks it would be. I could even see it having to be put together a bit with the wings, etc to keep shipping boxes smaller.

I don't know, people were saying things like a 1:6 Tumbler or a 1:6 DeLorean would never happen, cost thousands, etc and they did it. I have a real strong feeling IF HT actually sold this it wouldn't be as expensive as everyone thinks it would be. I could even see it having to be put together a bit with the wings, etc to keep shipping boxes smaller.

I'm thinking $1200 - $1500 before shipping.

Wow! It is 1/6 scale...how I know this is that its going to cost 1/6th of my life savings...just for the shipping alone!

I want!

Each wing would have to be in at least two pieces to make it even remotely shippable. But then I would be concerned on durability and how well they connect. Imagine years down the road the wings warp just a lil and now there is a gap. If it was scaled down to 1/8 it could fit a 1/6 figure and the wings could still be shipped as single pieces without requiring freight, but just barely.

It's a nice one off piece but that's it's.

Back