Hot Toys: 1/6 scale Iron man mark III constructible version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is interested in how I put my diorama inside the detolf, here's the solution I'm going to try.

133b39e455a0165612c9816e7eb979e0.jpg

277dcddfef9b12b8ba71e9e75abcd13c.jpg

fbbbb01f9a59f31199b9ecaedf8dd066.jpg

I will post better pics when the work is completed, but basically I put some iron wire around the top of the diorama and then I will lay an aluminum bar that will lay on the detolf horizontal side bars. I think that could be a good solution, because I don't want to modify the shelves (already done on another detolf for 1/4 figures) and I don't trust tape! Sorry, my English is not so rich, I will post pics to explain better!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

This is a nice set. Picked it up the other day for £90 from my local collector shop.
e9a20a2c79ce67c812aede7dd89d6eb7.jpg
29ac3ee7f0421db8042c330c15553ccc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KA has just released their 1/4 scale mark 3 construction phone charger,
and its quite impressive!

ka mark 3.jpg

I think the easiest way to get this in a detlof is buy the cable clips which makes the shelf fully adjustable. They cost like 5usd for all four together. Then you ain't got to change the dio. It's easy, simple, and cheap.

I like the concept of this set but I want to make it work better with my display.

I would love to replace the Mark 3 with Bones

My area is considerably taller then this set so I plan to use these 2 modified HOA bases for the top and bottom of the display. did some custom painting and added a set of wheels to the bottom plate.

I would like half of Bones hanging from the top and the rest of him on the base plate and I even intend to use some Mark 42 parts.

But I’m not sure this is going to work out because I don’t understand this set.

If anyone has it please post what can and can not be removed from it.

I also need to know how it’s powered, are there 2 battery compartments or one. If there is only one is it in the top or bottom.

Is the mark 3 powered internally or does it get power from the stand?

I’d like to attach the top section of the set to the middle area of my modified HOA base but I don’t know if it will fit.

So if anyone could post the measurements of the top section that would help.

Off the top of my head...
The top and bottom pieces are joined by the metal pole in the back.
It can be powered by battery or Power adapter in the base. The top lights are powered by a cable that is part of the diorama that connects the base to the ceiling. I doubt your HOA base can power the ceiling lights.

Thanks for the info.

I don't need the base to power the ceiling light. My version already has a power cord connected internally.

In my display the top part will be attached to the underside of the shelf above the work shop and it will be powered independently.

The base will be a separate part with it's own power supply.

I read they used a standard DX base for this which seems kind of cheesy. You don't really see the base in the movie but I figure the HOA base is a better alternative then a DX base, plus it seems like a natural evolution from a plain HOA base to it's incorporation in the HOA Bays.

I really want stick Bones I this display so I guess I just have to get one and tear it apart to see if it can be done

I like the concept of this set but I want to make it work better with my display.

I would love to replace the Mark 3 with Bones

Hey Boba, everything is powered from three AAA batteries in the base. There's a wire from the top plate which plugs into the MKIII rib-cage and then another wire from the MKIII rib-cage which plugs in at the Stark Industries toolbox. This feeds power up from the base to the figure to the top. Single on/off switch at the back of the base.

Should be fine to splice 4.5V directly into the top feed wire instead if you want it powered separately.

The toolbox is fixed in position and has internal sockets for the power wire and some dummy wires and fibre-optic bundle.

The top plate is 123mm wide x 119mm deep. The pole is 10mm diameter. There are wire hooks built into the shoulders of the MKIII for the chains to attach to.

Parts-1.jpg

Back