Hot Toys 1/6 Marvel's Spider-Man (Scarlet Spider Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It?s permanently indented. I could?ve lived with just the indentation but if you look closely you?ll see how it flattened out the lines on the screen print. It just looks bad. We?ll see what SSC does. I had a feeling the screen printed portion was going to be very delicate and sure enough.

I saw someone post on Reddit with a similar issue, but I don't think they contacted Sideshow. I would.

20191001_160044.jpg I'm in love with this piece!! Truly a grail for me!

My Scarlet Spidey has been delivered, but I won't be able to get to it until this weekend...oh well... :impatient:

IMG_3225.jpgIMG_3226.jpg

Scarlet Spider came today! Do you guys know if it's normal to have the stitching on one side of the under-arm look like this? As you can see in the top picture, the stitching is very visible in the right arm. Yet in the bottom pic (left arm), everything looks fine.

Is this just a normal part of the stitching process or should I be worried?

Scarlet Spider came today! Do you guys know if it's normal to have the stitching on one side of the under-arm look like this? As you can see in the top picture, the stitching is very visible in the right arm. Yet in the bottom pic (left arm), everything looks fine.

Is this just a normal part of the stitching process or should I be worried?

Mine looks like that too unfortunately

That stitching is normal. It?s on every one piece suit figure by HT. That?s the side that was hand sewn so they can?t get it all that clean it seems. Same on my iron Spidey, black panther, etc

Mine has the same stitching. I do miss when the costumes had zippers in the back. Never been a fan of the figure all sowed up into the costume.

I got mine in today and may not love this figure. I loved the scarlet spider back in the day and never thought I’d have a high end collectible of him. One thing I did find pretty funny when I was reading the instructions and it highlights the web shooters as not detachable. Whenever you remove the hands they slide right off. You also have to take them off to get the plastic out from under them. But according to the instructions do not remove them for fear of damaging the figure.

I got mine in today and may not love this figure. I loved the scarlet spider back in the day and never thought I’d have a high end collectible of him. One thing I did find pretty funny when I was reading the instructions and it highlights the web shooters as not detachable. Whenever you remove the hands they slide right off. You also have to take them off to get the plastic out from under them. But according to the instructions do not remove them for fear of damaging the figure.

HT instructions are the absolute worst. I know better instructions isn't high on the list for most complaints, but they should have Sideshow vet their english in the instructions at the very least. I'd also love full color booklets that actually point out all the features too. I just got the RotS Yoda and it doesn't even mention anything about the lightening attachments.

Ok maybe I'm just OCD, but would you guys be annoyed by this piece of fabric/thread that's sticking out? Would it be worth it to try to get a new one from Sideshow or should I ignore it?IMG_3228.jpg

Pull it out farther and then complain. (I'm kidding)

But seriously that would bug me, I would try to see what they could do. Couldn't hurt.

Back