Hot Toys 1:6 Justice League Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New trailer looks great. In addition to some nice moments for each character, confirms Green Lanterns, teases the return of Superman, and possibly includes a quick shot of DCEU Supergirl. Really hoping this movie is a home run.

So is it crazy that I'm a longtime DC fan and never heard of this Steppenwolf before? I admit I never paid any attention to the New Gods stuff as a kid, and only really learned about Darkseid through the animated series, but it still seems like a character I should have heard of before. And just seems like kind of an odd choice for the JL movie to me.

Like everybody knows about Ares and stuff, right? No. And still not an issue for WW. You are looking for problem which not exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New trailer looks great. In addition to some nice moments for each character, confirms Green Lanterns, teases the return of Superman, and possibly includes a quick shot of DCEU Supergirl. Really hoping this movie is a home run.

I want to know who alfred talks to ad the end of the trailer

I want to know who alfred talks to ad the end of the trailer

Superman. You can easily see the piece of red cape in the bottom right corner. Also speaking about "hope" well that's in fact complete giveaway hint.

Or bizarro Superman parading as Superman ???

I really hope not. :lol

I think it has to be Superman with the whole trailer building up his absence as the driving force of the plot. Crime waves without him, Steppenwolf saying earth will fall with no Lanterns or Kryptonians to defend it. The newspaper headline "a world without hope"...Alfred saying he 'hopes' it's not too late. At the Justice League panel Gal obviously couldn't give anything away but said Superman fans will love his role in the movie.

I can't believe after all that they chose to not put him in the movie at all and go the bizarro route. Their is familiarity implied by Alfred so it can't be Green Lantern either. Bruce probably uses that hologram we see earlier in the trailer to figure out how to bring him back would be my best guess. I'm thinking the black suit might not be in the movie after all now.

Superman. You can easily see the piece of red cape in the bottom right corner. Also speaking about "hope" well that's in fact complete giveaway hint.

Bizarro has a red cape also.

However, I think it's Superman.

Don't think it's Supergirl. No Supergirl listed at all in the cast on IMDb. If she were making an appearance in this film, the way WW did in BvS, I think you would have heard a lot more about it and know who's playing her.

Bizarro has a red cape also.

However, I think it's Superman.

Don't think it's Supergirl. No Supergirl listed at all in the cast on IMDb. If she were making an appearance in this film, the way WW did in BvS, I think you would have heard a lot more about it and know who's playing her.

I thought it was a hologram of Superman Bruce was looking at? Hadn't even considered Supergirl. Way to early to introduce her.

Love the trailer. Still very much Snyder's movie despite the BS rumours of them re-shooting most of the movie. :lol

This is the scene folks are speculating on. There is an animated GIF showing that the legs are clearly female. The theory is Bruce is looking at a hologram of Supergirl, not the actual character. So she could be missing; not considered ready due to young age; or he could know about the unaccounted for Kryptonian and is using his detective skills to try to figure out where she might be and what she might look like based on available data. `Remember he is trying to recruit metas for the coming battle. So it's going to be more than just Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg out there. We know a Lantern is going to show up, but we might also see at least a snippet of DCEU Martian Manhunter, Thanagarians (Hawkman & Hawkgirl), Green Arrow, Black Canary, Vixen, etc. If Bruce knows about the ancient Kryptonian ship with the empty pod it would make sense to try to find an equally powerful replacement for Superman. She probably wouldn't show up in JL1 beyond this holo, but might be called in for JL2. Also if the hologram is only shown from the back it will not require an actress to be cast or credited.
bruce-wayne-supersomeone.gif.jpg-anim.jpg

Last edited:
This is the scene folks are speculating on. There is an animated GIF showing that the legs are clearly female. The theory is Bruce is looking at a hologram of Supergirl, not the actual character. So she could be missing; not considered ready due to young age; or he could know about the unaccounted for Kryptonian and is using his detective skills to try to figure out where she might be and what she might look like based on available data. `Remember he is trying to recruit metas for the coming battle. So it's going to be more than just Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg out there. We know a Lantern is going to show up, but we might also see at least a snippet of DCEU Martian Manhunter, Thanagarians (Hawkman & Hawkgirl), Green Arrow, Black Canary, Vixen, etc. If Bruce knows about the ancient Kryptonian ship with the empty pod it would make sense to try to find an equally powerful replacement for Superman. She probably wouldn't show up in JL1 beyond this holo, but might be called in for JL2. Also if the hologram is only shown from the back it will not require an actress to be cast or credited.
View attachment 355286

Interesting theory, but the hologram you're referring to looks to be wearing blue pants from what I can tell:

attachment.php

Unless DCEU Supergirl also wears a one piece suit as opposed to the red skirt? :dunno

After thinking about things that are going behind the scenes of this movie.
It probably is Kal

The reason I suspected there may be a possibility that it is bizarro is, that I have a huge respect for Snyder having the balls to not play It is safe in his movies.

He has a superman that snapped the neck of his enemy;
When brainstorming on who would be the next villain in the next superman movie, picked batman;
Killed the ultimate least person to die in a batman v superman. That's like killing Ironman in Spider-Man homecoming; etc

Snyder doesn't pull punches. As a result, it leaves his movie's fans divided, therefore costing WB less $$$ had he chose to play it safe
And give ALL the fans what they wanted. By him making unorthodox decisions, it's not making the $$$ WB is Hoping for.
The buzz we've been hearing about zack taking out JL logos on his social media account, and finding out that whedon's reshoots are substantial
And not just finishing the movie for Zach, I'm thinking WB decided to play it safe and have whedon make a the movie that would cater to the masses.

So if it was still Snyder directing this, I would still have doubts that this is superman, but may be bizarro. That would actually be kinda bad ass and a huge twist in the end, that after this superman appears and help the JL, after the credits roll, it ends like how the comicbook teases his return...it shows a silhouette of a figure resembling Kal. End

Then the next MOS movie, we see the return of Kal with the long hair and black suit.
If we don't see Kal in JL with the long hair and black suit, In a way, it's disappointing and wasted opportunity specially since they went with the death and return of superman to end batman v superman.

So Im thinking, with batman v superman not even making a billion, which it easily should have made, with Snyder being taking off the reigns, WB is gonna play it safe...so I'm thinking, this IS Kal in JL.

So is it crazy that I'm a longtime DC fan and never heard of this Steppenwolf before? I admit I never paid any attention to the New Gods stuff as a kid, and only really learned about Darkseid through the animated series, but it still seems like a character I should have heard of before. And just seems like kind of an odd choice for the JL movie to me.

Seems to me, you should have collected Super Powers. It did every kid good.

63e89f2bfb302af714b3d60c7a8bd64a--steppenwolf-super-powers.jpg

It can't superman henwoukd it walk and shake the ground it's got to be cyborg who else would have a heavy step

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It probably is Kal

The reason I suspected there may be a possibility that it is bizarro is, that I have a huge respect for Snyder having the balls to not play It is safe in his movies.

When brainstorming on who would be the next villain in the next superman movie, picked batman;
Killed the ultimate least person to die in a batman v superman. That's like killing Ironman in Spider-Man homecoming; etc

Snyder doesn't pull punches. As a result, it leaves his movie's fans divided, therefore costing WB less $$$ had he chose to play it safe
And give ALL the fans what they wanted. By him making unorthodox decisions, it's not making the $$$ WB is Hoping for.
The buzz we've been hearing about zack taking out JL logos on his social media account, and finding out that whedon's reshoots are substantial
And not just finishing the movie for Zach, I'm thinking WB decided to play it safe and have whedon make a the movie that would cater to the masses.

So if it was still Snyder directing this, I would still have doubts that this is superman, but may be bizarro. That would actually be kinda bad ass and a huge twist in the end, that after this superman appears and help the JL, after the credits roll, it ends like how the comicbook teases his return...it shows a silhouette of a figure resembling Kal. End

Then the next MOS movie, we see the return of Kal with the long hair and black suit.
If we don't see Kal in JL with the long hair and black suit, In a way, it's disappointing and wasted opportunity specially since they went with the death and return of superman to end batman v superman.

So Im thinking, with batman v superman not even making a billion, which it easily should have made, with Snyder being taking off the reigns, WB is gonna play it safe...so I'm thinking, this IS Kal in JL.

I do love your Bizarro idea IF there was a MOS 2 movie coming soon. There is no sign of it on DC's upcoming slate though, probably won't happened before 2021 if ever now. They talked this movie up as the birth of hope, that makes no sense if Superman is evil all the way through.

Back the hologram, I'm still not sure why anyone thinks the legs are female. You can see the blue hue of the suit and the lighter parts match up exactly with the piping on the back of the legs of Superman's costume if you take a look at the BvS figure. Being a hologram it appears brighter and semi-transparent but the blue is there.

The mention of 'hope' at the start and end of the trailer makes it fairly obvious but I'm glad they didn't show him, at least hold something back for the movie. I'm probably adding 2+2 and getting 5 but going just off the trailer I think Bruce will figure out the way to resurrect him, hence Alfred not being surprised to see him.

It probably is Kal

I'm starting to think so also, given Alfred's dialogue at the end of the SDCC trailer.

Even with Zack's track record of having the balls to do things out of the ordinary, I think that there was likely never a Bizarro plot line (though it would have indeed been cool). Despite Zack dropping out, I like to think that it's still for all intents and purposes his film and not Whedon's. If Zack wanted to do the Bizarro plot line and WB Studios didn't want it because they didn't want JL to be another controversial film, I would imagine that WB would have asked Zack not to do that. However, if that was going to potentially be the plot had Zack finished the film through, I'd like to think that it's something significant enough to where Whedon wouldn't touch it out of deference to Zack, knowing that it's still for all intents and purposes Zack's film and vision as I mentioned, and he's merely just kind of seeing the rest of the film through smoothly. Sure some reshoots here and there, but I would imagine he wouldn't touch the overall plot of the film and essentially redo it. Even if Zack told him he could do whatever he wanted to do it, I would think as respect from director to director and given the circumstances in which Zack had to step down, you would try and keep as much as what the actual director did intact.

Point is that if WB didn't want it to be a controversial film, I would think that even with Zack still on, it wouldn't be because WB would have respectfully asked him not to do that. So perhaps it was meant to be Kal all along.

And of course we'll never know now, but I like to think that BvS probably would have made a billion had they released the UE in theaters from the beginning. Could have potentially been another WB decision though, thinking they would make more money if they film was cut shorter and therefore, had more showings.

I do love your Bizarro idea IF there was a MOS 2 movie coming soon. There is no sign of it on DC's upcoming slate though, probably won't happened before 2021 if ever now. They talked this movie up as the birth of hope, that makes no sense if Superman is evil all the way through.

Back the hologram, I'm still not sure why anyone thinks the legs are female. You can see the blue hue of the suit and the lighter parts match up exactly with the piping on the back of the legs of Superman's costume if you take a look at the BvS figure. Being a hologram it appears brighter and semi-transparent but the blue is there.

The mention of 'hope' at the start and end of the trailer makes it fairly obvious but I'm glad they didn't show him, at least hold something back for the movie. I'm probably adding 2+2 and getting 5 but going just off the trailer I think Bruce will figure out the way to resurrect him, hence Alfred not being surprised to see him.

I'm going with that as well. Bruce is probably studying Kryptonian genetics and physiology and deduces that his cells will regenerate under the yellow Sun. He reports his findings to Alfred, hence his line at the end of the trailer, "They said you'd come".

Not sure how he'd find that out though. Perhaps he kept the Kryptonite spear which still has Kryptonian DNA on it from both Doomsday and maybe Superman (from when he cut him on the cheek) and analyzes it?

i still hope the holo is Supergirl, but either way I think the roster is going to expand quite a bit for JL2. First, Steppenwolf will probably push the 6/7 to the limit (Cyborg may end up in Apokolips by movie's end). So the team will need more troops to take on against Darkseid and whoever else he brings to the fight. Second, DC will want to keep somewhat on pace with Marvel (who will have anywhere from 15-20 heroes in the mix) so they will be looking to fill the screen with heroes. Third, it will be the ideal launching pad for introducing more DCEU heroes that they may want to spin off in future solo films or team ups.

Back