Hot Toys 1/6 Marvel's Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey. Has anyone figured out how to connect the different webbing to make the looped web longer? I attempted to remake a web slinging pose but the webbing is too short for my liking.

Are there other folks that actually made the pre-order cutoff that still haven't been charged their remaining balances or received any type of ETA notice?

Hey. Has anyone figured out how to connect the different webbing to make the looped web longer? I attempted to remake a web slinging pose but the webbing is too short for my liking.

I have seen some people use plastic wrap and twist it to make realistic looking webs.

Are there other folks that actually made the pre-order cutoff that still haven't been charged their remaining balances or received any type of ETA notice?

That’s me. My final flex payment was supposed to be tomorrow but I converted it to one payment a week ago and have still heard anything about shipping.

That’s me. My final flex payment was supposed to be tomorrow but I converted it to one payment a week ago and have still heard anything about shipping.

Thanks, Chewblacca - I wondered if I was the only one. I shot an email to SSC last night so hopefully I'll have some status info in the next day or two.

I'm sorry to hear this seems to be a reoccurring issue for some folks...perhaps HT will address it in the newer batches.

I'm happy to report that my Scarlet Spider has 0 issues. I immediately checked his arms to see if it has the smoosh-defect going on, and I was relieved to see it was just fine. :yess:

I'll post some photos when I get a moment.

So overall I'm really happy with this purchase, and it definitely helps that mine didn't arrive with any defects. Someone mentioned that this particular figure has a strong chemical odor and I can attest that mine did also have that as well...but I'll just chalk it up to new Hot Toys smell, and not some toxic fumes. :lol

I busted out my VG Advanced Suit Spidey to do some comparisons and can confirm that it is taller than Scarlet Spidey, since it is a completely newly-developed body. I'm not sure which body I like more because while the Advanced Suit is leaner and taller, I think the Scarlet Spidey might be a bit too bulky. I haven't played the game in awhile (even though I have the expansion packs waiting for me), but was Spidey ever that swoll in the video game?

Anyways, as promised here are some cellphone photos.

20191006_234949.jpg
20191006_235002.jpg
20191006_235024.jpg
20191006_235038.jpg
20191006_235046.jpg
20191006_235103.jpg
20191007_000317.jpg
20191007_000422.jpg
20191007_003219.jpg
20191007_003347.jpg
20191007_003408.jpg
20191007_003750.jpg
20191007_003847.jpg
20191007_003920.jpg
20191007_003925.jpg

Just spoke with a rep regarding the status of my order and the next batch should arrive sometime at the end of this month.

My replacement arrived today from sideshow. Happy to report no messes up screen print on the triceps. Love this figure. One small complaint which this happens with all figures like this when they don?t do separate shoes is how the suit gathers at the ankles under near the web fluid ankle packs. Look forward to see what this guy can do. I won?t leave him in extreme dynamic poses for long. The screen printing looks pretty delicate

My replacement arrived today from sideshow. Happy to report no messes up screen print on the triceps. Love this figure. One small complaint which this happens with all figures like this when they don?t do separate shoes is how the suit gathers at the ankles under near the web fluid ankle packs. Look forward to see what this guy can do. I won?t leave him in extreme dynamic poses for long. The screen printing looks pretty delicate

They replaced your fig for having the dented printing on the arm? That's good to know.

Gonna cancel my order with Sideshow. Just not into this figure anymore.

Sorry to hear that. So I noticed that a few people on here who have ordered have cancelled their figure, is there any prominent reason why? I just never seen people really cancel a figure other than a headsculpt they didnt like on here?

Back