Hot Toys 1:6 Justice League Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No GL, Supergirl or Bizzaro. People like to overthink stuff. Get you feet back on ground. It will be Kal, nobody else.

No GL, Supergirl or Bizzaro. People like to overthink stuff. Get you feet back on ground. It will be Kal, nobody else.

That's what I'm thinking, people are way over thinking things. Bizzaro I can see the logic for but not GL or Supergirl. There's already a ton of characters in the movie fighting for screen time. Adding more would be suicide and just dilute the plot too much. Spiderman 3 should be a lesson here. Way too much going on in that movie.

Jeremy Irons, in criticising BvS, said the JL story was much simpler and more linear. That doesn't imply wild plot twists and curve balls.

It's good the Lanterns will be alluded to in the movie but I thought it was confirmed long ago if there was a lantern in the movie it wouldn't be Hal or John Stewart. They would have been announced as being cast by now if they were going to show up.

Personally I don't want to see Supergirl until Kal is well established in this universe. The next JL movie or a future standalone Superman movie maybe.

Finally the very slow deliberate way Alfred says 'hope' really couldn't make it more obvious that it's Supes, his symbol meaning hope and all.

I don't believe for a minute Whedon has changed the movie, this story arc was Snyder's idea from the very start. The cast confirmed yesterday the re-shoots were brief shooting down any ideas half the movie was being remade. If the movie gets bad reviews Snyder will be blamed, if it gets good reviews Whedon will be acclaimed as some saviour by all those BS click bait sites.

but will Hal Jordon be in JL? Will Supergirl? Hmmmmm
Not this JL it would be nice but has he already stated in the trailer " they have no protectors not lanterns, no krytonion " so you already know that lanterns exist but are not active in this movie and they are aware that the only surviving krytoin has been killed and they are a force to be reckoned with meaning they are aware of the strength and were it comes from .

One thing to note if notice he did not mention no green lantern, at face value you can say it's implied but given the up coming green lantern movie we might expect.to see the other colors of the light spectrum make an appearance in green lantern.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think so also, given Alfred's dialogue at the end of the SDCC trailer.

Even with Zack's track record of having the balls to do things out of the ordinary, I think that there was likely never a Bizarro plot line (though it would have indeed been cool). Despite Zack dropping out, I like to think that it's still for all intents and purposes his film and not Whedon's. If Zack wanted to do the Bizarro plot line and WB Studios didn't want it because they didn't want JL to be another controversial film, I would imagine that WB would have asked Zack not to do that. However, if that was going to potentially be the plot had Zack finished the film through, I'd like to think that it's something significant enough to where Whedon wouldn't touch it out of deference to Zack, knowing that it's still for all intents and purposes Zack's film and vision as I mentioned, and he's merely just kind of seeing the rest of the film through smoothly. Sure some reshoots here and there, but I would imagine he wouldn't touch the overall plot of the film and essentially redo it. Even if Zack told him he could do whatever he wanted to do it, I would think as respect from director to director and given the circumstances in which Zack had to step down, you would try and keep as much as what the actual director did intact.

Point is that if WB didn't want it to be a controversial film, I would think that even with Zack still on, it wouldn't be because WB would have respectfully asked him not to do that. So perhaps it was meant to be Kal all along.

And of course we'll never know now, but I like to think that BvS probably would have made a billion had they released the UE in theaters from the beginning. Could have potentially been another WB decision though, thinking they would make more money if they film was cut shorter and therefore, had more showings.

I'm going with that as well. Bruce is probably studying Kryptonian genetics and physiology and deduces that his cells will regenerate under the yellow Sun. He reports his findings to Alfred, hence his like at the end of the trailer, "They said you'd come".

Not sure how he'd find that out though. Perhaps he kept the Kryptonite spear which still has Kryptonian DNA on it from both Doomsday and maybe Superman (from when he cut him on the cheek) and analyzes it?
You know given the success of WW I think DC is in good shape because if an average movie like that can be certified as fresh and get all this praise then I think they could easily replicate that . WW is your basic run of the mill.super hero movie it's has a standard story with a typical story arch. It's not different the cap the first avenger they shy away from big discussions about gods and phyilospy and politics and still with the basic bad guy let me find him and kill him. T
It could have been grounded and did the saving private Ryan thing but it's was fine with the first a avenger look and feel. A good basic safe movie.

This is what the masses want basic story a little humor and action , unfortunately they don't want anything more and if that's the case then it's nothing that.marvrl.does not offer in it's typical movies even to the point we call it the marvel movie formula.

You know given the success of WW I think DC is in good shape because if an average movie like that can be certified as fresh and get all this praise then I think they could easily replicate that . WW is your basic run of the mill.super hero movie it's has a standard story with a typical story arch. It's not different the cap the first avenger they shy away from big discussions about gods and phyilospy and politics and still with the basic bad guy let me find him and kill him. T
It could have been grounded and did the saving private Ryan thing but it's was fine with the first a avenger look and feel. A good basic safe movie.

This is what the masses want basic story a little humor and action , unfortunately they don't want anything more and if that's the case then it's nothing that.marvrl.does not offer in it's typical movies even to the point we call it the marvel movie formula.

Personally I think WW was an outstanding comic book movie. Surprised anyone would see it as average but can't please everyone all of the time.

When Batman was asked how many heroes there where he said not enough i reckon a few more heroes will make an appearance towards the end of the film likely Green lantern, Nightwing, Martian manhunter and Supergirl.

Personally I think WW was an outstanding comic book movie. Surprised anyone would see it as average but can't please everyone all of the time.
It's good but I am just looking at it's rating on rotten tomatoes , which is subjective I guess people insert their personal bias in to anything for me I live MOS it's my favorite DC movie but it's average for some people I think it boils down to what their expectations are and if they clash with what is present on screen.

If I had to I would say WW had some pacing issues there were times when it was slow. I did not like the forced hummor i felt.it made her look silly and it had and as for the rest of the movie it was fine inline with other comic book movies all down to the big bad villain show down dokmit was fine. But people punished MOS because that superman was " dark " and depressing comparing him of course to the Christopher Reeve version. Well to each his own. So if the audience wants this typical movie then I think DC should just oblige them play it safe since that.is what people want .

Last edited:

I thought WW was really good personally. I'm a big Captain America fan and I thought it was better than TFA.

When I look at RT, I look at the audience score, not critics.

When Batman was asked how many heroes there where he said not enough i reckon a few more heroes will make an appearance towards the end of the film likely Green lantern, Nightwing, Martian manhunter and Supergirl.

That remark had me thinking also. Not sure if he was merely referring to Superman or even beyond that.

Even though I'm like 95% it's Superman that comes back in this film, I do have to admit that it would be pretty cool if the being Alfred is talking to at the end of the trailer is indeed Supergirl. As a result of Bruce putting out some sort of call for help that she responds to to take the place of her fallen cousin and provide assistance.

Not an actual picture, just an unknown model wearing what I'm guessing is a fan made interpretation of what a DCEU/MoS themed Supergirl outfit might look similar to:

Supergirl.jpg

Even though she's traditionally blonde, I actually like how a brunette Supergirl would look. Would also help differentiate her from the previous film rendition and the current TV series iteration.

Even though I'm like 95% it's Superman that comes back in this film, I do have to admit that it would be pretty cool if the being Alfred is talking to at the end of the trailer is indeed Supergirl. As a result of Bruce putting out some sort of call for help that she responds to to take the place of her fallen cousin and provide assistance.

Not an actual picture, just an unknown model wearing what I'm guessing is a fan made interpretation of what a DCEU/MoS themed Supergirl outfit might look similar to:

Supergirl.jpg

Even though she's traditionally blonde, I actually like how a brunette Supergirl would look. Would also help differentiate her from the previous film rendition and the current TV series iteration.

that suit is from the tv show

that suit is from the tv show

No, this one is from the TV series:

887c7af7570056c5fdf4b81c49506697--sexy-supergirl-supergirl-kara.jpg

The image I posted is just of an unknown model wearing as what Bocephus said, likely a photoshop of a MoS themed Supergirl outfit. So as I said, just a rough idea of what a DCEU Supergirl suit might look similar to.

It's good the Lanterns will be alluded to in the movie but I thought it was confirmed long ago if there was a lantern in the movie it wouldn't be Hal or John Stewart. They would have been announced as being cast by now if they were going to show up.

The original rumor is that a Lantern would show up but not be the 2814 Sector Human Lantern of any kind. Many sites are speculating that Abin Sur will appear in this movie to "help" in the fight against Steppenwolf and die, therefore setting up the passing of the ring to Hal in their own film. That the "No Lanterns" line was more of a "No Lanterns here presently" line and not none in the sector.

It would be easy to see an after the credits scene that had Hal discovering Abin Sur and getting the ring that way.

The original rumor is that a Lantern would show up but not be the 2814 Sector Human Lantern of any kind. Many sites are speculating that Abin Sur will appear in this movie to "help" in the fight against Steppenwolf and die, therefore setting up the passing of the ring to Hal in their own film. That the "No Lanterns" line was more of a "No Lanterns here presently" line and not none in the sector.

It would be easy to see an after the credits scene that had Hal discovering Abin Sur and getting the ring that way.

:) Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I'm pretty ignorant about most Green Lantern stuff, can't wait for that movie though.

A post credits scene I can imagine or a non human lantern. I still think the person Alfred is talking to at the end has to be Superman.

Depending on how much they're sticking to comics lore. Abin Sur is the Lantern of the sector that contains Earth (2814), his death allows Hal to take the ring. Hal quits and John is selected to be his replacement. Hal comes back and the Guardians decide that this sector can have 2 Lanterns with Hal as Lantern 2814.1 and John as 2814.2 - given that they confirmed both John and Hal in the GLC film, that means they could throwaway Hal getting the ring as an after the credits thing because they're going to have to smash together a lot of story to have both of them running around concurrently.

Back