Hot Toys - 1/6 TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's huge. Looks great. But any of the "production" items at the show have placards that say what they are (name) and the scale, and the price (even if it's tba). This one just says tie fighter. And the other says sixth scale. So I am not sure it's full 1/6. The cockpit may be large enough for a figure. But I am unsure if it's full 1/6 correct scale.

Don't get me wrong it's AMAZING. Let's see if it makes it to production or is a show piece. Which they do all the time.

Edit-I was curious what the specs are for comparison..the full 1:1 is reported at like ten different sizes depending on where you get the numbers so I average..

H-25 ft
W-20.5ft
L-21 ft(a few places have it at 30feet...I went with the smaller ones)

So a 1/6 would be like 4.5x4x4 ish...

The bridge should be a larger percentage then it is I think. Should be around 1.6-2 times as big as it is....I think. So hard to tell without being there. Photos can be so deceiving..

Last edited:
This would be their largest and most ambitious undertaking to date and I disagree that having no precedent will in any way influence its release or sale. This is uncharted territory and there's only one way to find out if it works. HT is finally jumping in the thousand-dollar collectible pool and things are about to get interesting.

It's not unprecedented. That "test" was tried. It's resulted in a 1/6 bat becoming a 1/12 bat.

If it's 1/6-ish and a 12 inch figure can fit inside then damn....I don't mind if it's a little on the small side, most Kenner ships were smaller than they were supposed to be and that suited us just fine. All I know is anyone who sees this will simply say "Holy **** that's awesome!" No one will be taking out a tape measure and cross referencing it with their "SW Vehicles" hardcover. At least not in my house. :lol

What a fascinating thread :lol

I think a few points could be made that could help:

1) It was made and fits a 1/6 figure
2) It is not likely a "true" 1/6 representation given it's not 5 ft tall
3) It could be offered for sale and is labeled as a "sixth scale collectible"
4) It does not have a $TBD like the other pieces, which does call into question if it will be mass produced
5) A large piece is not unprecedented; just look at the Han in Carbonite.

Everything else seems to be conjecture and tbh the pissing contest between Snikt and WWEJedi has gotten old, hopefully you two can cool off and stop bickering.

I see 1/6- and it could be made! The wings are idenical, easy to detach and package. Bet they did this vehicle first because it would be less tooling cost than say a 1/6 X Wing....we'll see

Since the scale is still on debate I figured I'd throw in an answer that has a bit more behind it then just going to Starwars.com or wookiepedia.

First off it says 8.99m in LENGTH. That would make it roughly 10.8 meters high (which is a correct height btw). Now as to whether it is in scale or not is a tough one. The truth is that basically it's been completely fudged often. For example the Tie in rebels is only 6.7m heigh, and has roughly the same cockpit size as what would match the original studio models for Star Wars. The wings are smaller/shorter and the cockpit is a little bit smaller ("earlier version TIE"). Also just as a notice wookiepedia also used to state it was a 7.5m wing height (6.4m length) however was likely updated to match the official information which matched the TIE information for some other Star Wars stuff (like video games and ROTJ :p) and is apparently considered official and posted on things like starwars.com

HOWEVER the original studio model was built in the normal 1/16th scale convention and the dimensions were 36cm x 38cm x 48cm (fyi EFX's model matches these dimensions). So it really depends on what you want to go by and honestly after the original trilogy most of what they changed was negative imo. Personally for me I rather go with the original studio scale models, especially 10.8m ones look stupid jumbo compared to people :(

So hopefully this is a more complete answer for everyone and everyone can stop fighting and saying "eat crow" (is that something only people on the sixth scale boards say? I don't visit here often and never seen it on the other sub forums), though unless we know the dimensions of the HT TIE we can't actually know if it's 1:6th, BUT it is possible it is 1/6th scale with at least one of the varying different tie fighter sizes that have been thrown around the Star Wars universe over the years. Cheers everyone!

Also I want it :p

Last edited:
:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

Attachments

• hot-toys-sdcc-2015-46.jpg
    hot-toys-sdcc-2015-46.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 388
  • hot-toys-sdcc-2015-41.jpg
    hot-toys-sdcc-2015-41.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 335
Back