Hot Toys 1/6 T800 Diecast Endoskeleton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it just me or does it seem like HT has really drug their feet this year? Last year seemed like almost every Thursday they were pumping out previews of up coming figures and so far it seems fairly quite on the web. Aside from the Age of Ultron stuff which mostly looks like too similar to previous figures.

I guess I'm just biting my nails waiting for the announcement of which character they will be doing from the Genysis line and praying everyday that it's a diecast endo.

Just nothing new in our area of interest perhaps. I've felt the same. But there has been all the those Star Wars reveals and the Avengers stuff, pretty much their focus now. Great if you're going to be collecting that stuff, but a borefest if you're not - i.e us, evidently.

On the plus side the boredom is helping me save money, which is always good.

It looks like ThreeZero are stepping up now, that might be where my money starts going in the next few years.

HT was cool once.. was.

Yeah, whoever is stepping up gets my money.

I think HT has become a giant bloated overly hyped & touted version of what they used to be. I'm a bit sad that the SW offerings haven't wowed me like I (many of us) thought they would. They're a great company, but I think they're beginning to cater for a market that I'm just not a part of much anymore. Once they release RoboMurphy, '79 Ripley, & a couple of the ANH SW characters, I think I'm good. They won't make Julie Newmar CW, Lynda Carter WW, Lou Ferrigno HULK, or a decent Indy (DX05's great accessories aside).

I'm looking more now, at these up & coming companies that want to take a chance for the fans. I'd love an amazing set of the 1990 movie TMNT. I'd love the rest of the Sucker Punch girls made. I'd love a Leonard Nimoy Spock & Nichelle Nichols Uhura. Urban Dredd. FFOD Clint. Yul Brynner from Westworld. A great SR Routh.

Anyway.. :lol

is it just me or does it seem like HT has really drug their feet this year? Last year seemed like almost every Thursday they were pumping out previews of up coming figures and so far it seems fairly quite on the web. Aside from the Age of Ultron stuff which mostly looks like too similar to previous figures.

I guess I'm just biting my nails waiting for the announcement of which character they will be doing from the Genysis line and praying everyday that it's a diecast endo.

They're actually busting out figures every week. It has been at such an extreme rate that it is difficult for me to remember what the releases from December to January are. Seriously, the way they've been pumping them out is ridiculous. I feel for these Marvel and Star Wars guys.

Just nothing new in our area of interest perhaps. I've felt the same. But there has been all the those Star Wars reveals and the Avengers stuff, pretty much their focus now. Great if you're going to be collecting that stuff, but a borefest if you're not - i.e us, evidently.

On the plus side the boredom is helping me save money, which is always good.

This.

On one hand it's been ****ing tough to swallow all these damn Disney/Marvel/Star Wars licenses. After about 8 months it's kind of been like "when am I going to get my turn dammit, these other bastards have gotten enough releases to hold them over". On the other hand, it's a big relief. So far the only definite Hot Toys purchase for 2015 is BD/Murphy Robocop. Can't complain about that.

I really wouldn't be upset if Hot Toys was just like, "we're only going to focus on Disney/Marvel/Star Wars and new film licenses, no more old stuff". Then I could easily just distance myself from the hobby, which I'm getting close to doing anyway. They're just not making anything I'm interested in. It used to be I was excited for every other release they were offering, now it's whatever. The fact that they're not even making good on the things they announced/teased that I'm interested in (1/4 Police Shootout, Endos, Batman Returns, Ripley), but instead bog the release slots down with Marvel, Star Wars, Marvel has really burned me out.

Last edited:
Saving the sponds is my new addiction. It's almost like if HT do announce something new from a line that I am still collecting I'll be like ''oh......well......there's some money I can't save.''

Like you my only certainty from HT right now is the BD Robocop. I have the Delorean on order but I'll only keep that order if I buy Marty McFly, and I have serious doubts whether I should buy into that line at all. I never felt a need to own BTTF merchandise before so why now....

This went up for auction last month. Really cool, screen used battlefield T2 Endo

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Too bad Hot Toys doesn't treat the Endo like their Iron Man and Predators. Imagine if they made the perfect 1/6 original Endoskeleton, then made different versions (T1 from the end, T2 prologue battlefield, T2 damaged).

So the word on the street is HT will be revealing a new T-1000 and 1/6 Endoskeleton. Since the T-1000 has a coming soon thread and this is kind of a "coming soon" some day hopefully thread I thought I'd breathe some life into it.

Both will be from Genisys incase you didn't already know.

Both will be from Genisys incase you didn't already know.

I know Snoop101 but I'd take a 1/6 diecast Genisys endo over no 1/6 diecast endo. Of course we all want the T1/T2 endo in 1/6 diecast and maybe we will get it.

And there is always this as proof they've been working on a 1/6 endoskeleton. Not sure if it's diecast or not though but looks pretty chrome!

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 200
If they make a Genisys endo we might not get a normal endoskeleton for years, if at all. Personally I'd be worried if I saw a Hot Toys Genisys endo at SDCC.

If they make a Genisys endo we might not get a normal endoskeleton for years, if at all. Personally I'd be worried if I saw a Hot Toys Genisys endo at SDCC.
It is a Genisys Endo at SDCC. Confirmed by Touch Magazine a couple of days ago and someone that's at SDCC yesterday saw it on the showcase floor. It really isn't surprising. I see 0% chance of them ever going back to the previous Terminator movies at this point. I can see them maybe doing the 1/4 Police Shootout Arnold that they teased long ago but I can't imagine them EVER giving us a proper T1 Endoskeleton.

The Hot Toys Endo at SDCC is the same one that Chronicles is doing. Same pose and gun that's on display. It sucks that it's from Genisys. It's the worse looking Endo to date but like you said, this is probably the last chance of getting a 1/6 Endo from them. Heck I'd take the T-800 Endo that was in Salvation over Genisys. Least that one looked menacing throughout the final act of the movie.

Even the gun looks ridiculous.

quarterendo1a.jpg

It is a Genisys Endo at SDCC. Confirmed by Touch Magazine a couple of days ago and someone that's at SDCC yesterday saw it on the showcase floor. It really isn't surprising. I see 0% chance of them ever going back to the previous Terminator movies at this point. I can see them maybe doing the 1/4 Police Shootout Arnold that they teased long ago but I can't imagine them EVER giving us a proper T1 Endoskeleton.

The Hot Toys Endo at SDCC is the same one that Chronicles is doing. Same pose and gun that's on display. It sucks that it's from Genisys. It's the worse looking Endo to date but like you said, this is probably the last chance of getting a 1/6 Endo from them. Heck I'd take the T-800 Endo that was in Salvation over Genisys. Least that one looked menacing throughout the final act of the movie.

Even the gun looks ridiculous.

quarterendo1a.jpg

That's actually good news...any Endo is better than no Endo!

I do hope it would be chromed like the 1/4 although I know it's not how the props were painted.

Back