Hot Toys 1/6 T800 Diecast Endoskeleton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they'd put an endoskeleton up for preorder. I'd be in for at least one--how many more would depend on the price.

Well, if HT is going to do a die-cast endoskeleton they really should make a deal with the owners of this endoskeleton in Japan, so they can go 3D laser scan it.

YRzMrld.jpg

If the ht 1/6th likeness turns out anything like the 1/4 scale version complete with horse teeth, skinny head and elongated neck I'd rather not thanks very much..

id like this

images

not this

joker.jpeg

Hot Toys would look at that picture and just see ''endoskeleton''. Then they'd proceed to once again copy various Sideshow pieces rather than using any actual movie reference material.

Hot Toys would look at that picture and just see ''endoskeleton''. Then they'd proceed to once again copy various Sideshow pieces rather than using any actual movie reference material.
Man, how much does that irk the Kreist out you (rhetorical question). :lol

It's seriously one of the last bastions of T-goodness yet to be properly saluted, yet they persist with almost SSC level Magoo-ism sometimes - as in this case.

If they nailed this guy, it'd be one of their crowning achievements, but as you say, it's likely to be more of the same approximation pie. :(

There is always hope Vintijdroidgutzz. Maybe they will surprise us, I was really impressed with the 1/4 scale HT did, only reason I didn't go for it is a personal dislike for the 1/4 scale. Nothing against it, just not my cup of tee, too big. But I know there are those who are loving the 1/4 scale and the endoskeleton is definitely a win for them.

I would grab this so fast. It's basically one of two things I want them to put out again since anything else is super high priced. 1/6 scale T-800 Endo and the T-1000.

Well, if they re-use the same old sixth scale endo parts for this one, they should at least consider widening the pelvis, lower back, chest and back, neck and head horizontally to make it more accurately proportioned - those parts are way too narrow. The inner shoulder gears should be widened vertically, as it's just abnormally small. Everything else is roughly the correct size, but widening those things will give it that Schwarzenegger look. But, of course, as I mentioned, nothing beats the 3D laser scanning an original piece and the one I posted even has original T1 legs and feet and the rest is T2 parts. The head is said to possibly be T1 style, but if that's the case, then they have changed out the rear port cover on top of the head with a T2 style - personally I think it's a T2 head.

They need to do this. And they should get it right and stay as far away from Sideshow pieces as possible as they are seriously undersized and their bust is warped, altered and weird looking - which they carried over into their fourth scale sculpt, which is simply not how to do it.

Not the best photoshop work but it is makes the point clear.
xKpOgth.jpg

I just can't believe this hasn't been re-done yet. I would think it'd be a guaranteed seller, but what do I know? :dunno

If Chronicle Collectibles made an Endoskeleton, I might be tempted even at their prices. Accuracy seems to be the name of their game. Whereas HT will give us ''accurate'' to what Sideshow did.

Chronicle Collectibles

Last edited:
Well, from what I've read then they mostly deal with cast from original molds or original pieces, so they'll likely not do a sixth scale endoskeleton as none were made in that scale for any of the movies. Though, I presented the idea to them of scanned from original and then scaled down and printed in sixth scale, but I'm unsure whether that's even something they are interested in, even in statue form, which I would be fully okay with - in fact more than okay with and would actually prefer over a posable one - if it was accurate.

Paul Francis of Chronicle Collectables helped Sideshow to produce their 1:1 endoskeleton and the HCG endoskull. He owned the original and cast the parts. He also helped with info on the production of the most accurate t1 endoskull, produced by a member on endobuildersclub.com a few years back. The hint is that they will be producing a new endoskull for Chronicle. I hope they do more.

Chances are we'll see the Genysis endo first. Which, I wouldn't mind really.

Maybe, its hard to say with HT. Look at what they did with anticipation of the new Star Wars movie. They went back to the roots for the series with old Obi wan and ANH Vader.

So it's a 50/50 on which endoskeleton we'll get and if it will be die cast or not. If we don't get a preview in the next month, I'd say we are getting the Genisys endoskeleton. I'd buy both versions, especially if both are offered in die cast!!!!

Hi guys, does anyone tried to re-paint the HT t800 1/6th scale endo with chrome paint? I've seen that someone did that with a neca model and the result was very good.

Back